• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick_C

DS3 PC is amazing. I still rate DS1 higher, but just because it was a whole new game-world for me, and I loved it.

Leave your steam url here and someone will send you an invite - it's pretty much inactive anyways.

Thanks for the reply. How's the performance on PC though? I could save about $15 and grab the season pass on PS4, or I could grab everything on PC if the performance is like night and day.

Running well above recommended specs, just wondering if there are any huge issues.

dark souls 3 on pc is an all around great port

play it with a controller tho cos u know, it's dark souls

I picked up DS1 early last year and grabbed an Elite controller because I just couldn't kb&m it.

Teeth

dark souls 3 on pc is an all around great port

play it with a controller tho cos u know, it's dark souls

DS3 PC is amazing. I still rate DS1 higher, but just because it was a whole new game-world for me, and I loved it.

Leave your steam url here and someone will send you an invite - it's pretty much inactive anyways.

Did they ever fix the stutter when you pick up an item?

derFeef

Finally jumping on the Vive train. Any worthwhile games to get?

I can give you some of my favourite list at least :)

The Serious Sam VR games - the full SS experience with lot's of movement options, cross multiplayer and coop. Huge fun.

Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope - the wave based shooting gallery game. Fun for short bursts and they constantly add content and weapons to it.

Arizona Sunshine - it has a short but neat campaign, looks quite good and really has that scavenging, surviving feel. Also the last content update was really good.

Rec Room - Multiplayer fun with a "MMO feel" to it - minigames ala paintball and so on. Really well done, free too.

Job Simulator - a no brainer, the interactivity is just great.

Soundboxing - Create your workout to music videos, do challanges created by others.

Raw Data - high production values and great shooting mechanics, you need a good PC though.

Obduction - the VR implementation is not perfect yet, maybe wait for a few patches. Otherwise it's a cool "VR Myst" experience.

The Solus Project - same as Obduction. SciFi, light survival game.

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - self explanatory :)

Elite Dangerous, Dirt Rally, Project Cars - if you play those games already check the VR mode out for sure. If not they are worth a look with a sale.

DOOM 3 BFG - there is a VR mod for that one if you can stomach it :)

Vanishing Realms is getting lot's of good reviews but I have not tried it yet.

There are other small games that are worth checking out, especially horror games like A Chair in a Room. Games like Fruit Ninja VR are very polished and worrth grabbing. Most of those are overpriced a little bit IMO so look out for sales :)

catabarez

Lots of shooting galleries.

I think it's too soon to jump in, I'm atleast waiting for the next lighthouse versions and probably whatever those knuckle controller prototypes turn into.

I got a decent deal on one so I figured why not. Plus my wife has been asking me to get it since she demoed one :p

64 hours clocked, saved right before the door to the final boss. Will resume tomorrow morning.

My feelings toward this game have soured significantly over the past few hours. It's not that it's gotten worse or anything, it's just that all the flaws in this game have really taken their toll after five dozen hours played. I've skipped most of the late-game sidequests and optional bosses because I just want to finish the game. I remember this is the exact same feeling I had at the end of The Witcher 3 - I was so tired of the boring combat/clunky controls by the end of the game that I just powered through the main quest and finished it.

Monooboe

Oooh joy! I think Stellaris might actually be playable on my Intel GPU and M CPU. Fired it up to test and while choppy it was still manageable. Sure it was in the tutorial, so it might totally bog down later.

Anything I should know about Stellaris before going into it?

Also, achivements only in Ironman mode?

data

Oooh joy! I think Stellaris might actually be playable on my Intel GPU and M CPU. Fired it up to test and while choppy it was still manageable. Sure it was in the tutorial, so it might totally bog down later.

From my experience, it's going to get really slow later on in the game at higher speeds and if your CPU throttles the game will come to a screeching halt.

I'm only 20 hours in but I feel like playing the tutorial and watching a youtube tutorial at 1.5/2x speed gave me enough knowledge to enjoy the game

oipic

Yep, Stellaris follows the usual Paradox routine: achievements only in ironman mode... in theory, anyway - I'm not sure if they've issued a hotfix for it yet, but the 1.6 update once again broke achievements altogether (among a whole bunch of other things, and other bugs remain in place from 1.5 - it's a bit of a bug-ridden mess at the moment, seemingly).

Monooboe

From my experience, it's going to get really slow later on in the game at higher speeds and if your CPU throttles the game will come to a screeching halt.

Aah hmh, hopefully going smaller windowed mode will help if that happens.

Yep, Stellaris follows the usual Paradox routine: achievements only in ironman mode... in theory, anyway - I'm not sure if they've issued a hotfix for it yet, but the 1.6 update once again broke achievements altogether (among a whole bunch of other things, and other bugs remain in place from 1.5 - it's a bit of a bug-ridden mess at the moment, seemingly).

Ah, well since I wont have any idea of what I am doing at first it might be better to wait with achivements.XD So how hard is Ironman mode? Like something one can play on the second game or something that one might try 50 hours in?

catabarez

I can give you some of my favourite list at least :)

The Serious Sam VR games - the full SS experience with lot's of movement options, cross multiplayer and coop. Huge fun.

Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope - the wave based shooting gallery game. Fun for short bursts and they constantly add content and weapons to it.

Arizona Sunshine - it has a short but neat campaign, looks quite good and really has that scavenging, surviving feel. Also the last content update was really good.

Rec Room - Multiplayer fun with a "MMO feel" to it - minigames ala paintball and so on. Really well done, free too.

Job Simulator - a no brainer, the interactivity is just great.

Soundboxing - Create your workout to music videos, do challanges created by others.

Raw Data - high production values and great shooting mechanics, you need a good PC though.

Obduction - the VR implementation is not perfect yet, maybe wait for a few patches. Otherwise it's a cool "VR Myst" experience.

The Solus Project - same as Obduction. SciFi, light survival game.

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - self explanatory :)

Elite Dangerous, Dirt Rally, Project Cars - if you play those games already check the VR mode out for sure. If not they are worth a look with a sale.

DOOM 3 BFG - there is a VR mod for that one if you can stomach it :)

Vanishing Realms is getting lot's of good reviews but I have not tried it yet.

There are other small games that are worth checking out, especially horror games like A Chair in a Room. Games like Fruit Ninja VR are very polished and worrth grabbing. Most of those are overpriced a little bit IMO so look out for sales :)

I'd just get the Rick & Morty VR game and call it a day,

Sounds good to me. Thanks guys.

oipic

Ah, well since I wont have any idea of what I am doing at first it might be better to wait with achivements.XD So how hard is Ironman mode? Like something one can play on the second game or something that one might try 50 hours in?

It's no harder as such, in a gameplay sense - ironman simply restricts you to a single save, autosaves after most (all?) decisions, and prevents save-scumming, reloading and whatnot.

2 questions:

1) How's the Dark Souls 3 PC port? I have it on PS4, but if I can get a superior version on PC with all DLC included for sub-$40 I'll grab it.

2) How do I get into the Steam group?
60fps makes the game a night and day difference. It's way better than ps4 without the garbage framepacing.

MaxiLive

There are lots of short experiences which are quite cool but I you'll probably only play them for 30mins or so.

My killer apps have been Google Earth, The Lab, Job Simulator, Holopoint.

Racing games are also fantastic if you have a wheel, Dirt Rally, LFS, Asseto Corsa, pCARS.

On another note I got my new monitor yesterday and finally moved to 100hz from 60hz! I went for the crazy Asus ROG Swift Curved PG348Q as I found someone who was selling it rather cheap 2nd hand, I think 34" was a little bit overkill for my desk to be honest but the 100hz Gsync, IPS is very nice and a big upgrade from what I was rocking before. Still a gaudy looking monitor though but at least that is facing the wall.

Gsync is the real deal, I'm very impressed with the technology as it made playing GTA V fell very nice even with it jumping between 45-70fps. It is still far better having a perfectly smooth framerate but I'm impressed with how well it smooths out the dips and tearing.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member

motion games:
Raw Data
Arizona Sunshine

regular controller games:
House of the Dying Sun
Thumper

free stuff:
Rec Room
The Lab

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ah fuck, I need help!

So I deposited some cash in my bank so I can buy Vanquish today. So I then headed to purchase in Steam Store via paypal, but then an error occurred. Okay, no biggie, usually this means the money is untouched.

However, when I checked my bank account, the amount was reduced and there's a paypal transaction as though I bought the game! I checked my paypal account and it doesn't show up, although it's in the disputes section

Code:
	May 12, 2017	 	Transfer From	Credit Card	Denied	Details P336.43 PHP

I tried to dispute but it says error, that the transaction is still ongoing. What should I do and who should I report to?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah fuck, I need help!

So I deposited some cash in my bank so I can buy Vanquish today. So I then headed to purchase in Steam Store via paypal, but then an error occurred. Okay, no biggie, usually this means the money is untouched.

However, when I checked my bank account, the amount was reduced and there's a paypal transaction as though I bought the game! I checked my paypal account and it doesn't show up, although it's in the disputes section

Code:
	May 12, 2017	 	Transfer From	Credit Card	Denied	Details P336.43 PHP

I tried to dispute but it says error, that the transaction is still ongoing. What should I do and who should I report to?

"Denied" means either the merchant declined the payment or your bank declined the withdrawal attempt. I presume the former given your account was debited. PayPal will return the money, but this may take up to 30 days.

KainXVIII

Thanks for the reply. How's the performance on PC though? I could save about $15 and grab the season pass on PS4, or I could grab everything on PC if the performance is like night and day.

Running well above recommended specs, just wondering if there are any huge issues.

I picked up DS1 early last year and grabbed an Elite controller because I just couldn't kb&m it.

DS is better to be played with Dualshock, especially if you already have ps4.

Boss Doggie

"Denied" means either the merchant declined the payment or your bank declined the withdrawal attempt. I presume the former given your account was debited. PayPal will return the money, but this may take up to 30 days.
The money still hasn't appeared in my bank or in my paypal account though.

Fuck, I hope they refund it soon because I need that Vanquish. I guess I should use my card account directly to steam rather than going through paypal?

JaseC

The money still hasn't appeared in my bank or in my paypal account though.

Well, it hasn't been 30 days. ;) And knowing PayPal, it'll "coincidentally" take 30 days, too.

Fuck, I hope they refund it soon because I need that Vanquish. I guess I should use my card account directly to steam rather than going through paypal?

Yeah, there's no need to go through PayPal if you'll be paying with your card and only your card.

Boss Doggie

Just in case though I contacted Steam.

...but I doubt they'd respond.

I wonder if I pester Paypal frequently they'd do that.

Durante

There are lots, but I'll only mention a few that really stand out to me, and which are longer time investments since you should try all the highly recommended shorter experiences anyway.

Raw Data is the best game overall on the Vive in my opinion.
Fantastic and varied core gameplay, large amount of content, great asset quality and production values, co-op, and one of the most satisfying difficulty progressions/learning curves in any VR game I've played. I've played it for 16 hours so far.

Serious Sam VR TFE and TSE are massive bundles of content, with large campaigns, online co-op, online multiplayer, and cross platform (VR to non-VR) play.
Also easily the most configurable and customizable VR engine in terms of both performance and input/locomotion options. 7 hours to complete the TFE campaign, 10 hours into the TSE campaign and far from done.

VR The Diner Duo is awesome if you are into local coop at all. It's a deceptively simple game, but the later level are brutal. As 2 "core gamers" who are also pretty good at VR we had to give up at some point
in the secret post-game levels
. Played for 8 hours.

Arizona Sunshine is a bit shorter than the others, but has a from-the-ground-up designed campaign for VR, with varied locations and a continuous story. It also has a separate horde mode which is apparently good but I never played that. I've got 5 hours in that, just the campaign.

Nete

Battletech store page is up. The multiplayer beta is coming out June 1st. Also, the game will be published by Paradox.

New multiplayer gameplay video with pretty good info on the game's mechanics

Trailer

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

JaseC

Jesus Christ at that Doom size

Yeah, it's blown up by almost 30GB since release due to MP content being included in updates. Bethesda should do what Acti now does with CoD (though not Modern Warfare Remastered for some reason) and fork MP-only data off into its own DLC app that people can disable.

derFeef

Yeah, it's blown up by almost 30GB since release due to MP content being included in updates. Bethesda should do what Acti now does with CoD (though not Modern Warfare Remastered for some reason) and fork MP-only data off into its own DLC app that people can disable.

Everyone should do that. I mean holy shit at the 90GB of Gears of War 4.

GRaider81

Anyone happen to have a key for expeditions conquistador?

Searched the Buy and sell thread but can't find any, I believe it has been in bundles a few times

prudislav

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/496460/Life_is_Feudal_Forest_Village/
Indie developer Mindillusion has announced their freshman project Life is Feudal: Forest Village published by Bitbox (creators of survival game Life is Feudal: Your Own) will be releasing from Early Access on May 26th. The medieval city-building game aims to provide a realistic survival experience.

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366910/The_Long_Journey_Home/
The Long Journey Home, which will see players uncover the mysteries of the universe, will launch on Steam on May 30th for the price of $39.99.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
LostWinds 1+2 is 3,74€ @Humble Store

Never heard of it but it looks like a nice platformer and the user reviews are quite good.

Just bought a Steam controller. It'll be here in two weeks. Amazon seems confident that the import process will be smooth, hopefully it is. A pity they don't ship the Xbone controller to SA as well, because it's crazy cheap compared to the local price.

All e-retailers over here charge you before they ship, they literally won't order the item until you've paid them. Which can lead to things like you waiting two weeks because they can't source an item. But I see that Amazon waits and charges you either a day or two before they're ready to ship. For some reason I found this interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom