• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of these is worse? The fact that I've never played a Platinum game? Or the fact that I've somehow never seen a Clint Eastwood movie?

edit: The Clint Eastwood thing usually makes people go crazy lol

Neither. My first platinum game was Nier Automata and Clint is overrated. I have seen a few of his post 2000 output but nothing special.

edit. Actually Mystic River was good, you should watch that.

Endruen

Which of these is worse? The fact that I've never played a Platinum game? Or the fact that I've somehow never seen a Clint Eastwood movie?

PlatinumGames isn't that old, they literally have released 14 games. I think my first one was Vanquish, but I didn't fall in love with them until Bayonetta.
I think the only Clint Eastwood's movie I've seen is Gran Torino. I liked it, but I'm too young to have seen more.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

the clinet eastwood is much much worse in the grand scheme

Neither. My first platinum game was Nier Automata and Clint is overrated. I have seen a few of his post 2000 output but nothing special.

edit. Actually Mystic River was good, you should watch that.

Wait, I've seen Mystic River. It indeed was good.

I should have clarified: I've never seen Clint Eastwood in a movie as an actor.

EDIT: I did watch him talk to an invisible Obama once, though. Classy stuff.

Are we talking just directorial output or period, because the Man with No Name trilogy is essential, no quintessential, no Clintessential film.

And the Wonderful 101 is better than MGR:R, right up until the asides and lulz start to overstay their welcome, 1/3 to 2/3 of the way in YMMV.

Pachimari

I don't give two shits about PlatinumGames but I'm willing to give Bayonetta and Vanquish another chance, and of course I've already bought them, if not for just supporting these ports.

Now, Catherine next, please.

yuraya

Drop whatever you are doing right now.

Go watch In The Line of Fire and Escape from Alcatraz. His 2 best films imo.

Bayonetta PC was a success for Sega though, and according to SEGA's John Clark more ports are likely on the way. "There's more to come from SEGA in this space, so stay tuned for further announcements."
So, new SEGA PC ports every month?

Mivey

Just pick one of the Dirty Harry ones, ore a good western like The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.
Either you just don't like them and stop watching it, or you find it really enjoyable.
So you gotta ask yourself one question,

giphy.gif

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
If we are talking Clint Eastwood movies where he is an actor there are really only a few choices that are worth much of anything:
Westerns:
A Fistfull of Dollars
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Unforgiven

Not Westerns:
Dirty Harry
Million Dollar Baby
Gran Torino (actually a great movie IMO)

Pick some off either of those lists depending on how you feel about newness (lower is newer), and Westerns and you will probably see a good film.

Aaron D.

Classic Eastwood (Dirty Harry, Fistful of Dollars) or Modern Eastwood (Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby)...it should be a criminal offence to have a blind spot for his work.

Corpekata

Banned
Okami seems like such a no brainer since the art style scales well, though I wonder if it's one of those games with logic tied to framerate given the HD version was 30 FPS iirc. If that's the case I can see why they'd be hesitant to port since Capcom seems to focus on quality ports rather than tossing everything they can up like some companies.

Stevey

Anyone else have youtube videos fucking up in their activity feed?
When I click it, I get sound but no picture, and just a grey screen if I double click.
Works fine on store pages.

oni-link

I have a quick ModBot question

When someone wins a giveaway and it says "Taken by X. 13 entrants total"

Is that number 13 indicating there were 13 people who entered and were eligible, or that 13 people entered overall

Basically If there is a no lurker rule applied to the giveaway, does that number of entrants include those who are not eligible or only those who are?

Nzyme32

Welp, as long as they're committing to releasing content for other VR platforms, that's great. Nice to see a dev take the huge VR risk and it pay off.

If Google buy Northway Games, then they will have bought the original set of devs Valve worked with on the Vive

I have a quick ModBot question

When someone wins a giveaway and it says "Taken by X. 13 entrants total"

Is that number 13 indicating there were 13 people who entered and were eligible, or that 13 people entered overall

Basically If there is a no lurker rule applied to the giveaway, does that number of entrants include those who are not eligible or only those who are?

modbot only checks to see if the drawn user meets the win conditions after it pulls the name. So the "number entered" is all entrants whether they qualify or not, as modbot isn't going to run checks on all eligible people to get that number. It'd use too much unnecessary effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom