• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in the week a lot of people couldn't post any new reviews and it took a couple of days to fix. Maybe that was a temporary solution and the review servers/system is down for maintenance or replacement or something today. I'm also unable to see any.

Ah ok.

I was hoping maybe they were adding a real weighting system to them. Tired of seeing 'Positive' Steam Rating for games where the vast majority of people have upvoted the negative reviews, but there's maybe 2 more positives reviews (which have all been downvoted as helpful).

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So where is everyone getting these Evolve keys from? Seems like an awful lot of them floating around, and for me the game is $59.99 on the store front? o_O

P.S. Thanks Ezio! :)

nja

Neo Member
More evolve alpha keys, got them in my email
ModBot said:
Instructions for nja:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Evolve Alpha 8 -- MB-B283602F117F5198
Evolve Alpha 5 -- MB-ADCBED7AF851E34E - Taken by JBourne
Evolve Alpha 4 -- MB-5B311E452DB3927B - Taken by Kaper
Evolve Alpha 7 -- MB-661A77E5ABEE4845
Evolve Alpha 6 -- MB-C4F3BAD1BEE14F71 - Taken by Kaper
Evolve Alpha 3 -- MB-7FACA8F3AB2E700D - Taken by crazyrabbits
Evolve Alpha 2 -- MB-DB2186E9EDC771F2
Evolve Alpha -- MB-17F29B7AF3727410 - Taken by RyanPierre

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Most of them are alpha invites.

Yeah, just seems like they are handing them out like Halloween candy. I'd never even heard of the game until yesterday when every other post was about keys for it. I guess now I've heard of it, so their ploy worked wonders! lol

Tecl0n

Yeah, just seems like they are handing them out like Halloween candy. I'd never even heard of the game until yesterday when every other post was about keys for it. I guess now I've heard of it, so their ploy worked wonders! lol

Conisering you get access to the alpha just by having XCOM:EU, which most of steamgaf does, all the codes are surpluses.

rtcn63

Wait, if we own the full game, do we already have access to the alpha? I'm trying to redeem the alpha key, and it says I own it.

rtcn63

I agree but if I had to pick one for that episode, that's children. or god-awful writing.

The
anna in the bush
thing was a total farce, even for that episode. Would've given it a pass otherwise because it was kinda entertaining.

Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) - BinaryPork2737
Never Alone, or Kisima Ingitchuna, is a puzzle platformer based on the folklore of the Iñupiaq people. The game revolves around a
girl named Nuna and a fox, two characters that you can either switch back and forth to or play with someone else in the local co-op
mode to solve different puzzles, and their journey to put an end to a blizzard that threatens the survival of the Iñupiaq. The
environments featured in the game range from the tundra to forests, and will pose natural threats to both characters.Heavily inspired
by Iñupiaq folklore, the game has been designed to pass on their culture to future generations (thanks to working directly with Iñupiaq
elders and storytellers), featuring numerous characters from the society's folklore as well as optional vignettes unlocked during the
course of the game that you can view to learn more. Even the game's art style is influenced by culture as it's drawn from Iñupiaq art,
providing a unique aesthetic quality to the game. Basically, if you want to learn about a cool culture and like playing video games, get it.

Huh, neat. I'll wishlist this in case it plays well.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
For a second there, I thought Never Alone was that terrible horror games, I'm Not Alone, that was taken off of Steam a few years ago.

That game was truly terrible, I need to tell you guys about it sometime.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For a second there, I thought Never Alone was that terrible horror games, I'm Not Alone, that was taken off of Steam a few years ago.

That game was truly terrible, I need to tell you guys about it sometime.

Somebody tell BitComposer to bring it back. :(

It breaks when you give multiple appids, which is needed to save requests.
Without it you need one request per app for each country. That adds up to a lot.

http://store.steampowered.com/api/appdetails?appids=273350,440

Ah, right.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I snagged one of those garbage dump keys for a friend of mine. I don't like playing MP with randoms, so whether or not I play the alpha is totally dependent on my friends playing it as well.

Anteater

well 1 more item left to sell for alien

vpyAkTM.png

fantomena

4 Evolve Alpha codes for the weird people who have yet to own XCOM: EU.

62T6T-BEVDI-3LANQ
62TJT-YMRKK-ARJAG
62TLP-5J8FT-MA3I8
62TQ9-E2M02-I8K9L

rtcn63

Are you guys trying to run TEW at 60fps? Because that's very difficult, something about unoptimized CPU usage or fairy demons. 30fps should be okay though.

Does the full version run better?

I've no idea! I know that the consoles had to get a patch a few days after launch to get it to be playable, but I'm uncertain if the PC version had the same luck and if this Demo version is the original gimped release!?

I guess the demo made my mind, wait for a good price in half a year. I probably will have a better card by then!

madjoki

Why does the The Evil Within Demo run like ass? What a fucking let down!

Yeah, 15-30fps for me too. (HD6870). Wasn't expecting that since Wolfenstein ran well on medium.

I've no idea! I know that the consoles had to get a patch a few days after launch to get it to be playable, but I'm uncertain if the PC version had the same luck and if this Demo version is the original gimped release!?

Looks like it's latest version, it has option to disable letterbox for 16:9 view. (but not 16:10).

Miguel81

Those frame fluctuations in TEW demo have put me off the game. No point in having a negative experience(read:nausea). Like some others, I'll wait 'til I have better hardware.

Are you guys trying to run TEW at 60fps? Because that's very difficult, something about unoptimized CPU usage or fairy demons. 30fps should be okay though.

Even at 30 locked it dips too often. I have AMD hardware, so the poor performance is not surprising paired with this engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom