• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

So if I add both Bayo and Van, each game becomes 12.50$ for me. (regional pricing). Vanquish without bayo is 16...

I have no interest in Bayo, but I could play it. My interest for Vanquish is not low but not high.

play both, bayonetta is good even if you're not exactly into dmc games, i mean, same genre but it's also very accessible

madjoki

BudleStars Cryptic Bundle 7:

C$2.69 / $1.99 / £1.79 / 2,19 €

-- Night Mysteries: The Amphora Prisoner
-- The Esoterica: Hollow Earth
-- Shtriga: Summer Camp
-- The Saint: Abyss of Despair
-- Dark Angels: Masquerade of Shadows
-- World Keepers: Last Resort
-- Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death Collector’s Edition
-- Red Crow Mysteries: Legion
-- Black Rainbow
-- Where Angels Cry

Uzzy

The latest Hearts of Iron 4 dev diary is all about equipment conversion and how to choose the StuG life.

4d3.png

Tall4Life

Oh shit, just saw the news that Vanquish is coming to Steam, that is fucking awesome

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo how bout yakuza next, sega ;)

I'm kinda annoyed that Capcom, Sega, and all these other classic publishers don't release more of their 90s arcade games on Steam. :/

SNK is putting the best foot forward, but still...

Jawmuncher

I'm kinda annoyed that Capcom, Sega, and all these other classic publishers don't release more of their 90s arcade games on Steam. :/

SNK is putting the best foot forward, but still...

Still Waiting
avspbnx9i.png

What's wrong with that? PS4 gets PS2 classic, Steam gets remasters ;)

That's not how these things work. You don't half ass on consoles and give a full on port for PC when it comes to older games.
In the case of rereleasing on both anyways.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ESO Morrowind "early access" for existing players

"The Elder Scrolls Online's reimagining of Morrowind is due on June 6, however existing players will have the chance to step into its reworked world more than two weeks in advance.

Existing players who purchase the digital upgrade version of TESO's Morrowind, or those who opt for the Physical Collector's Edition between now and launch serve to get in first from Monday, May 22 onward—a full 15 days ahead of time."

so if you were going to buy it anyway, seems pre-ordering it lets you play 2 weeks earlier? Im not sure what a "existing player" is tho, its not like the game has subs nymore (well, at least mandatory).

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

DeckSplash Alpha -- MB-90F4CF3C12278C7C
DeckSplash alpha -- MB-B3F0966F979F11EF

Are you talking about Umbrella Corp or Umbrella Chronicles? Cause Chronicles isnt on PC.

Oh right, Umbrella Corpse.

Jawmuncher

Umbrella chronicles is 85% off on PSN, Capcom doesn't even try to sell it on PC anymore.

Edit: Oh Umbrella Corps. I think next major sale you'll see it at that price.

Especially when you look at numbers like this for a game that had a free weekend.
Owners: 7,711 ± 2,512 2016-08-19

Hell it's probably gonna be $1 tier next time capcom does a humble bundle

It's always exciting getting new PC release news even if I'm not really interested in some of them. I just like seeing Steam expand and get great games :D

Ascheroth

I have to say SEGA Europe knows exactly how to price their ports right into impulse buy territority.
I don't need anymore games this year and I don't know nothing about Vanquish except the hype gifs, but I want to support SEGA and 15€ is, well, right in the impulse buy territoriy for stuff like this :p
Decisions.

Lanrutcon

Any impressions? This has been high on my anticipation list.

Is it super Rogue-y? Roguelike mechanics are a huge turnoff, I can't stand starting over every death.

Just played for an hour. Way too rogue-y for me.

- Game is SUPER zoomed in and you can't stop to look to the side, up or down. Enemy attack/awareness range is higher than your visiblity, so cheap hits galore and falling into bad situations is commonplace.

- Controls are slippery. If you want me to do controlled dodging and precision movement than the character has to turn on a dime. Ledge grabbing and turning are especially suspect.

- Hitstun inconsistency. Swing at a normal enemy? great. You got him locked down. Wait...did he initiate a special move the same frame as your swing? Congrats. Inescapable damage coming your way.

- Dead? well, you get a handful of currency to spend on permanent upgrades at F2P rates but we take all your shit. Gear, abilities, stat upgrades, map progress.

Combat is fun every now and then, and the game would be great as a metroidvania, but atm grind + permadeath? screw that noise.

madjoki

Any impressions? This has been high on my anticipation list.

Is it super Rogue-y? Roguelike mechanics are a huge turnoff, I can't stand starting over every death.

Seems so.

Well I only played demo build for 40min. About 20min or so to first boss (I assume first time took more). I didn't beat first boss, because I kinda wasn't feeling to go third time thru same two levels for third try. (first time I had no chance as I was instakilled due to lack of health and no way to recover)

There's some permanent unlocks (like potion, keep some of gold), that you can do between levels with cells you collected. (if you don't get killed that is). But nothing else you keep between runs. Permanent upgrades seem to be very grindy to actually get.

Lanrutcon

Seems so.

Well I only played demo build for 40min. About 20min or so to first boss (I assume first time took more). I didn't beat first boss, because I kinda wasn't feeling to go third time thru same two levels for third try. (first time I had no chance as I was instakilled due to lack of health and no way to recover)

There's some permanent unlocks (like potion, keep some of gold), that you can do between levels with cells you collected. (if you don't get killed that is). But nothing else you keep between runs. Permanent upgrades seem to be very grindy to actually get.

Yeah, first boss is super fun. Replaying the same 10 minutes of gameplay over and over and over until you can get by that shit is time I can spend playing other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom