• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

I don't care much about DOTA, but Valve created a multiplayer campaign for this year's International.

http://www.dota2.com/international/battlepass

Also, the new terrain is 👌👌👌

I managed to skip last year's compendium. I. MUST. RESIST. THE. DARK. REEF. TERRAIN.

Edit: Valve is so greedy these days:

1ZPU0N5.png

I boycotted last year because the terrain was not marketable. This year, they do it for the terrain again, and a 1-year exclusivity for immortal items... if not an all-time unmarketable property.

I cannot support whale milking:

Less than 11 hours until the next Humble Monthly!
Have they announced what the original game is?

The Debut game is not Shio.

So my best guess would be Super Rude Bear:

I had the exact opposite reaction to both games. The first one took a couple of hours to 'click' with me but once it did I had a wonderful time. The second one is an excessively long open world slog with none of the charm or character that the first one had. It still baffles me that they dumped the meaty combat and the world's inter connectivity for a spammy loot fest filled with fetch quests...

Really these two games like different series, they changed so much things so i can understand why people divided into two side about this series. Like i said, i played two hours for now so my mind can change about game in the long run. Need to play more.

Hope on third game devs will take ideas from both game and they'll create perfect form.

Wok

Wow... The DC hook got a huge price bump since the time I was a Dota2 addict and bought one for too much.

9Gq95k7.png

It makes up for my stupid sale of a Rainmaker before the huge price increase. Even today, after a decrease to "normal" prices, the Rainmaker is sold for 25% more than I sold mine.

KN3JIl8.png

I really hope that SE isn't planning to skip WoFF, because that would a world of pain if they do. Why can't they just announce PC releases, seriously.

Wait for a year. They likely have a deal with Sony going on.

XII is basically confirmed already though :p

World of FF is more important, but I assume that will come in October, a year after PS4 verison.

SaGa Dragon Quest ports > Final Fantasy Tactics > Chrono Trigger > FFXII > World of FF. That's the order of importance imo :")

Arthea

Wait for a year. They likely have a deal with Sony going on.

Dragon Quest ports > Final Fantasy Tactics > Chrono Trigger > FFXII > World of FF. That's the order of importance imo :")

It's not even about waiting, I know we have to wait, it's not knowing anything at all.

you have to be kidding me!
WoFF>all

edited: the game is 8 months old! would it kill them to announce it's coming to PC too?

well, SaGa won't come, but it would be right behind WoFF, true

Fixed it :")

It's not even about waiting, I know we have to wait, it's not knowing anything at all.

you have to be kidding me!
WoFF>all

edited: the game is 8 months old! would it kill them to announce it's coming to PC too?

well, SaGa won't come, but it would be right behind WoFF, true

That's SE we're talking about here hahaha. If it wasn't for the SteamDB leak, we'd hear about FFX coming... one week before its release. May I recall you NieR Automata release date was announced like 2 weeks before the actual release ? :")

Prey is fucking legit..

If you like anything about System Shock... Prey
What I like about System Shock is its design merits around specializing in some fashion. Does Prey adhere to that, or does it go the Bioshock route of giving you a lil bit of everything and expecting you to play that way? I generally don't like sci-fi mumbo jumbo powers and being forced into that in the early parts of the Bio games was a disappointment.

I mean, I imagine that's not the case because even what little I've seen seems to have put a lot of focus into turning into inanimate objects.

Pachimari

I'm digging the mouse controls of Trails in the Sky: First Chapter so far. And the combat system seems to be interesting, kind of like a mix of a SRPG and a JRPG.

Arthea

I'm digging the mouse controls of Trails in the Sky: First Chapter so far. And the combat system seems to be interesting, kind of like a mix of a SRPG and a JRPG.

I wish everybody could adopt that kind of controls, like I'm playing FF3 now, and it's a pain compared to Trails controls, a world of pain even.

Ozium

What I like about System Shock is its design merits around specializing in some fashion. Does Prey adhere to that, or does it go the Bioshock route of giving you a lil bit of everything and expecting you to play that way? I generally don't like sci-fi mumbo jumbo powers and being forced into that in the early parts of the Bio games was a disappointment.

I mean, I imagine that's not the case because even what little I've seen seems to have put a lot of focus into turning into inanimate objects.

You have to choose what powers and upgrades you want, you aren't able to get them all in one playthrough. There are 6 different skill trees and you have to use neuromods that you find to unlock them. 3 of them are for human enhancements like lifting heavier objects, better sneaking, hacking, engineering, etc. the other 3 are sci-fi mumbo jumbo, you don't have to even use any of the mumbo jumbo if you don't want to, apparently.

You have to choose what powers and upgrades you want, you aren't able to get them all in one playthrough. There are 6 different skill trees and you have to use neuromods that you find to unlock them. 3 of them are for human enhancements like lifting heavier objects, better sneaking, hacking, engineering, etc. the other 3 are sci-fi mumbo jumbo, you don't have to even use any of the mumbo jumbo if you don't want to, apparently.
Okay, now I'm interested.

Tonton

I wish everybody could adopt that kind of controls, like I'm playing FF3 now, and it's a pain compared to Trails controls, a world of pain even.
Too bad Cold Steel will likely be gamepad oriented

Zero/Ao probably will too even though they're in similar style to the sky games since they were made as PSP games first

Arthea

Too bad Cold Steel will likely be gamepad oriented

Zero/Ao probably will too even though they're in similar style to the sky games since they were made as PSP games first

a pity really, as Trails controls are amazing, but that comes with being PC games, so yeah, you probably right.

Maybe it's possible to start multiple instances of the game?

has to be a time travel, I can't think of any other explanation!

Arthea

Well I haven't played it so I wouldn't know, but it looks right up my alley.
The artstyle is adorable.

I don't really like that artstyle, but it looks like fun, so much so that I will be able to even like the artstyle if it's as fun as I think it is.

they get a pre-release copy?

I like the time travel explanation a lot more! that and to invent time machine to finish Trails 3rd first, now that's dedication!

I managed to skip last year's compendium. I. MUST. RESIST. THE. DARK. REEF. TERRAIN.

Edit: Valve is so greedy these days:

I boycotted last year because the terrain was not marketable. This year, they do it for the terrain again, and a 1-year exclusivity for immortal items... if not an all-time unmarketable property.

I cannot support whale milking:

Yeah, I was ready to reinstall until I saw some of that.

Looks like Prey is great game and PC port is fine just as expected, but it's too late for me to jump in, -35% preorder discounts in my region are gone, and since i already have games to play right now i'll wait for sale.

Hektor

Well I haven't played it so I wouldn't know, but it looks right up my alley.
The artstyle is adorable.

If you already think the art-style is adorable, wait 'til you get to play the game.
The entirety is just totes adorbs

It's very heavy on fan service (not the lewd kind) and not all that challenging but it's really fun and charming. I liked it a thousand times more than VX.

There's only one really big flaw in the game -->

The what the could the you the ever the be talking the about?

And that is this character

Alright I got Prey. Have maybe seen a grand total of less than 5 minutes of actual footage, but Ozium's post got me to YOLO purch.

I'm surprised to find that the entire game is smaller in download size than the Dishonored 2 demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom