• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

I watched the anime and played the second part. So it's very interesting to see the differences in story, presentation and gameplay. The game looks so damn good, after playing hours and hours of Valkyria Chronicles 2 the short tutorial gameplay alone made me almost orgasm.

Sadly I have to go in an hour and can't allow me to get lost in the game ;___;
Fuuuck.

xBladeM6x

Holy shit, Durante's article wasn't joking about saving in Valkyria Chronicles. I hit save and thought it didn't do anything. Had to do it twice to make sure. Lol

Xanathus

Great... the new patch for COD:AW has removed the voices from the cinematics completely. That's one way to fix the voice sync issue...

Warning: stupid rant incoming.

You know, probably thinking this because I'm getting a game on release day for the first time in a long time. But in a time where platform holders and publishers want the users to go all digital with their purchases, there should be no need for different release dates in different regions. Digital purchases shouldn't be bound to the release date of the retail copy, just to appease the brick and mortar stores.

Users in one region are already downloading or playing a finished game, while people somewhere else have to wait few more days, because...? I really don't know why. Perhaps games always release on Thursdays?

Of course, the ideal situation would be that games would come out on the same day everywhere, retail and digital. But if the release date has to be pushed back in one region by few days for whatever reason (I'm really not familiar with it), then don't hold the digital release back.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Great... the new patch for COD:AW has removed the voices from the cinematics completely. That's one way to fix the voice sync issue...

I await the official response: "It's a feature, not a bug. We've removed audio from the cutscenes while we investigate the issue further."

You know, probably thinking this because I'm getting a game on release day for the first time in a long time. But in a time where platform holders and publishers want the users to go all digital with their purchases, there should be no need for different release dates in different regions. Digital purchases shouldn't be bound to the release date of the retail copy, just to appease the brick and mortar stores.

Users in one region are already downloading or playing a finished game, while people somewhere else have to wait few more days, because...? I really don't know why. Perhaps games always release on Thursdays?

Of course, the ideal situation would be that games would come out on the same day everywhere, retail and digital. But if the release date has to be pushed back in one region by few days for whatever reason (I'm really not familiar with it), then don't hold the digital release back.

Yeah, I agree with all of this and even when I think of a reason why they maintain the release dates I still can't really think of anything worthwhile.

Arthea

it just dawned on me, that my 1.8Kth game became Start Trek, how appropriate (><)

Is there an easy to navigate list of all RPG Maker Games available on Steam that someone can link, please?

I think I have most of them... in my library in appropriate category (><)
on more serious note, search by tag, there is a tag "RPG maker'

oh you asked for a link, here it is
http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/RPGMaker/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

Did you post your thoughts?

I haven't played it yet, and now I'll be playing VC, so not sure when Star Trek gets its time.

edited: btw, if you haven't played Skyborn yet, it's a nice RPG maker game.

xBladeM6x

A few issues, seem VC's trading cards and achievements aren't live yet. Also, it seems there's an audio issue where the SFX are wayyyyyyy too low, even at max. Here's to hoping there's a patch or something when it was suppose to release.

milena87

I understand that releasing the digital game on the same day for everyone would be kinda unfair to the retailers around the world, if we keep the different retail release dates.

I think I've read an article some time ago on how it would be almost impossible to change the retail releases for the USA, but I don't see why we can't change the release date for everyone else. Some videogames already release worldwide and I don't see why we can't have that for every game.

I just hope I can VPN my way into DAI early, but I wish this wasn't necessary é_é

WBgL6jH.png

This is easily the scariest thing to see just woken up, and I've never even played SS2.

Cyborg Waifu Material <3 <3 <3 <3

Arthea

I got it too, I hope it's decent.

I wish the old Star Trek graphic adventures were released somewhere, Star Trek 25th anniversary was so good...

There are so many Star Trek games, I always get lost in those. We haven't any of them on steam or on gog, have we? I mean old ones.

But not officially available in Germany and since EA has discontinued their own footy manager it would sell millions, nay, billions more.

wait what? Why it isn't available in Germany? It makes no sense

Do I need to be on a VPN to start an Indian Origin download? Unity says it unlocks at 2AM but it's nearly 5 AM and I still don't see an install button :/
Edit: It says unreleased even though it's clearly past that time.

Arthea

just bought Witcher Adventure game. ya, beta testers get 40% discount, and I still have that extra code, not sure is it still valid, but maybe it is.
Getting back to the point, anybody wants that beta code?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm sure everyone has this by now, but just in case:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to send thank you messages. Just enjoy the game.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Metro 2033 -- MB-BA027F5650F7EECA - Taken by Vlad

Hmmm... for someone who owns asscreed unity keep crouching and un crouching non stop and watch that framerate go crazy, thats what my friend told me but I cant believe the framerate would drop from something the likw that :/

Deques

Found the answer to the different pricing of the Witcher Adventure game

Time to research all the good-luck spells and enchantments that work on virtual dice, as you prepare to launch your first campaign in The Witcher Adventure Game, for only $8.99 (or $5.99 if you were among the beta-testers!),

weird, it's 4.79&#8364; for me. What's going on? (><)

edited: does it mean beta is over? I haven't given away my extra code, just now remembered, aww

Seems to be over, I forgot to redeem the beta code so I don't get any further discount. Wanna help me? :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
too true, so why exactly there are 3 of those? Is AssCreed part of triad now? (><)

As oipic said earlier, the game is listed four times in the AU store Top 10. I'm not sure why -- it's definitely not a case of the post-release standard and Gold subs charging ahead of the pre-order standard and gold subs as the game doesn't unlock here for another 25.5 hours.

Copons

But not officially available in Germany and since EA has discontinued their own footy manager it would sell millions, nay, billions more.

What? Seriously?
Is this some GEMA-like rights bullshit or simply Sports Interactive forgot that'd find even more football interested EU countries if they kept going southeast?

kulapik

just bought Witcher Adventure game. ya, beta testers get 40% discount, and I still have that extra code, not sure is it still valid, but maybe it is.
Getting back to the point, anybody wants that beta code?

Nope, not valid, I tried with mine that I never used and it said they expired.

Weird, checked my order history and Unity is listed as processing despite being in my library. Would explain why it's not unlocked I guess.....wonder why it didn't just charge for the game.

Coreda

Is it just me or is there a glitch where the Steam inventory displays the incorrect value, sometimes correct while other times inflated?

Anyone had issues with origin getting stuck on processing for pre-orders? Game is out and others are playing it. Is it an issue with the Indian origin?

Edit: To clarify I used Hola to access the indian store where I added the game to my card, went to the cart, shut down Hola, and then put in my credit card information.

Ozium

kind of want to buy star trek as I like shitty jank and maybe I could find someone to co op with but... I just dunno

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/alien-isolation-dlc-pass-announced-includes-5-surv/1100-6422374/

By reading this, I can suspect all DLCs for Isolation are survival maps. Good, I can remove the season pass from my wishlist.

this was known since before release as the devs pretty much said as much, also the day the season pass went on the steam store the description clearly says it contains nothing but challenge mode maps...

learn2steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom