• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Meat Boy in 08 or 09. I barely knew what Steam was back then.

(edit) Actually SMB came out in 2010. So it was probably in 2010/2011.

I remember being confused by the price (it was 75% off or something). How can a game be this cheap, what's the catch?

Shantom

I got Steam to download the Empire Total War demo and see if my PC could run it. It couldn't. My first actual game on Steam was Audiosurf about a year after that.

Plesiades

I remember buying a physical copy of Condition Zero to play 1.6.

Got really excited since the box had a "Half-Life 2 demo inside" sticker.
It was like a 5 minute Bink video.

MaxiLive

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/862313950284832768
C_eN94qXYAAA4L7.jpg

25th of May? For Vanquish :eek:

Please Sega :D

Endruen

Member since 20th of June 2011.

My first game was a free copy of Portal 2 since I had it for PS3, on March 2012.
Fallout: New Vegas retail was the next one, on November 2012.
Then I only got free games until I bought BioShock on Humble Bundle on March 2015.
So, in the end, the first game I bought on Steam was Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War, the same day as BioShock.

wow, it's like whenever we talk trash about Sega they port more games to Steam 😃

'man those JSRF and Yakuza games suck I hope Sega never brings them back' 😏

GAF just a few weeks ago - "I guess SEGA saying they'd have news on PC ports this year was just a lie"

GAF now - "All hail SEGA"

I wouldnt go "All hail" yet. That's the compensation for the 2015 and 2016 requested ports we havent received. Now I'm waiting Shenmue I-II/Resonance of Fate/Virtua Fighter 5/Yakuza before congratulating them :")

Just a few weeks ago - "I guess SEGA saying they'd have news on PC ports this year was just a lie"

Now - "All hail SEGA"
Can you blame some folks? A tweet and then radio silence sucked especially after Lost World flopping.
wow, it's like whenever we talk trash about Sega they port more games to Steam 😃

'man those JSRF and Yakuza games suck I hope Sega never brings them back' 😏
Hey you know what games really sucked were Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06.

No wait don't port those I actually meant it Sega!

Phawx

So my plan with these Sega things has always been to buy immediately through Steam. I'm hoping that this sends a clear message.

Can you blame some folks? A tweet and then radio silence sucked especially after Lost World flopping.

Hey you know what games really sucked were Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06.

No wait don't port those I actually meant it Sega!

I would go as far as "Valkyria Chronicles success gave us Lost World one year later... Then radio silence."

Are we doing 'my first' now?

My first game was Half Life retail key from the HL booklet. You know, hardcopy from the game-in-a-box thing from the last century. This for playing Counter Strike trough Steam. It later actually converted into the 'Half-Life Platinum Pack'. I am not complying.

Actually activated the game in the Steam beta, so I could play CS on cheat free servers. But the beta was shut down a little while the normal client was live.

Tizoc

GAF just a few weeks ago - "I guess SEGA saying they'd have news on PC ports this year was just a lie"

GAF now - "All hail SEGA"

This isn't the first time it's happened.
I know this for a fact because I experienced it before at least two times, not just on GAF.
Gaming community flip 180 on SEGA on such a constant basis.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is this a Vanquish thing?

NoE99Fe.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom