• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Jawmuncher

I'll be holding off on 13-2 since it's my least favorite.
But with that raise in price I REALLY hope Lightning Returns is no more than 24.99

Kiru

It's somewhat funny that none of the screenshots on Steam page seem to have Serah in them.

Also why do the first 2 Screens look so good and all the others like some 720p crap again. Are those first ones from cutscenes ?

ss_1d21798ee9b510a20565767f08cc8a34c7fa710f.1920x1080.jpg

VS

Dr Dogg

well - they made the decision for me ... it's region-locked ...

I've got more than enough to cover it with card money but I've got time for a few deals for other places to wait and see. Plus the UK gets stiffed again at a higher price than anywhere (yes the pennies do matter!)

It's somewhat funny that none of the screenshots on Steam page seem to have Serah in them.

Hahaha yeah I noticed that. Lightning shines too bright.

Also why do the first 2 Screens look so good and all the others like some 720p crap again. Are those first ones from cutscenes ?

Yep CGI cutscenes as promo shots. I think XIII looked a bit better than XIII-2 and both look better the LR. Moreover in consistency of design than anything technical. Then again I guess the budgets for each kind of dictated that.

Arthea

I've read that FF13-2 description 3 times and with each time I understood less and less. Is it possible to be even more vague?
Including a range of the downloadable content from the original console
what range? It's obviously not all dlcs, some dlcs? free ones? Would it hurt them to actually say which ones are included?!

Jawmuncher

As was posted with the current GMG code it comes out to 14.40
Will hold off though since they're bound to add a higher coupon by black friday.

I've read that FF13-2 description 3 times and with each time I understood less and less. Is it possible to be even more vague?

what range? It's obviously not all dlcs, some dlcs? free ones? Would it hurt them to actually say which ones are included?!

13 tried to make sense.
13-2 just jumps out the window with all of the time travel and everything else.

---------------------

It's a real shame SE shot themselves in the foot though with the FF13 port job.
Had it been of higher quality out of the gate they would have had a lot more people interested from the get go.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I've got more than enough to cover it with card money but I've got time for a few deals for other places to wait and see. Plus the UK gets stiffed again at a higher price than anywhere (yes the pennies do matter!)

well, to be fair - you know what I meant ... specifically ... ehh :(

Dr Dogg

Some of them are licenced aren't they? Like the Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect costumes.

Jawmuncher

Maybe they learned their lesson?

Now Enhanced for Windows PC
Including a range of the downloadable content from the original console, plus the choice for either English or Japanese voiceovers, 60 frames-per-second graphics and customizeable rendering resolution (720p, 1080p, and more).

Since this is all the last one said
Final Fantasy XIII has been optimised for PC, featuring full screen support and running at 60FPS.
Both English and Japanese voice over will be available.

Arthea

Some of them are licenced aren't they? Like the Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect costumes.

but I'm not talking about costumes, even if default ones aren't that good, I can live without costumes, my decision to purchase or not right away is solely dependent on all arena, minigames and story dlcs being included and they say bloody nothing about that!
please be excited, indeed (><)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Here's hoping the completion-related stuff actually adds up to 100% this time around. ;)
Haha yeah. Wouldn't mind a funny nod to a missing water tower or missing collectibles though, lol.

Loving that there's a wingsuit now, good times with the one in FC3. I imagine it will be ridiculously fun to use in JC.

Maybe they learned their lesson?

Now Enhanced for Windows PC
Including a range of the downloadable content from the original console, plus the choice for either English or Japanese voiceovers, 60 frames-per-second graphics and customizeable rendering resolution (720p, 1080p, and more).

Since this is all the last one said
Final Fantasy XIII has been optimised for PC, featuring full screen support and running at 60FPS.
Both English and Japanese voice over will be available.

Went from no buy to might buy.

Parsnip

I was thinking about these two as well. I'd be willing to bet that we won't see the crossover costumes in the game.
But they could do some TF2 crossover there and people will go nuts. Heavy Noel costume and Scout Serah, that will totally work.

The best part of this is that the download won't be gigantic since most of the cutscenes are in-engine unlike the first game. Even the PS3 game was only 14gigs.

GaussTek

It sure has been a busy day.

- FF XIII incoming patch announcement.
- FF XIII-2 release date and features.
- Valkyria Chronicles launch
- JC3 official announcement.
- AC Unity mess... lol
- Possibly new HB incoming.

sogood.gif

Jawmuncher

I was thinking about these two as well. I'd be willing to bet that we won't see the crossover costumes in the game.
But they could do some TF2 crossover there and people will go nuts. Heavy Noel costume and Scout Serah, that will totally work.

The best part of this is that the download won't be gigantic since most of the cutscenes are in-engine unlike the first game. Even the PS3 game was only 14gigs.

There's still hope.
Since the costumes are still available on Xbox.com
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/FINAL-FANTASY-XIII-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80253510806

So guess it would depend on if the contract allowed future use as well.

Intentional or nah? :)

Didn't even notice lol.

Turfster

Daily Rogue Legacy 80% off
Midweek
  • Enslaved 75% off
  • Just cause 2 80% off

Humble store weeklong(ish) deals
  • I shall remain 45% off
  • Desert Ashes 45% off
  • Gauge 50% off

Parsnip

By the by, GMG's 20% off NOVEMB-ERGMGX-20XOFF voucher works on 13-2 if anyone wants to jump in early.

The "it's the same formula" concerns don't bother me. I just hope I can run the game acceptably with the textures set to High.
This is where I stand as well.
Same formula in an European city, sign me up.

It's so scumbag of them how the splatter screenshots of Lightning all over their banners and screenshots when you never play as her.

It's kinda hilarious that she's on the cover of the retail copy.

Might as well grab FFXIII-2 through GMG. $14 ain't bad.

Despite FFXIII port being shit (hopefully that changes next month) I've gotten my money's worth, and made a tidy sum of Steam cash off its card sales.

Dr Dogg

but I'm not talking about costumes, even if default ones aren't that good, I can live without costumes, my decision to purchase or not right away is solely dependent on all arena, minigames and story dlcs being included and they say bloody nothing about that!
please be excited, indeed (><)

Hahahaha oh come on how on earth do I know what you're talking about with what you posted. I posted what I think is a plausible situation that some licenced stuff probably won't make the cu., Who knows what is or isn't in and as none of us work for SE all we can do is speculate, use reasoning or common sense or go pester someone on Twitter.

That would be a cool addition. Look at Zoe in STFU.

I forgot about the in engine cutscenes being used 95% of the time. Fingers crossed SE don't put out a similar release as last time and fingers even more crossed that Durante cares enough about XIII-2 if it needs a helping hand (I'll buy you a copy Durante and a beer).

One thing that has been great about this late port initiative as of late, I'm getting to cut down my physical last gen console copies and flog them off on eBay to fund my Steam habits.

Shadownet

Banned
The app is free (well, free to use). You don't need to upgrade to premium to access the chests.
Oh that's comforting I saw a screenshot and it show $2.99 and I was like Fuck U
bisoft.

I'm going to download it and give it 1 star.
I really wish I saved my $47 now and wait for Far Cry.

Garteal

Tried to grab XIII-2 from GMG but am short a couple of cents even with a 20% off voucher. Are there any higher off coupons available? Oh and is the game region-locked?

Arthea

They said:

A range= costume and stupid stuff only, you need to buy story DLCs

:D

I stopped assuming anything when SE is at work, I was 100% sure we are getting 1080p/60fps FF13, I've learnt better by now. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a free dlc only (or 2, can't remember how many we had of those (><)
I need somehow get this info out of SE before buying a game

What are chances that FF13-2 will end up in gmg VIP section, I wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom