• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, after playing a match in Evolve, I really regret being late on that Indonesian price mistake
6LgjqJR.png

Strazyplus

Man, after playing a match in Evolve, I really regret being late on that Indonesian price mistake
6LgjqJR.png

I want evolve so much I really love playing as the monster and I got lucky last night, as I joined a a party though matchmaking... therefore for 5 matches in a row I was the monster, after the 5th match it was 1pm I had to get sleep ha ha.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Welp, I've been discounted buying games at a leisurely pace, but when I was about to buy The Novelist, this popped up:

Actually, it said my credit card was declined by my company at first, but it was like this with every payment method for the past ten minutes both in client and the browser. Stupid bugs.

That's intentional. It helps to mitigate fraudulent purchases, but I'd also say that, to a lesser extent, it's in place so some users don't inadvertently trigger a hold on their card due to multiple smaller purchases in what certain banks may consider quick succession.

Sendou

Going to give Dragon Age: Origins a go. Should I install a mod that skips The Fade? Is it really as bad as people claim? Any other essential mods?

i tried to play evolve but i cant get a decent framerate with my pc , oh well i have a couple of months to buy new parts i guess

Hmm, Titanfall, Destiny, now Evolve (though not the full release). Not making good first impressions I see. Wonder if Valve can pull it off with L4D3 (if they're shaking the formula up a bit, that is).

Tenrius

That's intentional. It helps to mitigate fraudulent purchases, but I'd also say that, to a lesser extent, it's in place so some users don't inadvertently trigger a hold on their card due to multiple smaller purchases in what certain banks may consider quick succession.

Makes sense, then. I've only bought four games, though, with five minute intervals. Should that really be considered irregular behaviour?

Oh, and remember Leviathan: The Last Day of the Decade? Looks like it's finally coming out on Steam, and even "soon" at that:

1acb6cadcb.png

It's been more than a year since I originally got this game from the Not On Steam bundle. Can't believe it's finally going to be on Steam. Hopefully The Sea Will Claim Everything (another notable game from that bundle is getting there as well).

JaseC

I Steamgift down? I can't log-in.

The login link is broken:

It's most definitely not a problem at Valve's end as I can sign into SteamDB just fine.

Edit: Speaking of which, SteamDB's logout confirmation page really needs a better title than "Error". ;)

Makes sense, then. I've only bought four games, though, with five minute intervals. Should that really be considered irregular behaviour?

That does seem a tad overbearing.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Evolve Alpha -- MB-428982BFF55015F2 - Taken by someguyinahat
Evolve Alpha #2 -- MB-829510523A38F0AE
Evolve Alpha #3 -- MB-DAB3D397E12FD516
Evolve Alpha #4 -- MB-41D6F70B939C19C5 - Taken by Kirosia

Asskicker

In case anyone doesn't have the alpha by now:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asskicker, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Evolve Alpha #2 -- MB-B1ACCE5C06D7B7AA
Evolve Alpha #1 -- MB-7E60C71436F721BD

derExperte

I thought I'd never get anywhere in Heavy Bullets. Then I realized you can destroy turrets by shooting at the bright boxes behind them. One of those 'I'm not as intelligent as my parents hoped'-moments. Cool game.

Oh god, can I stowaway on an enemy player spaceship and fill it with explosives and detonate it when he leaves the dock!? That would be awesome!
Closest thing to that that's been described is this:
Q: Can you provide an example of the kind of gameplay experience you're looking for? Maybe a description of what an encounter between two players might be like in terms of lethality, weapons used, moves used, length of play, etc?
A: there are so many. lets just pull one randomly from the sky.
A Persistent Universe experience. I'm a stealthy, solo player. I find a wrecked ship, i know scavengers will be around soon. I find a crate and put myself in it. I let the scavengers take the crate and put me in their ship. When i'm on their ship, some time later, i get out of the crate. Very quietly, i rummage around and find some goodies i like. I steal those... now i can either - A) Jump out the airlock and call a ride or B) go to their engine room and self destruct their ship or C) quietly hunt and execute the entire staff and take their ship.... or Z) they could have scanned the crate properly before loading it, blasted it with their ship and me with it....
How well the final product can provide such an experience remains to be seen.

L.O.R.D

man , the bumber button ( RB and LB ) for the X1 controller feel really wrong
the handle for the X1 controller is better the 360

Sini

Explore queue now seems to throw you to the store homepage when it hits unavailable game. Valve is so "creative" with their fixes...

Edit: Now I'm stuck in infinite loop. I click on "start another queue", it sends me to the homepage. I click on that button again and it happens again. Lame

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Evolve Alpha -- MB-4859D516DCE1BC90

Yakkue

Just played through The Room - fantastic little game!
Very well constructed puzzles that are just fun to solve. Loved the atmosphere.
I hope the second one will come to Steam in the future as well.

Vastag

Yeah, you can't walk freely. You click, your character move a bit, then stops. You click again, and she walks another chunk of road before stopping.
And they sell this stuff for 7€.

Holy shit. From the screenshots it looked midly interesting, but I can't seem myself playing it.

agniswarm

Banned
Everywhere people are giving out Evolve keys. They should have just provided everyone the alpha rather than all these. It looks like everybody is getting a lot of keys.

Don't undercut me ass!

Hell no man. I market at the lowest price. Woke up to $15 in my wallet. Can't believe people spend money for this shit.

Going to give Dragon Age: Origins a go. Should I install a mod that skips The Fade? Is it really as bad as people claim? Any other essential mods?

I find it pretty bad, but I think it's something you need to experience the first time around and judge for yourself on future playthroughs. For your first run, you shouldn't need any gameplay mods.

Personally, I like the respec mod to respec all characters whenever I want (used for when NPC's join the party).

[Origin warning] Titanfall $10 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DTWEOZ8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The recent addition of the coop horde mode might be a good incentive to jump in now before the player population dwindles further.

Keep you Origin swill out of this thread.

;)

Closest thing to that that's been described is this:
How well the final product can provide such an experience remains to be seen.

I wish this sale wasn't just a list. The tiles showcased the games better.

...holy shit. That's awesome.

JaseC

Everywhere people are giving out Evolve keys. They should have just provided everyone the alpha rather than all these. It looks like everybody is getting a lot of keys.

Granting alpha access to everybody who owns Enemy Unknown is more or less just that. ;)

Spiegel

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spiegel, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Terraria -- MB-1F9299C65EBB5C04 - Taken by The Reloader. 1 entrants total.

t1414858214z1.png

Lain

I don't feel like modbotting these 4 Evolve Big Alpha codes I just saw in my mailbox.
Quote to see.

I was too busy with work but I'm basically finishing my Project Nimbus recommendation. However, I think I'm well past the deadline, right? Sorry about that. May post it later on if the thread doesn't move too fast.

Are there daily deals as part of the Halloween sale? New Vegas says it's part of the Halloween sale, but it's also got a counter on it's store page with 28 hours left on it.

MayMay

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Evolve Alpha #12 -- MB-2A457894614E3D9B - Taken by Madrugador
Evolve Alpha #11 -- MB-D4F5B4E75AC63AF6
Evolve Alpha #10 -- MB-CF70CF3D5A0F001D
Evolve Alpha #9 -- MB-E49B114CA39BD53E
Evolve Alpha #8 -- MB-C2A593EE908B3D4B
Evolve Alpha #7 -- MB-32DEA6EC3BE3EA1D
Evolve Alpha #6 -- MB-3C7ABC6825F4ED59
Evolve Alpha #5 -- MB-B7FF7D6E98D2D1EA
Evolve Alpha #4 -- MB-0E19E64F6ED65527 - Taken by Mengy
Evolve Alpha #3 -- MB-1E6045C406E4E8D4
Evolve Alpha #2 -- MB-DDCE0DABB563C983
Evolve Alpha #1 -- MB-D1A2D6C6D571C57D

Had 12 keys in my email this morning, so for everyone that doesnt have one yet - enjoy. They should all work

Edit: Now that I think of it, I shouldnt have put in the No Lurkers rule.. Just a habit. Oh well too late now.

louiedog

Have they done something with reviews, a lot of games I'm looking at don't seem to have any.

Earlier in the week a lot of people couldn't post any new reviews and it took a couple of days to fix. Maybe that was a temporary solution and the review servers/system is down for maintenance or replacement or something today. I'm also unable to see any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom