• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

looks like a good game
ss_40eb0b950d3eff3161830f0133ca9ec249082071.1920x1080.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was hoping there would be a more elegant solution but i guess it'll have to do, thanks!

As a result of the changes, it's now completely impossible to purchase a gift for later use. Even if you were to send it to an alt account, the gift redemption URL in the notification e-mail wouldn't work for any other user.

Does anybody use Steam Link wirelessly? Due to my set up this might be the only option for me but from everything I've read it'll probably lag a lot.

As a result of the changes, it's now completely impossible to purchase a gift for later use. Even if you were to send it to an alt account, the gift redemption URL in the notification e-mail wouldn't work for any other user.

Gotcha. So that means i can't even buy the game until the giveaway is done...

JaseC

Did he? My bad in that case, I was sure there were a few gafers here who never got their games.

Well, I can't say for certain that everybody received their game, however several winners chimed in to say he'd recently come through when I used his giveaway as an example of why you shouldn't do IOUs for titles that aren't yet pre-purchaseable or you otherwise can't yet buy.

Gotcha. So that means i can't even buy the game until the giveaway is done...

Yeah, it's a bit of a hassle now.

Does the GAFFer that won access to your account still play games occasionally?

Yeah, every now and again. He's played a bit of Prey.

anyone know if there's a way to find out what indiegala account you linked your steam account to? I must have done it years ago with a forgotten account and can't remember it

JaseC

Good choice by him/her. How does it work, can 2 people play at once (different games)?

Family Sharing doesn't allow concurrent library access. The only way we could both play a game is if I switched to Offline Mode (shared libraries aren't accessible in OM).

But what if Jase is playing a game and is kicked out! I am sure this never happens but could be awkward, or can Jase never be kicked out as he is the OG.

The library owner has precedence. He can't launch a game if I'm in-game.

Vuze

Did he? My bad in that case, I was sure there were a few gafers here who never got their games.
He did atleast in my case which was a pleasant surprise since I didn't even think about it anymore. I think it's been a year already.

Family Sharing doesn't allow concurrent library access. The only way we could both play a game is if I switched to Offline Mode (shared libraries aren't accessible in OM).

He can't launch a game if I'm in-game.

Makes sense, very cool. I never really followed the family sharing protocol but if you cant be kicked out and you can kick them out it is a sweet concept.

JaseC

Makes sense, very cool. I never really followed the family sharing protocol but if you cant be kicked out and you can kick them out it is a sweet concept.

I do think the lack of concurrent library access is rather heavy-handed. I'd like for Valve to loosen the noose a bit and just disallow concurrent game access. Also, Steam's determination of what is and isn't shareable isn't perfect and several of my games that are shareable don't carry over to the shared library (e.g. South Park, CoD: Advanced Warfare, two or three of the Resident Evil titles and who knows what else). I think the issue is that FS is designed to hide region-locked games that user can't run and this is erroneously affecting some region-free games (with the possible exception of some region-specific releases, none of my games are region-locked).

ezodagrom

I do think the lack of concurrent library access is rather heavy-handed. I'd like for Valve to loosen the noose a bit and just disallow concurrent game access.
Personally I wish it was possible to separate the Steam library into 2 libraries, shared library and owner library. Shared library would work like the current family sharing, while the account owner would have access to the games in the owner library without affecting the person that would be using the shared library...

Mivey

I do think the lack of concurrent library access is rather heavy-handed. I'd like for Valve to loosen the noose a bit and just disallow concurrent game access.
That would just lead for all Steam friends to share libraries with all people they know, until they reach the limit. Depending on how actually social the Steam userbase is, that could reduce sales for Valve quite a bit. Especially for new 60$ games. Once someone is "done" with it, like say finishing Prey after 20 hours, someone else could play it, and so forth.
I mean, reduce sales in general, which would hit Valve the most.

JaseC

Personally I wish it was possible to separate the Steam library into 2 libraries, shared library and owner library. Shared library would work like the current family sharing, while the account owner would have access to the games in the owner library without affecting the person that would be using the shared library...

That wouldn't be a bad idea. Not ideal, but certainly a little better than the current setup.

That would just lead for all Steam friends to share libraries with all people they know, until they reach the limit. Depending on how actually social the Steam userbase is, that could reduce sales for Valve quite a bit. Especially for new 60$ games. Once someone is "done" with it, like say finishing Prey after 20 hours, someone else could play it, and so forth.

The limit is just 5. It was originally 10 but quietly changed around the time Offline Mode support was disabled.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dungeons 2 -- MB-7FF73E988BA8774F - Taken by Saty
16bit Trader -- MB-7C036F797069BE12 - Taken by Hakkelus
Divide By Sheep -- MB-2137956ADB1B7594 - Taken by Vazduh

So I'm pretty sure I'm near the end of The Last Remnant. I gave up on trying to do all the sidequests, which is how you get access to the true final boss, because my characters are poorly optimized so I'm sure I would just get destroyed anyway. I'll save that for NG+, if I decide to play through this game again.

Why?

Do you hate yourself?

I need to clear my backlog before I even think of buying any more Steam games.

I traded that G2A deal bundle already, so just learn my mistakes and don't buy anything from G2A, and even if you for some reasons will buy something from them, don't forget to check pre-approved payments in your paypal account.

Finished chapter 4 in Bayonetta, and while i having a blast with this game, i don't understand how to properly dodge boss attacks. Usual enemies are easy, but those dragon heads attacking with weird timing, sometimes they're too fast, sometimes otherwise, I'm dodging to early and getting damage. Is there any way to know for sure at what exact moment i should dodge? Without dying several times just to learn boss attack pattern.

Hupsel

Lol I saw Dungeon of the Endless Crystal Edition and thought it was an addon that turned the graphics of the game realistic instead of pixelated :( I would have bought that lol.

Also I still have a Stellaris key to trade if anyone is interested. Can only accept keys in return since my Steam account is from South America :D

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I don't recall all the deets as I read them a few months ago at this point. But they referenced all of the sales data from PoE 1 and contrasted that to give an estimate of when investors would break even and what they anticipate would be the likely return. Basically, if PoE2 does amazing, I should only realistically expect to make $800. Anything after $800 will be discretionary from the fig board.

Edit: This would be 500k units at retail price.

So my question is how many units did PoE 1 sell at those prices? According to the limited data I can see from Steamspy, there are something like ~900k owners of PoE1. Assuming ~74k of those are backers (pulled from the kickstarter page), the number is probably higher since there are backers who may have come from other places than Kickstarter, but yo this is napikin math so it's fine. That something like... ~790k copies sold at any price.

PoE has been on sale but not at huge discount AFAIK, so hitting 500k for the sequel seems pretty reasonable. No idea if that will be hit with full retail copies or not, but.. hey! You are supporting a company and game you clearly love, so go you!

I hope it works out because I am also a backer of PoE2, so I want it to be great =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom