• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Metal Slug 3 Got Cards.

Also, FM15 is on way more platforms than VC.

but the discussion was about steam revenue, the other platforms dont matter for what we were discussing :)

OT from Steam, but Inquisition reviews seem to be great, confirming the footage and twitter rumblings we have been hearing lately. Also the consensus seems to be that its really fucking long, most sites say 80+ hours >_>

Good times ahead with Valk, Unity (AssCreed games arent known for being short) and then this. Bad times for social lives

Shadownet

Banned
I know right?

Im sam fisher, why is the game giving me a choice between putting this terrorist to sleep or shanking his ass?

I carry shanks for a reason!
I read that as "shaking his ass"

So the choices are between putting him to sleep or shaking his ass? Sam Fisher have turned into a nice guy.

I really can't wait for this game. I'm ready to read (and watch) the reviews é_é
You and me. Sitting in a tree.
gonna play multiplayer together!

Edit: hot damn I just clicked on the DA:I reviews thread. :D sooooo happy!!

Copons

WBgL6jH.png

This is easily the scariest thing to see just woken up, and I've never even played SS2.

Shadownet

Banned
Lol, shadownet, you re-bought Unity :D
How much did you pay for it? Actually Unity grabbed my interest, it didn't happen since AC2.
I had 4 keys in my inventory. Spent $47 buying 25 more keys. Since the game was 29 TF2 keys. So I spent roughly $55. Saved $5. But you can get it for $52 if you want a Steam copy. Or if you don't mind Uplay, GMG have it for $48. India Origin for $44 iirc.

This is easily the scariest thing to see just woken up, and I've never even played SS2.
Copons is rolling in
cyborg
bitches

Shadownet

Banned
Ouch, I thought something like 20€ at max, but I guess Unity is region locked. Well, this is Assassin's Greed, after all :D
Yeah but I got Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition for $47.

Fourty Frickin Seven USD! That's a steal for a brand spanking new game.

Edit: I'm quite glad Witcher 3 got delayed now. So I can play DA:I and take my time with it.

Copons

Not a fan of your waifus.

I hate when that happens, I've had a few games give me 3 or 4 copies of the same card. >.<

I'll just say that when I idled Indie Game The Movie, I dropped ONLY the Swimming Phil Fish card.

120x140

So, my inventory was kinda like this:

SGpnwUl.jpg

But in my mind it was more like this:

YueiBUW.jpg

dex3108

"Unlock the full experience!" Yeah that's what I want to hear when I just spent 140 euros on the collectors edition...

If you read that thread you will see that i mentioned that Title is misleading. Everything you unlock with Premium is related to Companion App not Main Game.

Also ACU OT is bad, everyone is saying same things over and over again about technical difficulties. I can't find single post about gameplay, story and game itself.

milena87

You and me. Sitting in a tree.
gonna play multiplayer together!

Edit: hot damn I just clicked on the DA:I reviews thread. :D sooooo happy!!

Eheh :p

Here is a review of the MP (the person playing is kinda terrible). They say it's worse than ME3, but judging by the video it seems more interesting to me. I love playing support classes in RPGs and MMOs (but even normal FPSs) and it seems that a good one can really make a difference here :)

Benedict

but the discussion was about steam revenue, the other platforms dont matter for what we were discussing :)

But his tweet is of course of the total sales, not Steam only. Making the comparison, a bit weird, if people are questioning the sales of FM15 contra VC on Steam in response to his tweet

Arthea

Metal Slug 3 Got Cards.
Also, FM15 is on way more platforms than VC.

Why devs insist adding cards to games I play after I play them?!
Just kidding, happy for MS3 cards, I need that badge, hopefully it's cool.

edited; any reliable and fast method to trade cards, btw? What steamgaf is using?

Deques

Why devs insist adding cards to games I play after I play them?!
Just kidding, happy for MS3 cards, I need that badge, hopefully it's cool.

edited; any reliable and fast method to trade cards, btw? What steamgaf is using?

There are bots that you can trade cards with, but their fees are insane

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My 'net connection keeps dropping out and resyncing at awful speeds. If this keeps up, by the time Unity downloads Rogue will have released.

Monooboe

If you read that thread you will see that i mentioned that Title is misleading. Everything you unlock with Premium is related to Companion App not Main Game.

Also ACU OT is bad, everyone is saying same things over and over again about technical difficulties. I can't find single post about gameplay, story and game itself.

Aaaah my bad.^^, I try not to read anything about the game, so I stay away from the OT because I want that experience of seeing and playing the game with fresh eyes.

zkylon

zkylewd
You keep odd hours.

i do

i have trouble sleeping when i'm nervous and i'm nervous often heh

right now i just want this game to unpack faster

cmon valkyria, don't do this to me

My 'net connection keeps dropping out and resyncing at awful speeds. If this keeps up, by the time Unity downloads Rogue will have released.
for your own heatlh, pls saoirse, don't play them both back to back

i'm worried about you

Anteater

steam charts by revenue so yes, at least right now, doesnt mean overall. FM has been out longer, VC comes out today, recent releases always shoot to the top (well, popular ones, which VC is thankfully)

The top selling list is revenue-based, so yeah :p

At this particular moment, Valkyria is generating more revenue than Football Manager. It also managed to pass Binding of Isaac as well, but Five Night at Freddy's 2 just entered the top 5.

that's good to hear

shit is unpacking as we speak!

edit: Done!

dex3108

Aaaah my bad.^^, I try not to read anything about the game, so I stay away from the OT because I want that experience of seeing and playing the game with fresh eyes.

You can read OT because you will only see posts about framerate and popin issues. It is really boring to read same things page after page.

xBladeM6x

AC:U looks really pretty. Especially on the character models. Even though my 980 can stay above 40 FPS even in super dense crowds, I'm going to lock at 30 since I'm fine with that (blasphemy, I know) and I really hate fluctuating framerates. So far, the game looks really promising. Also, VC unpack surprised me, and I wanted to sleep. I don't know if I should be sad or happy. Lol

Momentary

Banned
VC looks and plays great. Only thing kind of irking me is that I want to use the mouse to navigate menus outside of combat. It's okay though. During gameplay mouse controls are used.

Arthea

There are bots that you can trade cards with, but their fees are insane

fees? lol wut? Why would I pay bots? If I have to pay, I will choose devs all the time.
Trading would be so much faster than selling and buying, though...

VC looks and plays great. Only thing kind of irking me is that I want to use the mouse to navigate menus outside of combat. It's okay though. During gameplay mouse controls are used.

I won't like this, for sure, I need good mouse implementation as it is what I do by default all the time, try to use mouse.

MadGear

AC:U looks really pretty. Especially on the character models. Even though my 980 can stay above 40 FPS even in super dense crowds, I'm going to lock at 30 since I'm fine with that (blasphemy, I know) and I really hate fluctuating framerates. So far, the game looks really promising. Also, VC unpack surprised me, and I wanted to sleep. I don't know if I should be sad or happy. Lol

Its not blasphemy, just not the preferred way for most (i hate 30fps when playing with a mouse but with a gamepad it is usually "fine").
However, shouldn't you be able to easily hit 60fps by slightly lowering your settings? But then again, when you are fine with 30fps going for the "best possible" image quality is also nice :)

Personally I still have zero interest in any AC. I dont know why but I never could enjoy these games. The gameplay especially the combat always felt lackluster to me, but then again i havent played a single AC since Revelations so maybe they actually improved it. Maybe just maybe I'll take a look at Black Flag once its available for cheap and find out for myself.

Deques

fees? lol wut? Why would I pay bots? If I have to pay, I will choose devs all the time.

Back when trading cards were introduced there were bots that gives you credit for your cards and trade for their cards you pay with credits.

For example, your get 100 credits for a card of yours, then you can use that credit to buy a card from the bot. They sell each card for 120 credit. But your 100 credit isn't enough, so you have to sell another card for 100 credits.
Still you have 80 credits left from your purchase, either you just let it go or you buy and sell until you have 0 credits left.

That's how it was, I don't know how it is now

should i play valkyria in english or japanese?

You can choose between Eng and Jap?

Knurek

People who want to listen to Valkyria Chronicles game's music without having to run it (or for portable playback):

The music is in this file

stream\vlbgm.afs

Use hcs' lafs on this file, it should split up a bunch of ADX files, which are playable with VGMStream plugin (Winamp version/standalone wavewriter, or Foobar version)

If you need the music data from the movies for some reason, SFD files in the movie folder are plain MPEG2 streams with ADX for sound - just demux them with any movie splitter tool and once again, play with VGMStream.

Enjoy Hitoshi Sakimoto's goodness!

zkylon

zkylewd
You can choose between Eng and Jap?
yup

bizarrely you can change language on the fly but you have to use the settings thing to change mouse sensitivity and hotkeys and graphics stuff

ran pretty well on my pc

but i already want a mod that removes the white vignetting

i never liked that about the game

Momentary

Banned

I won't like this, for sure, I need good mouse implementation as it is what I do by default all the time, try to use mouse.

The gameplay is what would have really bothered me. Using the keyboard outside of gameplay really isn't that bad.

xBladeM6x

Its not blasphemy, just not the preferred way for most (i hate 30fps when playing with a mouse but with a gamepad it is usually "fine").
However, shouldn't you be able to easily hit 60fps by slightly lowering your settings? But then again, when you are fine with 30fps going for the "best possible" image quality is also nice :)

Personally I still have zero interest in any AC. I dont know why but I never could enjoy these games. The gameplay especially the combat always felt lackluster to me, but then again i havent played a single AC since Revelations so maybe they actually improved it. Maybe just maybe I'll take a look at Black Flag once its available for cheap and find out for myself.
Don't get me wrong, I basically can't play a game like an FPS at 30, but when I'm using a gamepad for a third person game that requires very little precision, I'm cool with it. I didn't expect AC to hit 60 consistently anyways, and with a game like this, I'll take pretty graphics + stable 30, over a pretty, but fluctuating game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom