• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Dead Cells, but now it seems my antivirus (AVG) fucked up with the download/install process. I can download it, but it won't install since deadcells.exe is "content file locked". Tried to add that folder to the safe list, but that doesn't work. When I check the folder in Program Files, the .exe isn't even there.

Any fixes for this?

Nzyme32

This day gets better and better - a friend managed to sneak this into my bags before I moved:

5pWNCox.jpg

Purkake4

Banned
Oh shit, Prey is actually doing the choice thing I always wanted in System Shock 2?

Choosing to mold myself in the image of the machine mother or embracing the glory of the Many.

Somebody hold me.

Anteater

we gonna get okami hd in june, then viewtiful joe in july and then god hand in august all just before mvc infinite in september

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Got Dead Cells, but now it seems my antivirus (AVG) fucked up with the download/install process. I can download it, but it won't install since deadcells.exe is "content file locked". Tried to add that folder to the safe list, but that doesn't work. When I check the folder in Program Files, the .exe isn't even there.

Any fixes for this?

AVG and new executables don't mix very well as it tends to be overzealous with detection. I just use Windows Defender myself. It does the job, although a common recommendation is to use it in conjunction with Malware Bytes.

yuraya

So after 18 months of absence Sega delivered not 1 but 2 games for Steam in a short period of time. And there are still some rumors of Shenmue games coming as well for PC. If they pull that off too then damn. SteamGAF goty is gonna be "everything was Sega."

Oh shit, Prey is actually doing the choice thing I always wanted in System Shock 2.

Choosing to mold myself in the image of the machine mother or embracing the glory of the Many.

Somebody hold me.
Must... Resist... Goddammit, more i hear about Prey more it looks like my dream game, please stop! It's too expensive and i really, REALLY don't have time to play it now, i just freed myself from Dishonored 2.

Kudo

Must... Resist... Goddammit, more i hear about Prey more it looks like my dream game, please stop! It's too expensive and i really, REALLY don't have time to play it now, i just freed myself from Dishonored 2.

Bought it for 32$ at CDKeys few days ago, just finished it. Definitely worth it.

Mrbob

So is Dead Cells finally the Rogue Legacy type game I've been waiting for....I prefer a rogue lite with progression for improvement on replays than having to start over like a rogue like.

Edit: Reading some impressions maybe not. Too much rogue like for my taste.

Seems so.

Well I only played demo build for 40min. About 20min or so to first boss (I assume first time took more). I didn't beat first boss, because I kinda wasn't feeling to go third time thru same two levels for third try. (first time I had no chance as I was instakilled due to lack of health and no way to recover)

There's some permanent unlocks (like potion, keep some of gold), that you can do between levels with cells you collected. (if you don't get killed that is). But nothing else you keep between runs. Permanent upgrades seem to be very grindy to actually get.

Just played for an hour. Way too rogue-y for me.

- Game is SUPER zoomed in and you can't stop to look to the side, up or down. Enemy attack/awareness range is higher than your visiblity, so cheap hits galore and falling into bad situations is commonplace.

- Controls are slippery. If you want me to do controlled dodging and precision movement than the character has to turn on a dime. Ledge grabbing and turning are especially suspect.

- Hitstun inconsistency. Swing at a normal enemy? great. You got him locked down. Wait...did he initiate a special move the same frame as your swing? Congrats. Inescapable damage coming your way.

- Dead? well, you get a handful of currency to spend on permanent upgrades at F2P rates but we take all your shit. Gear, abilities, stat upgrades, map progress.

Combat is fun every now and then, and the game would be great as a metroidvania, but atm grind + permadeath? screw that noise.
That a pretty big bummer. I was watching a few streams of it on Twitch and it did seem to be pretty unforgiving. Saw it was like 50 some shards or so just to get a potion upgrade. It's still pretty early, but the game is gonna need some adjustments.

That or this game just isn't for me. Roguelike and Metroidvania just seems like an iffy mix, especially when a lot of your game leans heavily on the latter.

Thanks for the impressions nonetheless! I'll keep my eye on it.

Too bad AvP 2 is stuck in limbo with monolithsoft being at WB.

AVP 2
NOLF 1&2

What a time to be alive.

I dug my old AVP 2 discs out a little while back. Game ran, but without widescreen support (even with user patches). I would buy that again in a heartbeat if it was on Steam/GOG.

Ibuki

Banned
I wonder if discount want owning Yakuza for Vanquish if Bayonetta too for next drop?

I understood what you were saying, but Bayo and Vanquish make sense since they are both made by the same dev and are releasing in quick succession.

I wouldn't think Yakuza 0 just being published by SEGA wouldn't warrant any discount for owning those two.

Arthea

I understood what you were saying, but Bayo and Vanquish make sense since they are both made by the same dev and are releasing in quick succession.

I wouldn't think Yakuza 0 just being published by SEGA wouldn't warrant any discount for owning those two.

let's not forget it's a new game too, compared to those two

Funny, I say the same about Farming Simulator and Crusader Kings II.
and Trails atop of all

I've never played Vanquish.
I've never played Bayonetta.

Wait.. I've never played any games from Platinum. Oh boy.

I did own MadWorld for a long time, but never played it and ended up selling it.

Tizoc

I've never played Vanquish.
I've never played Bayonetta.

Wait.. I've never played any games from Platinum. Oh boy.

I did own MadWorld for a long time, but never played it and ended up selling it.

You know what you must do know. If you seek crazy awesome gameplay that gives you mind explosive levels of hype you must own these 2 classic games.

The cut mechanic from MGR did intrigue me. But apparently not enough to ever buy it. :p

The Wonderful 101 also looked pretty sweet.

Actually, I'd like to play pretty much all of their games.

Which of these is worse? The fact that I've never played a Platinum game? Or the fact that I've somehow never seen a Clint Eastwood movie?

edit: The Clint Eastwood thing usually makes people go crazy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom