• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any repercussions for repeatedly requesting a refund on a game outside of the 2 hour/2 week window? Not spamming of course because I'm an adult.

No idea, I got a refund for The Final Station last night no probs that was about 3 weeks after I bought it. A total coincidence that it just came out in the Humble Bundle yesterday. I do feel a little bad but whatevs.

Instant bought Vanquish, even if I don't want to replay it immediately, I wanted to support Sega's PC port endeavor. Plus it was $15 can't really complain about that.

Kssio_Aug

Heard about Binary Domain in another thread and decided to download the demo. I had mixed feelings about it.

I really, really enjoyed the 1st stage. But the 2nd not so much... in the second stage I was getting shot from every corner, enemies didn't stop spawning, and my allies were not cooperating at all with me. Once I was taken down and called for help, my ally came, tried to help me, an enemy was in his way he got distracted and totally forgot about me. =|

The gameplay felt really good, but the 2nd stage was a little bit disappointing. In the full game, at the stage 2 I was suppose to have more upgrades, better weapons, and more effective allies?

You'd be able to redeem the gift, but as the region it was purchased in wouldn't align with the "home region" of your account, the game would be runtime-restricted for three months (i.e. you'd need an IP based in SEA to play it).

I see, thanks for the explanation. Probably not worth it then for me.

Heard about Binary Domain in another thread and decided to download the demo. I had mixed feelings about it.

I really, really enjoyed the 1st stage. But the 2nd not so much... in the second stage I was getting shot from every corner, enemies didn't stop spawning, and my allies were not cooperating at all with me. Once I was taken down and called for help, my ally came, tried to help me, an enemy was in his way he got distracted and totally forgot about me. =|

The gameplay felt really good, but the 2nd stage was a little bit disappointing. In the full game, at the stage 2 I was suppose to have more upgrades, better weapons, and more effective allies?

From what I recall you mostly get fancier weapons to mow down robots into pieces with, but that's generally kind of it. Honestly, I had to really try to remember whether I even played this game.

It's not the world's most engaging game of all time, but it's kind of an okay "chowdayhead" type game if you will. Story does sorta deliver though, which makes the whole thing more tolerable.

short version: it's no Vanquish.
(it's a fairly mediocre shooter, but taking robots apart by the bullet is kind of entertaining.)

-----
Speaking of Vanquish: that was fast. I thought that would surely take months to get here.

That's the subway area right? It's one of the most open areas in the game, with some tough dashes for cover. IIRC I found it to be one of the most difficult areas when I played it, probably in part due to how early on it is, when there's few upgrades and the mechanics are still relatively new to players. The full game is similar, I believe.

You've gotta be methodical in your approach. Take out the high-risk enemies, cover your allies, and advance to better cover. Be very careful about getting caught in crossfire from multiple directions. At the same time, don't dash too far away and isolate yourself--you also want cover from your allies. That particularly area might take a few tries, I think it always has for me.

Kssio_Aug

From what I recall you mostly get fancier weapons to mow down robots into pieces with, but that's generally kind of it. Honestly, I had to really try to remember whether I even played this game.

It's not the world's most engaging game of all time, but it's kind of an okay "chowdayhead" type game if you will. Story does sorta deliver though, which makes the whole thing more tolerable.

(it's a fairly mediocre shooter, but taking robots apart by the bullet is kind of entertaining.)

-----
Speaking of Vanquish: that was fast. I thought that would surely take months to get here.

I see! Yeah, I think it may relate to the lack of upgrades. Can't actually compare to Vanquish though, cause I only played Vanquish demo as well, and it was years ago. =o

Bought it today though!! Can't wait to play! =)

That's the subway area right? It's one of the most open areas in the game, with some tough dashes for cover. IIRC I found it to be one of the most difficult areas when I played it, probably in part due to how early on it is, when there's few upgrades and the mechanics are still relatively new to players. The full game is similar, I believe.

You've gotta be methodical in your approach. Take out the high-risk enemies, cover your allies, and advance to better cover. Be very careful about getting caught in crossfire from multiple directions. At the same time, don't dash too far away and isolate yourself--you also want cover from your allies. That particularly area might take a few tries, I think it always has for me.

Yeah that's the subway station! The lack of proper cover areas really made my life difficult there. But I managed to finish it... just thought it was a bit frustrating. Thanks for the tips though, I think I might buy the full game, I have wishlisted it and may get it when it's a bit cheaper. =P

-MD-

giphy.gif

The bolded is true, but because Binary Domain actually has shooting that feels good and more cohesion with its mechanics. I think the only big detriment to the game is that every character has their one signature weapon for upgrades and I think it would add a lot to replayability having the ability to upgrade whatever you wanted, but as far as combat is concerned Binary Domain blows Vanquish out of the water. So fun. The party interactions and story are just the icing on top.

zkylon

zkylewd
gave different games in my library a shot but nothing quite catching my attention

wish i had money to buy bayonetta lol

i might try playing ff13

i've been thinking about playing it for a while but i never want to download the like 70gigs

iosefe

gave different games in my library a shot but nothing quite catching my attention

i might try playing ff13

i've been thinking about playing it for a while but i never want to download the like 70gigs

it's 5 bucks cheaper if you also buy Vanquish at the same time. sounds likea good deal

Tizoc

i might try playing ff13

Fire up team fortress 2 and sell ur tf2 inventory
Surely there are cards u hadnt sold yet

zkylon

zkylewd
speaking of games i tried, the beaureueueuaue xcom declassified feels so dated already it's kinda nuts

everything about that game feels really rotten to me, the way characters animate and move and how little satisfaction you get from firing guns and how blatantly tutorialized the first area is and whatnot

i couldn't get past the tutorial it annoyed me so much, and i kind of love the aesthetic

sucks

it's 5 bucks cheaper if you also buy Vanquish at the same time. sounds likea good deal

i tell u i don't have money for 1 game and u want me to buy 2 -__-

Fire up team fortress 2 and sell ur tf2 inventory
Surely there are cards u hadnt sold yet
yeah i've been doing that, saved up like 15 bucks so i'm just short of buying it

trying to think what i could afford for this money but nothing tempts me

Knurek

Where and how much? Did you buy it in Poland or from outside the country?
Can't seem to find anything here except for total garbage and higher-end HRAPs that are out of my league. And Qanba sticks (whose lower-end sticks are supposed to be decent for the price) aren't available in Europe.
In fact I would have to order from HK because the American stores don't ship those sticks here.

Amazon.de, €54
(May say it does not ship to Poland, but the version sold by Eliteconsole does).
It's a cheap stick, but I feel it's a good investment for my casual MAME session once in a blue moon, and if I ever feel the need to go higher, it's easy to mod with better parts.

Parsnip

Stop showing me hairloss product ads gaf,
I'm not losing my hair damn it.

Why is Windows force updating my Nvidia drivers when they are already up to date? Why don't they leave videocard drivers the fuck alone? Why are they so insistent on making Windows 10 an awful piece of shit?
I think they added an option to never update drivers with the creators update, but maybe only on pro and up but not home. I imagine most of us have home versions.

It blows.

kurahador

I think they added an option to never update drivers with the creators update, but maybe only on pro and up but not home. I imagine most of us have home versions.

It blows.

I have Pro version it never upgrades my drivers. Though I do have the "Defer feature upgrades" selected in the advance option.

Kssio_Aug

I have plenty of games on my backlog, and I'm on a quest trying to give more attention to it, since most of them are just thrown there for years without being noticed.

That said, I'd like a suggestion of which would you people recommend the most, about some of them:

- Alan Wake (played a bit in the past, but actually found it a bit too difficult)
- Bastion
- FEZ
- Legend of Grimrock
- Torchlight
- Vessel
- Rochard

Also, there are a bunch of indie games I got in bundles that I ended up not interested. Is one of these actually something some of you believe I definitely should give a try?

- FTL
- Gratuitious Space Battles
- Offspring Fling
- Snapshot
- Shatter
- Superfrog HD
- A Virus Named Tom
- Wizorb
- Space Pirates and Zombies

zkylon

zkylewd
I have plenty of games on my backlog, and I'm on a quest trying to give more attention to it, since most of them are just thrown there for years without being noticed.

That said, I'd like a suggestion of which would you people recommend the most, about some of them:

- Alan Wake (played a bit in the past, but actually found it a bit too difficult)
- Bastion
- FEZ
- Legend of Grimrock
- Torchlight
- Vessel
- Rochard

Also, there are a bunch of indie games I got in bundles that I ended up not interested. Is one of these actually something some of you believe I definitely should give a try?

- FTL
- Offspring Fling
- Snapshot
- Shatter
- Superfrog HD
- A Virus Named Tom
- Wizorb

fez and ftl stand out of those for me

i also liked alan wake a lot, but it's not for everyone

Ascheroth

- Bastion
- FEZ
- Legend of Grimrock
- Torchlight
- Vessel
- Rochard

- FTL
- Offspring Fling
- Snapshot
- Shatter
- Superfrog HD
- A Virus Named Tom
- Wizorb
FEZ, FTL, Bastion, Alan Wake and Legend of Grimrock would be ones I'd recommend giving a try.

Jadax

FTL starts out tough and confusing, but you'll fall in love with it once you get the hang of it. Plus that music makes the journey all that much sweeter.

Change the difficulty to easy because easy is actually the normal difficulty, and normal difficulty is actually hard. I played the game on normal and when I beat it, I got the achievement for beating the game on hard.

- Bastion
- FEZ
- Legend of Grimrock
- Torchlight
- Vessel
- Rochard

- FTL
- Offspring Fling
- Snapshot
- Shatter
- Superfrog HD
- A Virus Named Tom
- Wizorb

Bastion isn't a long game so you should give it a try. Fez and Legend of Grimrock seemed like interesting games if you're into the genres of each one (puzzle/platformer and dungeon crawler)

In my opinion you should play FTL, though it can be a bit unforgiving at first so play at the easiest difficult first to understand the gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom