• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys, quick question... I'm new to strategy games but I'm really curious about the grand strategy games from Paradox.

While I'm super intimidated by them I want to give the genre a real try. So my question is, what is the difference between the Crusader King franchise and the Europa Universalis franchise?

At first glance, to meet anyway, they look pretty much identical.

Ruruja

Hey guys, quick question... I'm new to strategy games but I'm really curious about the grand strategy games from Paradox.

While I'm super intimidated by them I want to give the genre a real try. So my question is, what is the difference between the Crusader King franchise and the Europa Universalis franchise?

At first glance, to meet anyway, they look pretty much identical.

EU you control a country.

CK you control a family.

Man, the amount of "Switch would be perfect for [blank]" threads are becoming daily.

The more I play Fallout Shelter the more I want a more fleshed out game, a "real" game like that. I'm still having fun with it, almost 50 hours but I do miss depth. So much potential, for example longer more involved quests with turnpased RPG combat. Also sending a dweller into the wasteland exploring could be done like those text MUD games or something just add a little bit of complexity.

I've been saying the same thing! I just stopped playing recently, game was fun for what it was but a real fully fleshed out version would be great.

ModBot said:
Instructions for PLASTICA-MAN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PLASTICA-MAN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Quake Champions Beta Key 1 -- MB-4EFAAE5C53F0CEF4 - Taken by FrsDvl
Quake Champions Beta Key 2 -- MB-79F3825BDA5D1EA8 - Taken by Asiratlan
Quake Champions Beta Key 3 -- MB-908FDB1F21723D32 - Taken by Nudull

Redeem: https://account.bethesda.net/en/settings/redeem-code
Closed Beta Test begins May 4th at 10:00AM EDT and runs until May 7th at 4:00PM EDT.

Grief.exe

The more I play Fallout Shelter the more I want a more fleshed out game, a "real" game like that. I'm still having fun with it, almost 50 hours but I do miss depth. So much potential, for example longer more involved quests with turn-based RPG combat. Also sending a dweller into the wasteland exploring could be done like those text MUD games or something just add a little bit of complexity.

Oxygen Not Included or RimWorld.

prudislav

Originally release in July of 2016 in Japan, Uppers features a group fighting starved males battling it out for the fun of it. The game takes place on an island called “Last Resort Island” where there are no consequences for fighting or rules on how you can win. So in theory, if you wanted to pick up a barrel and use it as a weapon, you could.

In addition to the fighting, players are able to impress girls that are watching the fight, and this includes the option to motor boat the members of the crowd for a power bonus.

Recently, Marvelous announced that Valkyrie Drive -Bhikkhuni- will be making its way to PC, remastered in 1080p and 60FPS, this Summer.

The announcement got many fans talking about a possibility of Uppers receiving the same treatment, and DualSHockers took the opportunity to ask Marvelous Europe if this could happen, to which the team replied:

“When speaking about remasters to Japan we did speak about Uppers. We were informed that the game was developed differently to VALKYRIE DRIVE and as such there would be a much larger cost and time investment involved in remastering the experience for PC, and that isn’t even accounting for the cost of localisation. Obviously with a much higher cost it comes with much more risk. Perhaps this is a discussion we can bring up again in the future pending the results of VALKYRIE DRIVE on Steam.”

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/05/04/uppers-western-pc-port/

Halo Wars 2 is $26 on G2A.

I know G2A is a shady site but can you get your xbox live banned in any way for redeeming a digital key from there?

Cdkeys is at like $38, and I think they're a more reputable seller. Should i just stick with them at the slightly higher price?

L.O.R.D

AKA

6zyRiI1.gif

Game looks just like Senran Kagura/Valkyrie Drive but with burly men. It's going to flop so bad.
They really should consider bringing Story of Seasons or Rune Factory already. Might be too late with Stardew Valley having already eaten their share, but it can't hurt to try.

are you sure you seen the gameplay?
it does not look like senran kagura games,it's like street of rage on 3D.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cool my laptop wifi isnt working properly, great. It seems connected but I cant get on most sites, I can get on youtube but no videos load for example, can connect to steam but nothing downloads... phone works so its not the connection so whut?

edit: ah yes, I fixed it with the magical reboot. I always forget the magical reboot fixes everything before I start to mess with settings and figure out what the issue is. >_>

Corpekata

Banned
Making Uppers rely on the sister banging game just seems evil.

I mean, give honw many of the fanservice games seem to do well on Steam I imagine VD will do okay anyway, but Uppers is one of the few games from Marvelous I'd be interested in in general these days (at least of their brawlers), and making it rely on one of their grodiest games seems goofy.

Tizoc

Oddly enough, Uppers is perhaps the one game with Hiroaki artwork that I like.
Can't stand his KoF artwork :S

Fight Songs, the official soundtrack to Team Fortress 2 as performed by the Valve Studio Orchestra, is now available digitally on Steam!

There you have it folks. If you were wondering why Half Life 3 was taking so long, it's because Valve decided to become an orchestra.

Plesiades

There have been a number of reboots already, so it kinda weird that Prey has this problem. Do we know if this happens with DOOM or Tomb Raider?

L.O.R.D

So apparently Resident Evil: Code Veronica X on PS4 might just be a PS2 to PS4 classic?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=235767001#post235767001 (Courtesy of LORD)

I find that really odd if so.
1. Why port an older version to PS4, when you have a version on MTframework?
2. Why limit yourself to one system when all of your remasters/ports have sold well

1- maybe because they are lazy?
2-working on games that supposed to work on old gen is very hard,so they will just use the PS2 version

but i doubt they will do that,that's will only means onimusha games will come later.

so i think they are the remastered version of the game,and maybe it's coming to PC.

Jawmuncher

1- maybe because they are lazy?
2-working on games that supposed to work on old gen is very hard,so they will just use the PS2 version

but i doubt they will do that,that's will only means onimusha games will come later.

so i think they are the remastered version of the game,and maybe it's coming to PC.

I hope that's the case. But it's rather odd to stealth release code veronica next week for PS4/XB1/PC. Especially when you announce Revealtions for PS4/X1 months in advance

Aaron D.

EU is History Channel

CK is HBO

Yup yup.

CK2 is a smidge older than EU4, but I still feel it's a friendlier entry point to the Grand Strat genre.

I also think it's the better of the two. But I understand that it could easily be contested either way.

oxygen or rim?

RimWorld has more depth. Oxygen has more flash.

Both are GOTY-tier incredible.

This is legit Sophie's Choice territory, but I'd have to give the nod to RimWorld at this stage in each game's progress.

How's Tropico 5? It's on sale for $3.25 on bundlestars.

I loved 3, but skipped 4.

Go straight to T4.

It's widely considered the best of the bunch.

And I agree.

Vibranium

Banned
So apparently Resident Evil: Code Veronica X on PS4 might just be a PS2 to PS4 classic?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=235767001#post235767001 (Courtesy of LORD)

2. Why limit yourself to one system when all of your remasters/ports have sold well

Speaking of that game, I realized that Code Veronica actually has a couple of ties leading into the events of RE5. It features Wesker's resurrection as a hammy supervillain collecting viruses with a hate-on for Redfield and Chris getting his ass kicked so badly he hits the steroids post 2003 (seriously, he gets choked out one-handed by Wesker and KO'd in their last battle, only barely escaping by making some random pipes fall on him).

Well whatever, I hope it comes to PC someday, I'll play it. I certainly prefer it to 5 (that damn co-op/Sheva AI, I may never play it on PC).

madjoki

There have been a number of reboots already, so it kinda weird that Prey has this problem. Do we know if this happens with DOOM or Tomb Raider?

1) Original Doom isn't on Steam. (Ultimate Doom, which contains extra episode)

2) Tomb Raiders have different install folders

https://steamdb.info/app/224960/config/
https://steamdb.info/app/203160/config/

It should not have happened. Steam should have an unique file path checking system.

That'd break games that expect to install to same directory as others. Mostly mods & expansion packs, before DLC was implemented.

Anno

Oh god, it's TI7 Compendium time. Sorry games, all my money is going into hats for awhile.

Interesting, there's a 4 player co-op campaign for this years Compendium. Neat.

yuraya

Would be real shitty of capcom to not put some effort into a proper remaster and instead just do lazy port. Is it really so hard for them? Just take some interns and put them to work. Code Veronica X is easily one of the best RE games and is imo a top 5 PS2 era game.

Jawmuncher

Would be real shitty of capcom to not put some effort into a proper remaster and instead just do lazy port. Is it really so hard for them? Just take some interns and put them to work. Code Veronica X is easily one of the best RE games and is imo a top 5 PS2 era game.

Only idea is depsite the RE0 and REmake sales they don't want to spend any more money on the game until they actually get around to remaking it. So a cheap PS2 to PS4 port and having the 360 version on Backwards Compatibility covers their console crowd for some easy money I guess.

They don't have to do work on the game being BC and the PS2 to PS4 thing is going to be easier than a full on port.
Still a really dumb decision when they have a decent port to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom