• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
The trailer earned my whistlist. The game looks beautiful.

I still couldn't grasp the actual gameplay though. Is it only steering the ship and shooting around?

RPS did a preview

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/05/11/the-long-journey-home-preview/

RPS said:
"It's tempting to describe the game by breaking down the list of ingredients that appear to have gone into its preparation. There's a dollop of FTL, a pinch of Captain Blood, a healthy dose of Star Control and a little bit of Space Rangers 2. Season with the essence of Thrust and Lander, and there you have it.

Except, no. That's not really it at all."

Deques

Why? What's wrong with Xbone controller?

There is nothing wrong with Xbone controller. The second revision removed the bumper problem.

The D-pad is a bit annoying because of the clicking sound it makes

The third revision of the controller has Bluetooth support.

This should have been out ages ago, lol. I would have loved the original vision as a boss rush game.

I hope the levels were worth it.

I really hope those platforming levels turn out to be better than what I saw because oh boy, every dummy will complain about it the same way they complained that the game was a boss-rush only game.

Card Boy

Banned
Bundlestars have these for sale for the next couple of hours for $12 which is really good. Good discount of Lego Force Awakens alone.

LEGO® STAR WARS™: The Force Awakens
LEGO® MARVEL's Avengers
LEGO® Jurassic World

Kassu

Banned
Well that completely blows. Something to do with Poets of the Fall? Hoping it comes back to the store in the future. Remedy needs all the money they can get.
I doubt it's Poets of the Fall, they seem to be friends with guys at Remedy and Late Goodbye is still in Max Payne 2.

I doubt it's Poets of the Fall, they seem to be friends with guys at Remedy and Late Goodbye is still in Max Payne 2.

I think you're right on that. I guess I was a bit too hasty to ask if it was them.

There is also other licensed music in the game like David Bowie. Maybe that could be it.

I hope they don't remove Poets of the Fall and such licensed music from the game if we already own it?

Only reason they'd go to the effort of removing music would be to keep the game up for sale. Since they're removing the game there doesn't seem to be much point.

For any Hitman fans who haven't seen this in the other thread yet...

According to an unnamed source the german Gamestar reports that the IP rights for Hitman will stay with IO Interactive and not with the publisher Square-Enix.
They also report that season 2 is half way through development.
Currently they look for new investors.

https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestar.de%2Fspiele%2Fhitman%2Fnews%2Fhitman_ist_gerettet%2C48985%2C3313967.html&edit-text=

People are streaming The Surge on Twitch.

The combat doesn't look as bad as some of those teaser videos made it out to be. I have yet to see one of those jumps over low hits, though.

The atmosphere looks really good when it's filled with shadows. The decrepit station vibe is fantastic. I saw some exterior play and that wasn't as successful since the character's model looks really floaty, no weight to movement and running.

There's a timer to retrieve your "tech" (souls) from your dying location. It's like 2 and a half minutes, which seems like an interesting but frustrating mechanic.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Only reason they'd go to the effort of removing music would be to keep the game up for sale. Since they're removing the game there doesn't seem to be much point.

For any Hitman fans who haven't seen this in the other thread yet...

That's good news.

I hate that game so much. Makes me realise just how many bad decisions I've made in my life. I could've been a damn Surgeon General!

But seriously, it's a fun game to pass time in.

Currently playing a werewolf film director.

Man I'm playing Sims 3 again

And there is NOTHING wrong with that.

Bundlestars have these for sale for the next couple of hours for $12 which is really good. Good discount of Lego Force Awakens alone.

LEGO® STAR WARS™: The Force Awakens
LEGO® MARVEL's Avengers
LEGO® Jurassic World

I'm not sure. its a great deal if you have none of them but $12 for just one. Even the Star Wars one has gotten close to that price before.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Guess I should buy the "Alan Wake Collector's Edition Extras" now. What about the free bonuses DLC, will I need to register it to my game, or will I need to install the game and download those bonuses in order to own them?

The former. If you own the game, you register it to your account (and the Latin America language pack if you so desire), and you're done.

I wonder if we'll ever get a Sims 5. Sims 4 did a lot of stuff well but the lack of the open world really was a deal breaker for me. You have to imagine the game sold millions of copies anyway but I still don't know if EA would be willing to greenlight a new one (which would hopefully fix the problems in 4). They definitely didn't have enough interest to let another Simcity happen.

My (kinda baitey) Indie thread is still going strong it seems. Besides 2d plattformers apparently a lot of Indie-Games now are also Souls like games.

Corpekata

Banned
Every "souls" like indie game thread gets at least 2 or 3 of the same tools that go "I'm not buying it because they used X term to describe their game" and ready to circle jerk about it like they aren't the 1000th time that train of thought has been posted.

Pachimari

The former. If you own the game, you register it to your account (and the Latin America language pack if you so desire), and you're done.
I don't see a Latin American language pack? Is that out in Europe? I only see the Extra Materials and Bonuses DLC.

You need to understand, triple AAA games are a lot deeper and more complex than those shallow indies

That also seems to be a case for some.

"I enjoy Singleplayer story driven games."
"But there are a lot of them from Indies. Look at Firewatch, Inside, Edith Finch, CSH, To the Moon, Rakuen etc."
"But all I see are 2d Retro plattformers."

To be fair it didnt really help some Indies, that after the PS4 you only got more "questionable" indietitles as a PS+ member...

Ascheroth

You need to understand, triple AAA games are a lot deeper and more complex than those shallow indies
Yeah, I mean why would I want to play through those drölfhundred 1-hour long 4-bit 2D sidescrollers that are copying 30-year old games.
What kind of game is Alan Wake

Alan Wake is a great game that's what it is. Kinda action/horror/thrillerish. Very atmospheric and cool story. Great music too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom