• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Yeah, I'm really happy about this bundle. Especially This Is the Police and The Turing Test. And I'm definitely gonna subscribe for next month's bundle too to get Stellaris. Very impressive.

My first Dragon Quest game was DQ5, or more specifically the English-patched PS2 version. I really enjoyed the orchestral soundtrack and the narrative.

Over 50 hours in now. Just beat the Sixth Base. Man some of those were brutal! The Third Base with
Ludope
and the Fourth Base with
Hannah and Hinnah
were definitely the hardest. It got very frustrating at times but felt incredible once I finally beat them.

I'm really trying to figure out how to trigger summons. I've used Rush's Cyclops a handful of times - it's very rare though. And I've literally never had Emmy's Namul Niram summon trigger. I know the main requirements are that the summoner must be the union leader and must not be deadlocked. But still, there must be some trick to upping my chances. Searching the Steam and GameFAQs forums brought up some discussions where people were debating that union/overall morale may have an effect on your summon chances. Some of the posters said they get a summon trigger almost every battle. I'll try to play around with union setups more because having that Cyclops summoned at the beginning of a battle is absolutely game-changing when it happens; it can tank several enemy unions at a time.

Pachimari

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pachimari, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Undertale -- MB-269B1B63A1ED731B - Taken by Vlad. 23 entrants total.

t1494017758z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Undertale -- MB-A061EE9582CC12D1 - Taken by Tonton. 9 entrants total.

t1494008180z1.png

Lain

Man this monthly was seriously good. Stellaris for the early unlock of next month is also extremely good. Monthly has been on a pretty great streak.

Yay, got Undertale in a giveaway on another site. I still have a bunch of other games in my backlog to get through first, but should I go for pacifist or neutral on my first playthrough?

Friends, I'm drawing a blank and google isn't helping me. What's the name of that Don't Starve type game where you start as some dude in space with a robot pal?

It's the only survival game that's ever looked mildly interesting to me, but I can't think of the name of it right now.

Friends, I'm drawing a blank and google isn't helping me. What's the name of that Don't Starve type game where you start as some dude in space with a robot pal?

It's the only survival game that's ever looked mildly interesting to me, but I can't think of the name of it right now.

Oxygen Not Included? What's the camera view and the art style?

Yay, got Undertale in a giveaway on another site. I still have a bunch of other games in my backlog to get through first, but should I go for pacifist or neutral on my first playthrough?

If you go through the neutral path the first time through without killing anyone, you can load up your save and immediately start the path toward the pacifist ending right after you finish.

Wok

We already know which comic book we will get next month... and the two other months (till August included).

KEVIN EASTMAN'S

UNDERWHERE ISSUE ONE

It's Humble Monthly's first comic! Underwhere #1 is the first of 4 issues by Kevin Eastman of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. This series will be available exclusively in Humble Monthly. Look for the next issue in June's bundle!

Welcome to the world of Jacob Cody, a boy with a HUGE imagination. After moving into his Grandpa's house after his passing, Jake discovers a secret treasure map Grandpa left just for him—a guide to an incredible new world of fun and adventure, a place anyone with dreams and imagination can visit. Join in the lighthearted exploration of this strange and awesome place, filled with new friends and thrills... all in the magical world of Underwhere!

Asiratlan

I just checked the comments about the bundle and people seems to talk about GoNNER, any recommandations or comments about this game?

To buy Prey or not to buy Prey...........................

hmmm

Did you like Bioshock?

If the answer is no than I would wait.

If the answer is yes! then I say Buy! (you can get it on cdkeys or other online retailers for less than STEAM)

Expect Bioshock but better in many ways. A bit more RPGlike and more open.
I loved Bioshock and I love Prey so far.

Mr. Tibbs

Scott Miller and Chris Rhinehart talk about the Prey series troubled history with GamesRadar.

And after a pitch from Human Head, Bethesda picked up the rights for the series in 2009. This sequel was a radically different game: the portals, wall-walking boots, and Native Americans were gone. Instead you played as a human bounty hunter, deep in space, looking to solve mysteries by cover-shooting and chasing down alien scum using a slick free-running system reminiscent of Mirror’s Edge. Think Deus Ex meets Mass Effect meets Prince of Persia, and you’re getting close to what it might have been like. During closed demos of the game, the creators teased links to Tommy, the hero from the original Prey, but he was no longer the protagonist.

Human Head worked on the game with Bethesda until late 2011. At that point, it was possible to play through all of the game's major levels, many of the weapons were in, as were the enemies. "We were really proud and happy with everything that we had created at that point," Rhinehart says. And while the first pitch for Prey 2 did include Tommy, Human Head instead decided to take the sequel in a different direction, while still working inside the universe of the first Prey game.

Nzyme32

ACG gives it a "BUY NOW" rating.

Good to know. Reviews seem good. Even has SC support. FOV slider not being there is a big pile of poop but there is a work around so it would be fine.

Did you like Bioshock?

If the answer is no than I would wait.

If the answer is yes! then I say Buy! (you can get it on cdkeys or other online retailers for less than STEAM)

Expect Bioshock but better in many ways. A bit more RPGlike and more open.
I loved Bioshock and I love Prey so far.

Awesome - - - - although it is embarrassing to say that I never got far in Bioshock. Not sure why. Loved System Shock games though, which I hear Bioshock practically mirrors.

Seems I will buy it

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Stellaris -- MB-4DF5235C45092FBA - Taken by oipic. 46 entrants total.

t1494021501z1.png

Nabs

Good to know. Reviews seem good. Even has SC support. FOV slider not being there is a big pile of poop but there is a work around so it would be fine.

Awesome - - - - although it is embarrassing to say that I never got far in Bioshock. Not sure why. Loved System Shock games though, which I hear Bioshock practically mirrors.

Seems I will buy it

I think you'll like it. It also has some of the finest Steam Controller support I've seen.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Zombie Playground -- MB-8CE9431DC57BB574 - Taken by Asiratlan

if you like system shock then yes

so.. system shock

Well I have never played much of System Shock but I mean the looks, the feel, the gameplay and even the story telling method are reminiscent of Bioshock. I think its safe to say if someone hated Bioshock they likely wont love Prey.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

This is the Police -- MB-06A902C7E2A366CF - Taken by arts&crafts. 34 entrants total.

t1494015199z1.png

data

Trying to play Rocket league with a person whom I've shared my library with, but they can't play it because it launches the game from my library even though it's on a free weekend. So annoying.

Asiratlan

Trying to play Rocket league with a person whom I've shared my library with, but they can't play it because it launches the game from my library even though it's on a free weekend. So annoying.

Can't you just disable library sharing temporarely to play?

Tizoc

Well
Just beat Sniper Ghost Warrior 3
Overall I enjoyed it, it is a nice combination of sniping+stealth game.
The final stage was quite hilarious; you just infiltrate a compound, go into the secret underground bunker, get to a room
And that's it; you beat the game, no boss fight no nothing, just a cutscene and then fin

I'd say I spent 10+ hours on the main campaign while doing some side stuff, but the main reason for the long time it took to beat it has to do with the loading times.
Dear Crom, the loading times. The open world structure really hurts it as there was nothing interesting about driving through the map, esp. when the vehicle you drive is a jeep and it can barely reach 100 KM most of the time.

Still sniping people was fun so I won't say it wasn't a worthwhile purchase~
To buy Prey or not to buy Prey...........................

hmmm

Wait for Winter Seal
Or Humble Monthly

Nzyme32

I think you'll like it. It also has some of the finest Steam Controller support I've seen.

if you like system shock then yes

so.. system shock

Yeah I bought it. Proper happy with my new place's internet. Slow with simple web stuff but blazing for Steam, downloads and streaming stuff. 9.2 MB/s - more please (well more than I've ever had)

Wait for Winter Seal
Or Humble Monthly

This could stand for everything. I'm good with spending on a fun single player game, plus I'm a bit bored atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom