• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganado

so,RE CVX on PS4 is the PS2 version

NpqKqRb.jpg

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/05/05/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-592017/

giphy.gif

so long for PC release :(
I dont wanna dound like a PS4 hater or anything but why would anyone buy this over the PS3 ver? Just higher res? My biggest gripe with consoles. Same thing with Jak I think.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I dont wanna dound like a PS4 hater or anything but why would anyone buy this over the PS3 ver? Just higher res? My biggest gripe with consoles. Same thing with Jak I think.

A lot of people have packed up (and/or sold) their PS3 at this point, and with all the other PS4 Resident Evil releases and remasters, this actually makes quite a bit of sense.

Tonton

Well you can't play PS3 games on PS4

Don't know why Capcom wouldn't just port the PS3 version to PS4/XB1/PC like usual tho

It's not like PS2 classics on PS4 are effortless after all

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-DCA803FE0A60A8A5 - Taken by voodooray. 9 entrants total.

t1494021332z1.png

Vastag

Once you breach the castle walls, every soldier on both sides blobbs up and brawls out a winner.

Heh, to be fair the same thing happened in multiplayer once the attackers reached the last objective. Somebody started shouting "Shieldwaaaaall!!!!!" and then all the defending team would build a shieldwall in a bottleneck to try to stall it until the time was up.

Man, I really miss multiplayer warband sieges... one of the most fun game experiences I have had. 200 players in the Helms Deep map was crazy.

FLD

Welp, so much for Code Veronica on Steam. Gotta say I'm really confused by this move. Like, how does this make more sense than a port or remaster released on all the usual platforms?

Uzzy

Welp, so much for Code Veronica on Steam. Gotta say I'm really confused by this move. Like, how does this make more sense than a port or remaster released on all the usual platforms?

Makes perfect sense to get the back catalog on stores, if you're able to do that at little cost. Emulating a PS2 on a PS4 probably isn't that expensive.

Jawmuncher

The sales of the previous port must not have been all that great. So they figured going PS2 to PS4 classic and having the Xbox 360 version as Backwards Compatible for Xbox One was the better route to go to save cost, but still have them playable for this gen. PC gets the shaft until a remake I guess.

Doesn't bold well for any of the older classic games ever coming to steam either.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

i mean, if you have a ps4 and a ps3, why would you buy the ps3 version? Why would you even have it plugged in?

Lanrutcon

Just wanted to give a shout out to Strain Tactics, a janky little squad based shooter/management game that no-one is going to play.

Basically a top down RTWP squad based strategy game where you create, manage and control 5 poor bastards in an attempt to fight the alien menace. Missions are picked from the overworld and can be replayed for xp and loot. Squad is highly configurable with weapons, armor, accessories, consumables and soldier types. Your mobile base is an attack chopter that you can outfit to rain hell on your enemies before/during/after a mission. Game features a morale system that's more like sanity, and an infection system. There's perma death depending on how your soldiers die.

Game was stupid hard to start out with but after 19 missions I think I've got a winning strategy that only makes me lose soldiers every now and then.

FLD

Makes perfect sense to get the back catalog on stores, if you're able to do that at little cost. Emulating a PS2 on a PS4 probably isn't that expensive.

The sales of the previous port must not have been all that great. So they figured going PS2 to PS4 classic and having the Xbox 360 version as Backwards Compatible for Xbox One was the better route to go to save cost, but still have them playable for this gen. PC gets the shaft until a remake I guess.

Doesn't bold well for any of the older classic games ever coming to steam either.

Yeah, that's the thing. This only makes sense if they have no intention of doing a proper rerelease on all the platforms. So, that makes a PC port look pretty unlikely. :/

Oh well, at least RE2 is getting the REmake treatment and hopefully RE3 will be next...

Jawmuncher

Yeah, that's the thing. This only makes sense if they have no intention of doing a proper rerelease on all the platforms. So, that makes a PC port look pretty unlikely. :/

Oh well, at least RE2 is getting the REmake treatment and hopefully RE3 will be next...

There's always a chance that RE2make might not be in the classic style.

FLD

Wasn't it greenlit as a result of the remaster selling well? Would be weird to do it in another style but yeah, I guess you never know with Capcom. It would be really disappointing if it's not done in the same style as REmake. Hopefully we'll finally get a look at it this E3.

Jawmuncher

Wasn't it greenlit as a result of the remaster selling well? Would be weird to do it in another style but yeah, I guess you never know with Capcom. It would be really disappointing if it's not done in the same style as REmake. Hopefully we'll finally get a look at it this E3.

I mean no one would have thought they'd rerelease CVX on PS4 as a PS2 Classic. So yeah anything goes over there it seems.

yeah it'll probably be an fps

Capcom would never make Resident Evil an FPS

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
NuPrey is pretty awesome.

Like a mix between System Shock, Deus Ex and Dishonored, and arguably more RPG than most other AAA RPG's

Also, i unironically love inventory management

whats the word on lenght? I havent read anything about the game but that invetory doesnt look like the inventory of a 6-8 hour game :3

Anno

whats the word on lenght? I havent read anything about the game but that invetory doesnt look like the inventory of a 6-8 hour game :3

Seems like the 15-25 area depending on how much you like exploring and your propensity towards sidequests.

Finished a bit more than half of Turing Test. Its cool, but the puzzles seem far too easy. Also it seems quite short. Finished Chapter 5
out of 8
in around 2 hours.

AHA-Lambda

Ok, just a little over an hour into Prey now, and I must say, WOW, I'm very impressed so far!

The mimic mechanic is surprisingly effective, very tense, and I've had myself jump already a number of times, especially so when
you try pick up items that are also mimics
. I find myself on edge pretty much all the time.

The resource management is already quite tight, combat is tense, and the level design is rather open, and with the environmental cues around plus lore to consume, there is a real sense of place evident here.
Heavy System Shock vibes already ^_^

Ozium

Finished a bit more than half of Turing Test. Its cool, but the puzzles seem far too easy. Also it seems quite short. Finished Chapter 5
out of 8
in around 2 hours.

yeah it never gets that difficult, it's enjoyable but compared to talos principle or even portal it's pretty flat

the hardest puzzles are the optional ones

Mivey

Look, Jawmuncher, you can't let Capcom control you like this. Sure Dino Crisis was, eh, something, but clearly the company has no more interest in action games like that in the moment. You can't just hope that Capcom will change if you just wait long enough, you deserve better. REmake2 will be a fixed camera (probably not pre-rendered) suvival-horror game, and future RE games will follow VII. I know this is hard to accept, but you know its true. Just leave Capcom, it will be better for the both of you.
Somewhere out there is another, better publisher, waiting to make you happy with the game you always wanted.

Jawmuncher

Look, Jawmuncher, you can't let Capcom control you like this. Sure Dino Crisis was, eh, something, but clearly the company has no more interest in action games like that in the moment. You can't just hope that Capcom will change if you just wait long enough, you deserve better. REmake2 will be a fixed camera (probably not pre-rendered) suvival-horror game, and future RE games will follow VII. I know this is hard to accept, but you know its true. Just leave Capcom, it will be better for the both of you.
Somewhere out there is another, better publisher, waiting to make you happy with the game you always wanted.

My two favorite companies are Konami and Capcom. So you can see how dire things are. Believe me, is love for a new company to replace them in my eyes so I don't gotta deal with their charades any longer

Kiru

I just watched Ed Sheeran's video to Galway Girl. It's like being in a JaseC dream, lol.

EDIT: Already mentioned. :D

That PC/Console thread didn't take long to become the same shit every time somebody makes a thread like that lol

So how many hours did you guys have to fiddle in the settings menu today while launching a game? I think I spent only 10 hours today getting the settings just right to play Trails in the Sky 3!

That PC/Console thread didn't take long to become the same shit every time somebody makes a thread like that lol

So how many hours did you guys have to fiddle in the settings menu today while launching a game? I think I spent only 10 hours today getting the settings just right to play Trails in the Sky 3!

I once opened the options menu for Mad Max and emerged like Robin Williams in Jumanji some time later. How long, who can say?

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like the main benefit of the humble monthly so far for me has been gifts

gonna give undertale to some lucky person

not you tho

i would say there's nothing in this bundle for me but there's that game by the always sometimes monsters people so fuck yeah

Melchior

Hey I was wondering if anyone here could recommend me a good game that I can just dump time into. By that I mean no story just pure grind/turn off brain turn on music and chill. My go to game was Dustforce which did require me to turn on my brain but I SS'd all the normal and virtual levels after like 200 hours. I'd seriously recommend this game if you're into solid platformers with good music.

Also I've tried 99% of most roguelikes so stuff like isaac, gungeon, nuclear throne, ftl and stuff are out because they just didn't feel right. I tried some grindy mmos. BDO lasted me until I got 2 characters to 58. I'm not sure I'll be able to find a replacement for Dustforce it was one of those games that just clicks with you.

Ganado

i mean, if you have a ps4 and a ps3, why would you buy the ps3 version? Why would you even have it plugged in?
Well you can't play PS3 games on PS4

Don't know why Capcom wouldn't just port the PS3 version to PS4/XB1/PC like usual tho

It's not like PS2 classics on PS4 are effortless after all
A lot of people have packed up (and/or sold) their PS3 at this point, and with all the other PS4 Resident Evil releases and remasters, this actually makes quite a bit of sense.
Isn't the PS3 version better looking with better lightning etc? Even though it isn't compatible with the PS4 version, why do people even support these kinds of releases, people should demand better for these kinds of situations. I just don't know man

Hey I was wondering if anyone here could recommend me a good game that I can just dump time into. By that I mean no story just pure grind/turn off brain turn on music and chill. My go to game was Dustforce which did require me to turn on my brain but I SS'd all the normal and virtual levels after like 200 hours. I'd seriously recommend this game if you're into solid platformers with good music.

Also I've tried 99% of most roguelikes so stuff like isaac, gungeon, nuclear throne, ftl and stuff are out because they just didn't feel right. I tried some grindy mmos. BDO lasted me until I got 2 characters to 58. I'm not sure I'll be able to find a replacement for Dustforce it was one of those games that just clicks with you.

Path of Exile, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom