• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

So I have learned.

If your quick you win as hunters..if your slow you lose. (most of the time, this with people even chatting over mic)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Any thoughts on Robocraft? Creating robotic vehicles looks right up my alley, but I dunno how janky or limited it is.

Chariot

jbsGPOwpTfTTKQ.png

Varg

Banned
I like what I played so far with the evolve alpha. Was in an awesome game with everyone communicating but then the game decided to restart itself randomly :(

Performance wise the game runs silky smooth. You guys should try it when you get a chance. I've had no problems tonight other then the random restart.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Does Top Gun: Hard lock on Gamersgate give a steam key?

(I may or may not be drunk and buying delisted games)

Can't wait for Thanksgiving! Deep fried turkey strips in honey mustard while battling on the Gallian front.

Sounds like a great plan!

Sarcasm

Please take them..why do they keep sending me more and more

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sarcasm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Evolve PC Alpha #3 -- MB-03B77A0A3C19D0A2 - Taken by hohoXD123
Evolve PC Alpha #2 -- MB-7C3DE9E5B12DACCD
Evolve PC Alpha -- MB-C28550284F209DCD
Evolve PC Alpha #4 -- MB-27030B28A43124AB

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does Top Gun: Hard lock on Gamersgate give a steam key?

(I may or may not be drunk and buying delisted games)

Top Gun and Top Gun: Hard Lock are two different games. The weird thing is that both Star Trek: DAC and Top Gun were published by Paramount's own digital publishing arm and yet they were yanked, so apparently Paramount licensed the IPs from... itself. Retail copies of Top Gun are supposed to register on Steam, but there was a manufacturing error and it seems none of them actually come with keys despite the Steam branding on the packaging.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Top Gun and Top Gun: Hard Lock are two different games. The weird thing is that both Star Trek: DAC and Top Gun were published by Paramount's own digital publishing arm and yet they were yanked, so apparently Paramount licensed the IPs from... itself. Retail copies of Top Gun are supposed to register on Steam, but there was a manufacturing error and it seems none of them actually come with keys despite the Steam branding on the packaging.

So there is no way of adding top gun?

JaseC

So there is no way of adding top gun?

You can try buying a physical copy and then hitting up Valve if there's no key. Jshacks did just that and was unsuccessful, but I'm not sure if he asked for a replacement key or to have the game added to his account manually. During my back-and-forth with Valve regarding how to best go about having ARMA 2 (NA) added to my account, I learnt that gift replacements have to be pushed through Steam's backend as a purchase (which means they cost Valve money), so if Jshacks requested a manual addition then that may have been why he got knocked back*; ergo, there's the possibility that you may have better luck asking for a replacement key since Valve doesn't charge a cent for them and so presumably there are no backend technicalities preventing a support staffer from generating them as required.

* The theory at the time was that perhaps Valve can't legally provide replacement copies of games that were pulled due to legal issues, which is also a distinct possibility. If I had the money to spare I'd try my own luck.

Porcupine

Have fun!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Porcupine:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Porcupine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Evolve Alpha #4 -- MB-D0A85C8065F4C041 - Taken by nature boy
Evolve Alpha #3 -- MB-883315A71F232FC0 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Evolve Alpha #2 -- MB-E42A973C63248939
Evolve Alpha -- MB-4A52986A46E3338C

Copons

I was kidding though.

On a totally unrelated note, yesterday I finished MGR:RRRRRR, RR & R.
Despite my mad skills, that if Platinum employees had watched me playing, they would have committed suicide right away screaming NO PLEASE NO, DONT PRESS CONTINUE, OH GOD WHY THIS GAME NEVER CTD???, I really enjoyed it.

Leaving aside that one time I managed to perform a parry, which made me feel like a
big
boss, I got through the whole game with a huge and silly smile on my face, for all the brilliant cutscenes involving Raiden doing stuff like
cutting a MG in a half, vertical running on a skyscraper side, jumping from rocket to rocket in order to get to cut a chopper, using a blade as big as a skyscraper to slap an US congressmember in his face

It was an extremely fun ride, and I can't even dare to imagine how cool it could be if played by someone with some actual gaming skills.

tmarg

With all this talk about Platinum, I need to try that game. Definitely will pick it up next time it drops back down to $7.50.

zkylon

zkylewd
beating sam took so many tries

and i did try my best to parry him lol

i was so mistaken in playing that game in hard difficulty

what was i thinking

also yea saoirse is def pretty puffy

dex3108

Si i just found out that this year you only get two gifts for playing TF2 Scream Fortress and that is just sad and really bad move from Valve. If you want more you need to buy crates. GG Valve :(

Ronik

Si i just found out that this year you only get two gifts for playing TF2 Scream Fortress and that is just sad and really bad move from Valve. If you want more you need to buy crates. GG Valve :(
You can still get gift drops on old Halloween maps, though. I made like whooping 2€ selling those.

dex3108

You can still get gift drops on old Halloween maps, though. I made like whooping 2€ selling those.

I know that but still 2 gifts for entire event is cheap move from Valve. Halloween Event was awesome because you could find gifts even if you get garbage inside.

abracadaver

I haven't played team fortress 2 since the orange box came out and there were no keys, crates or hats back then. I have alien isolation as well. What do I need to do to get those items that I can sell? Just play a match?

JaseC

I haven't played team fortress 2 since the orange box came out and there were no keys, crates or hats back then. I have alien isolation as well. What do I need to do to get those items that I can sell? Just play a match?

If you own The Orange Box then you already have a premium account. Just load up the game (either directly or via SAM/the app id trick) to unlock the items and you'll be able to sell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom