• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

Still Waiting
avspbnx9i.png

Licensing stuff.

Give us the non licensed stuff like Red Earth, Pocket Fighter or Battle Circuit

Jawmuncher

Licensing stuff.

Give us the non licensed stuff like Red Earth, Pocket Fighter or Battle Circuit

I feel like Fox and/or Sega would be easy to work with in this case.
Konami didn't seem to have much trouble with Simpsons and X-Men. Though to be fair the license did expire on those.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
God this is just awesome. Bayonetta AND Vanquish in the same year? Almost too good to be true.

Resonance of Fate when?

Come on Sega and/or Tri-Ace.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Someone once posted that Battle Circuit has some licensing issues, is that true?

Doesn't seem to be. Nothing on the game's Wikipedia page suggests the game features non-Capcom intellectual property and a cursory Google search for "battle circuit" licensing didn't return any relevant reports.

I feel like Fox and/or Sega would be easy to work with in this case.
Konami didn't seem to have much trouble with Simpsons and X-Men. Though to be fair the license did expire on those.

Yeah, Fox actually sold AvP 2000 to Rebellion back in September 2014.

Can anyone shed light on how region restricted games work? For example, I am from Canada but currently in Asia for vacation. If someone gifted me a SEA restricted game, would I be able to successfully redeem it while here? Does it go by IP or something? And if it does work, would there be any issues when I return back to Canada? Thanks.

Jawmuncher

Doesn't seem to be. Nothing on the game's Wikipedia page suggests the game features non-Capcom intellectual property and a cursory search for "battle circuit" licensing didn't return any relevant reports.

Yeah, Fox actually sold the original AvP 2000 to Rebellion back in September 2014.

Too bad AvP 2 is stuck in limbo with monolithsoft being at WB.

Still Waiting
https://abload.de/img/avspbnx9i.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Is that the beat 'em up? If so, [B]fantastic [/B]game.

In my bad town, you had to go one bad town over to go to the arcade. But right up the road, there was this place that had this cabinet, back when places would randomly have arcades.

I can't remember what the place was, but I recall distinctly the quarters that went into this game. That, and WrestleFest.

Jawmuncher

Is that the beat 'em up? If so, fantastic game.

In my bad town, you had to go one bad town over to go to the arcade. But right up the road, there was this place that had this cabinet, back when places would randomly have arcades.

I can't remember what the place was, but I recall distinctly the quarters that went into this game. That, and WrestleFest.

Yep

tumblr_oigj7b36jQ1r7sijxo1_500.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can anyone shed light on how region restricted games work? For example, I am from Canada but currently in Asia for vacation. If someone gifted me a SEA restricted game, would I be able to successfully redeem it while here? Does it go by IP or something? And if it does work, would there be any issues when I return back to Canada? Thanks.

You'd be able to redeem the gift, but as the region it was purchased in wouldn't align with the "home region" of your account, the game would be runtime-restricted for three months (i.e. you'd need an IP based in SEA to play it).

Jawmuncher

RiP Psykyo T_T
j4Cj43s.jpg

Now this is a Capcom game I'd like to see get ported.

The art work for this game is so cool.
Then you see the in-game graphics and it's like nah. The game looks kinda ugly now a days since they didn't go for a stylized look like Power Stone.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Vanquish and Bayonetta on Steam, what a time to be alive. Now to just see if I can get one more wish off that game genie and get Puyo Puyo on there too.

Still Waiting
avspbnx9i.png

This was honestly how I got into the Alien and Predator franchises, and the child in me that grew up on that era of beat-em-ups, still considers it the best in the whole franchise of both.

... okay second best next to Pinball FX2 - Aliens vs. Pinball.

Phinor

Ok, Gamesplanet just sent me -30% discount code for Vanquish and i can buy it for 12.50€. Not sure what to do.

I wish they would send one to me too, I pre-ordered/purchased Bayonetta from them but nothing so far.

Also I think writing to Neogaf about this is the best course of action to solving my issue.

Nzyme32

This was such a nice thing to come home to!

Just randomly checked Steam:

- "Vanquish"
- "Already? Really?"
- "Well shit!"
- Bought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom