• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

This has been the best thing I have seen all month
1024x576.resizedimage

Love how it's just a mesh of everything, what with the Xbox controller on there and the PS3 Save System UI yet it's on my PC.

Uzzy

I could be playing some more Valkyria Chronicles (which is really fantastic), but nope, I'm sitting here waiting for the Unity reviews to drop and laugh my head off.

Seems AC:U gets that low scores because its essentially the same game for the 7th time and they are slowly getting tired of the formula and it seems to have a lot of bugs.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just read in the review thread that that there are certain chests that require the companion app to open. I shouldn't be surprised, but if it weren't for the fact that Black Flag's "social" collectables take hours to find if you don't have a busy friends list, I'd say it's worse.

Arthea

Is there any way to prevent one game from updating on steam, just one. There is no such option that I can see.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8374645248/hA1A989CB[/IMG[/QUOTE]

These gifs are not helping, I actually want a game now
[SPOILER]just kidding, keep them coming (><)[/SPOILER]

JaseC

Is there any way to prevent one game from updating on steam, just one. There is no such option that I can see.

Not exactly. Right-click -> Properties -> Only update this game when I launch it is the best you can do. Note that you can't change the update schedules of uninstalled games.

Arthea

Not exactly. Right-click -> Properties -> Only update this game when I launch it is the best you can do. Note that you can't change the update schedules of uninstalled games.

I was afraid of that... why can't I choose not to update it if I don't want?! why you do this to me, volvo

I just read in the review thread that that there are certain chests that require the companion app to open. I shouldn't be surprised, but if it weren't for the fact that Black Flag's "social" collectables take hours to find if you don't have a busy friends list, I'd say it's worse.

This news combined with the micro transactions has really helped push me towards waiting a long time before buying this. Which is a shame as I still like the series.

Arthea

I know we are having too much fun with Unity, but new HB is today, isn't it? Do we know-expect anything,
except from usual Capcpom and Disney bundles
?

JaseC

I was afraid of that... why can't I choose not to update it if I don't want?! why you do this to me, volvo

For a few months it was possible to skip a detected update provided you were already downloading something else, however for some reason Valve completely stepped away from this and later renamed "Do not automatically update this game" to "Only update this game when I launch it" to more accurately reflect the option's original (and current) behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom