• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have opinions on This is the Police?

I thought it was pretty lackluster. Drawn out, not really engaging. Its an interesting concept though.

Uzzy

anyone have opinions on This is the Police?

I thought it was pretty lackluster. Drawn out, not really engaging. Its an interesting concept though.

Pretty much felt the same. Really liked the concept, story, storytelling and the gameplay. I should probably finish it before coming to a final view, but i could already feel it dragging before I put it to one side.

Tizoc

Right then, next on my list are
ICEY, Detective Grimoire & Hollow Knight.
I'ma try and beat them in time for Birthdays

So, this is how city sieges work in M&B: Warband. It's kind of, uh, it's own thing; I'm not sure if it's due to the mod I'm using (Prophecy of Pendor) or what.
5F42808C7EB04B349EBF8D7B7376B10197B7ABF6
Once you breach the castle walls, every soldier on both sides blobbs up and brawls out a winner. They do this even if they're archers or cavalry (who have no horses during sieges). It's baffling, but kinda endearing also. The AI only really works the way you would think--where archers fire on attackers, and infantry block their progress--before the walls are stormed; but even then, the infantry AI all blobb up at the same spot, even if there are other open paths to breach the walls.

Though it should be noted that in my image, I'm playing on Easy where my side (attackers) has a damage reduction effect. But still, the defender AI not utilising archers properly is throwing a huge defender advantage into the wind.

I'm hoping M&B2's sieges are better. (I know there's some siege gameplay videos out there--haven't seen them yet.) The army/soldier AI in general has a lot of room for improvement without really impacting the fun factor of the game, I think.

So, yeah. Bannerlord hype.

Anno

Right then, next on my list are
ICEY, Detective Grimoire & Hollow Knight.
I'ma try and beat them in time for Birthdays

Allocate more time for Hollow Knight than you might otherwise expect. That game somehow just keeps going if you don't crit path it.

Yeah I bought it. Proper happy with my new place's internet. Slow with simple web stuff but blazing for Steam, downloads and streaming stuff. 9.2 MB/s - more please (well more than I've ever had)

I really like it so far (Prey). It has a killer synthwave soundtrack, is well optimized (getting between 80-100FPS at 1440p / Very High settings on a 980ti) and plays well going back and forth between controller or M/KB when I feel like it. A demo to quell concerns after Dishonored 2 would have been nice but I don't think there are any major issues with the PC version and the game is quite fun and atmospheric. Glad I went into it fairly blind.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Turing Test, This is the Police, Gonner and Metrico+, very nice. And Stellaris as a showcase game as predicted, hence why I never bought it on sle.

Tizoc

Allocate more time for Hollow Knight than you might otherwise expect. That game somehow just keeps going if you don't crit path it.

Nah for the sake of my sanity I ought to take my time with Hollow Knight. I am happy for all the praise it got, but it is def. not a game for me :p
Looking at my library, following ICEY and Hollow Knight, I'd get started on Inferno Climber and a replay of Killer is Dead.

Jadax

So I don't really like platformers (think I got burnt out playing Shovel Knight and Spelunky), but everyone keeps talking about Hollow Knight - and it looks really nice.

Should I get it?

Tizoc

So I don't really like platformers (think I got burnt out playing Shovel Knight and Spelunky), but everyone keeps talking about Hollow Knight - and it looks really nice.

Should I get it?

Hollow Knight is a Metroid-like game, but there is some platforming involved. If you dislike 2D platformers I don't think you'll like HK :X

Nabs

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hollow Knight is very much GOTY material. It's mine for sure. It's an exploration based Metroid-like with platforming, combat, and a ton of atmosphere. It's up to you to decide if that's something you want to play.

Anno

Should I get it?

FWIW I haven't been able to properly get into one of these games in a long time and Hollow Knight is currently my GOTY. It's mostly the atmosphere and exploration that does it for me, but all the mechanics are very solid. Great music too.

Amzin

Should I get it?

Hollow Knight is a Metroid-like game, but there is some platforming involved. If you dislike 2D platformers I don't think you'll like HK :X

There is some platforming, and some optional really brutal-ass platforming, but it definitely is solidly in the Metroid realm of games. Personally I'm not that big a fan of Shovel Knight of Spelunky but Hollow Knight is one of my top all-time games.

If you like Metroidvanias, HK is a great entry. If you don't care for them, it's not. SK/Spelunky aren't Metroidvanias so I dunno how to compare them really.

Ascheroth

My GOTY list will most likely have NieR Automata at the top, followed by 4 Falcom games, because there are that many Falcom games coming out this year. God dammit.
And I wanted to give Sophie a spot as well :/

Can we increase the slots? :p

Nzyme32

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hollow Knight is very much GOTY material. It's mine for sure. It's an exploration based Metroid-like with platforming, combat, and a ton of atmosphere. It's up to you to decide if that's something you want to play.

I completely agree. I made a thread about but Mods were not so keen on my own opinion that it has surpassed one of my own all time favourites - Super Metroid. I rarely feel such a way about a game and a certainly never make posts or claims of the sort, till Hollow Knight. Suffice to say, I make such a claim since I genuinely think it and out of all the many games I've played since the NES, this is definitely something very impressive

Arthea

My GOTY list will most likely have NieR Automata at the top, followed by 4 Falcom games, because there are that many Falcom games coming out this year. God dammit.
And I wanted to give Sophie a spot as well :/

Can we increase the slots? :p

I feel I'll be in your boat, this year is a killer, 5 slots seems like too little, but our goty is rather small affair, so having more than 5 seems too much.... but this year... and it's only a middle of it

Wok

Wait for Winter Seal
Or Humble Monthly

Speaking of seals & Humble Monthly, this is from this month's comic book:

UVi13Ti.png
Q48hDno.png

Except Steam sales, is there any other possible reference? Isn't it just a Steam meme?

By the way, there is a logo for comics published by Humble. Expect more of them.

Speaking of seals & Humble Monthly, this is from this month's comic book:

UVi13Ti.png
Q48hDno.png

Except Steam sales, is there any other possible reference? Isn't it just a Steam meme?

By the way, there is a logo for comics published by Humble. Expect more of them.

Underwhere was selfpublished by Eastman in the 90s, so unless he has a time machine, no.

Cels

i'm thinking of buying the Dell S2716DGR. i'll run it via displayport. can you have dual monitors with one running displayport and the other over hdmi? this is running from a single 1070

Teggy

What happened? It looked like some crazy fan were grabbing one of the pikachu's and then the security tried to stop the fan

Well you see the costume deflating. I guess I don't even know what happens then.

Edit: yeah the first guy who comes over definitely belongs there so it seems they just freaked out because it was deflating

Phawx

i'm thinking of buying the Dell S2716DGR. i'll run it via displayport. can you have dual monitors with one running displayport and the other over hdmi? this is running from a single 1070

1070 supports 4 monitors at one time.

Yes, just have the new monitor set as your primary so that the g-sync works properly; the NVIDIA Control Panel should walk you through it pretty easily.

Avinexus

Yeah, still I don't understand why the second guy grabbed the first guy who grabbed the Pikachu

First guy saw it deflating and ran to get him off stage, other guys ran in thinking it was some fan going after the Pikachu (you can see them grab the guy, not the Pika). Then they realized it was another one of the Mr. Smiths without his suit jacket on.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Diedac, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Stellaris -- MB-4DF5235C45092FBA - Taken by oipic. 46 entrants total.

t1494021501z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1366639.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-0E884C357946ED8E - Taken by sixteen-bit. 17 entrants total.

t1494028906z1.png

Anno

TI7 prize pool has now been boosted by $3M, meaning Valve has pocketed about another $9M in less than 24 hours. Not bad for hats!

Asiratlan

The one month I don't subscribe, I miss out on Undertale and The Turing Test, haha. No fun.

That month was surprisingly good compared to past months to my opinion. I don't know about the bundle sales, but maybe humble is trying to gather more people for the next months using that bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

All Guns On Deck -- MB-24B1372F56A02A73 - Taken by MaxiLive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom