• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madventure

Maybe we get one of these hot games, which were just released on Steam.

Maybe NSFW.

HUGE PICTURE OF BOOB GAME

So I watched the video for that first one and it said destroy your competitors 37 seconds in with the typical picture of a murder scene etched in chalk. I don't think that's how you do business.

Amzin

Only a minute in, but they're totally introducing co-op in this one, aren't they? The environments are all huuuuuuge, way too big for one person.

The environments in DS2 were huge too. A lot of the level in the later part reminds me of DS1 though, which I preferred overall. Still hoping it's closer to 1 than 2 in fundamentals.

Aeana

I respectfully disagree, I like the world of DQ8 more than any other DQ and exploration is such a pleasure there, no other game in series comes close, but also I don't care much about DQ stories, in any of DQ games.

Faster battles? I don't remember them being faster.
edited: slow battles is like DQ trademark
What? Most DQ games have very fast battles. The original DQ8 is pretty much the only one that doesn't.

The DS remakes have some of the fastest turn based combat out there provided you set the message speed to the fastest.

I've got one better - I bought it on PS4 and started playing it and pretty quickly lost interest. Then I thought "oh well I should get the Vita version so I can play it handheld and it has cross-save" so I got that too. Played a grand total of about 10 hours before finally giving up.

I like the game and most of the mechanics, but the story and voice acting are both cringe-worthy and the battles are far, far too slow and repetitive.

Well, nobody can say you didn't try.

Darksiders 3 looks generic as hell.

I like how the overlaying saliva isn't pixelated, suggesting that the penis itself is actually the pink pixelated peculiarity isn't censored and that's just how it looks.

Tenrius

Can't decide if I like Warhammer Quest. I tried it for a bit once before and it seemed tedious. What little I played now looked fun. Good enough for a short break at work at least!

Tenrius

I strongly dislike the art style, rarely find the characters and stories worth following, and I think the battle systems are generally not sufficiently interesting/tactical to remotely justify the number of battles fought in the games.

DQ8 is particularly guilty of all of those, and adds gruelingly slow battle execution :p

Exactly.
Lots of slow battles which basically have you executing a very simplistic script. Manually. Again and again.

Not my thing.

Which DQ games except VIII did you play though?

Fury's hair is awesome, though.
What? I was just playing Darksiders Remastered a few weeks ago and there are some pretty huge and open areas and nothing there looked out of line from the series.

The environments in DS2 were huge too. A lot of the level in the later part reminds me of DS1 though, which I preferred overall. Still hoping it's closer to 1 than 2 in fundamentals.
So a co-op Darksiders games, with all four horsemen playable, is still a pipe dream? Bummer.

Although I think y'all are right, now that I think of it DS1 (only one I played) had oversized areas as well. It's just that nowadays I associate that kind of design with MMOs rather than singleplayer games.

Amzin

Fury's hair is awesome, though.

So a co-op Darksiders games, with all four horsemen playable, is still a pipe dream? Bummer.

Although I think y'all are right, now that I think of it DS1 (only one I played) had oversized areas as well. It's just that nowadays I associate that kind of design with MMOs rather than singleplayer games.

I wouldn't be shocked if the "final" game or whatever had co-op since it's supposed to feature all the riders, but I feel like it'd have to be shoe horned in these lead up ones. I'm certainly not opposed to the idea of a co-op Zelda-like game with good combat though :p

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Yeah, that looked super early for Darksiders 3. No real combos, never used anything that drained the magic meter, no weapon changes or item uses. No horse riding. No guns. No executions for health. No souls for currency.

Only real special move I noted was using the whip for traversal, and I want to say both War and Death had a glove or something that did the same. But I liked the look of the enemies, especially that boss. Nice and jiggly.

I wouldn't be shocked if the "final" game or whatever had co-op since it's supposed to feature all the riders, but I feel like it'd have to be shoe horned in these lead up ones. I'm certainly not opposed to the idea of a co-op Zelda-like game with good combat though :p

It'd be cool, but I admit I'm selfish in that I just want to see War more.

Also, yeah, I hope it's more Zelda and less lootbrawler in design. Never pulled the trigger on the second game because of that gameplay shift.

Tizoc

EDIT: Ah it works now.
Steralis for $12 is worth it after all the praise I heard, will grab it in due time.

data

This is The Police, Undertale, Super Rude Bear, Metrico+ and Gonner ontop of Dirt Rally and Inside. Pretty good I'd say.

Oh I forgot The Turing Test...

That makes 8 games for the Monthly, isn't it usually 6?

Shantom

ZleeYyw.png

Pretty good month

Hektor

Stellaris in the next Monthly.

Looks like i'm gonna subscribe this time.

Sort of feels like everyone glosses over the Pre-Alpha part of the video for gameplay for why it looks like garbage mechanically

I mean, it's called a gameplay reveal. One can only judge it for what they show you

Anno

Very nice monthly for me. And Stellaris for next month is great for anyone even remotely interested in a 4x/grand strategy game.

Amzin

Wow. Counting Inside, that's 4 games off my wishlist plus a couple more that at least sound interesting to me.

I already own Stellaris from next month but hopefully the rest will be good! I haven't been disappointed in the monthlies since I started my year subscription though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom