• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan -- MB-D30A761B5F587EC6 - Taken by Sendou

yo

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I hope Obsidian lets us keep the beta app, otherwise I would've paid $45 or whatever it was for basically nothing. :( If, however, the beta sub is emptied/beta keys deactivated I'll try sending off an e-mail that explains my addiction situation and hope for a key to one of the app's default subs.

Jase ... sit down, please ... we need to talk ;)

chronomac

Trust me, you are not the only one.

Good to know.

I used to like watching his YouTube videos just to see how well games worked on the PC, since he goes through the options menus and discusses frame-rates and textures and what not. But his general attitude lately has turned me off completely.

Does anyone know of another good YouTube channel that does something like that?

Chrome eats RAM like crazy, some of the useful addons aren't on Chrome's application store, and Chrome sometimes lock up your manually installed addon.

Arthea

Firefox was the most-used at one point. But now it's Chrome. Firefox is apparently now the third-most used, even behind MSIE, but it still has about 20% usage share.

where do you get those numbers, because I find it very hard to believe (><)

I paid for the beta app and therefore I'd prefer to keep it. ;)

but if you paid for it, it shouldn't be removable, at least I think I still have betas I paid for or there is precedence?

so it is what someone estimates those number are!
very funny, yes (><)

Dr Dogg

Have I just entered the Beyblades thread or something? What's with the weird... oh they're mice. Awful ones at that.

Also Valkyria Chronicles looks so purdy not coated in aliasing sharp enough to cut your eyes open. The next couple of hour are going to be testing.

Assassin's Creed Unity feels very Assassin's Creed based off the first two missions. I am pleased.

Shit, that's the only review I need.

You people want Borderlands Pre-Sequel Shift Codes?

'Course ya do!

C55BT-S95HK-HTT3J-B3J3J-5H5CR (20 Golden Keys)
WK533-CZ6JB-T3BB3-3TB33-W9XXR (5 Golden Keys)
5K53J-J9FJ3-BT3JB-3BTT3-9JF5J (5 Golden Keys)
KKKJB-HXZHS-JTJJ3-JJBT3-KTJSB (1 Golden Key)
C5WTB-J9ZHS-BBBTT-TJ33T-RKJXT (1 Golden Key)
5W5B3-KSZZ9-333B3-BBBBT-BK5W9 (1 Golden Key)

New or old? I spent an hour of my life typing these bastards in the other day to get half of then go 'Ehh EHH Expired!'

lashman

New or old? I spent an hour of my life typing these bastards in the other day to get half of then go 'Ehh EHH Expired!'

ummm ... you do realize that that table I linked you lists if the codes are expired or not, right? ;) and also you do realize that you can just copy and paste them ... right? ;) lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh yeah the parkour changes are great. Getting down from high places works so much better now. Also, the optional objectives don't seem to effect overall percentage as far as I could tell.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
but if you paid for it, it shouldn't be removable, at least I think I still have betas I paid for or there is precedence?

Valve's removed the betas for CS:S and TF2 over the years. From the developer's perspective you're not losing anything because as a result of the main app being updated the beta is now completely redundant, which I can understand, but I'd like to keep the +1.

Just Cause 2 got a 1.5 MB patch, any idea what it was?

It didn't get a patch. The regular store sub now includes the DLC for some reason (maybe as a "Thank you!" to existing owners).

Jawmuncher

Have I just entered the Beyblades thread or something? What's with the weird... oh they're mice. Awful ones at that.

Also Valkyria Chronicles looks so purdy not coating in aliasing sharp enough to cut your eyes open. The next couple of hour are going to be testing.

Shit, that's the only review I need.

Just imagined the merchant from RE4 saying that.

Dr Dogg

New and can be used by anyone so go nuts.

Top stuff cheers.

ummm ... you do realize that that table I linked you lists if the codes are expired or not, right? ;) and also you do realize that you can just copy and paste them ... right? ;) lol

Yeah I realised that after I put them in. 'Hey what does this column say? Oh expired yeah that was silly'. Should have read you other message really hahaha.

Just imagined the merchant from RE4 saying that.

I was trying to reference this sound in text.

lashman

Yeah I realised that after I put them in. 'Hey what does this column say? Oh expired yeah that was silly'. Should have read you other message really hahaha.

yeah ... that probably would've helped xD haha

Turfster

Pitiri 1977 keys are available for the Humble Multimedia Fusion 2 Bundle
Gamersgate is having a veteran's day sale

Also, you guys are welcome for the early Valkyria Chronicles unlock.
Glad SEGA listened to me! ;)

Euro truck simulator 2 has a new 718 MB update.

1.14 DAF Update is live!
11 NOVEMBER - TIMMY THE DUCK THIEF

Today's release marks the end of another fruitful beta testing period &#8211; during the testing phase, the community has yet again helped us pinpoint and resolve important issues prior to public release of the update.

We would like to thank all of the beta participants for helping us shape the final version of the update, your constant support allows us to create the definitive truck simulation experience.

Check out some fresh images of the new DAF XF Euro 6 truck. OK, to make the best impression, we have cheated a bit when making those pictures. The vehicle is featured in new areas of the virtual world of ETS2 to be released as part of Scandinavia DLC, already under new 'light and skies' &#8211; a new approach to day/night cycle that we are developing now. A little hint of what to expect in future updates! :)

Here is what the short version of this update is bringing to you (expanded version):

Code
Liftable axles
Speed limit shown on dashboard GPS
Truck browser shows all upgrades and their level requirements
Increased damage for overturned vehicles
Higher penalties for damaged cargo (both xp and money)
Camera rotation based on steering and blinkers
Traffic improvement
Steam and online services
Steam Rich Presence: job information in "View Game Info" in the Steam friends list (example)[i.imgur.com]
Screenshot images contain additional metadata (game state, vehicle, camera)
Upload your World of Trucks profile truck from the in-game Screenshot Manager
Data
New truck: DAF XF Euro 6
Added three new 6-wheeled chassis for (almost) all trucks
Substantial data fixes in most chassis
Modding
New cargo definition structure
Per-sector weather climate profiles
Goto console command now accepts city names or their fragments (eg "goto aber" teleports camera to Aberdeen)

Not again.

EDIT: There is nothing wrong with (most of) the Razers.

EDIT: But this Cyborg, hahahaha...

cyborg_mouse.jpg

A friend of mine got something like this to play Unreal Tournament against me.
i still won with my trusty and old Logitech.

iosefe

Valve's removed the betas for CS:S and TF2 over the years. From the developer's perspective you're not losing anything because as a result of the main app being updated the beta is now completely redundant, which I can understand, but I'd like to keep the +1.

It didn't get a patch. The regular store sub now includes the DLC for some reason (maybe as a "Thank you!" to existing owners).
good for tose who don't own the DLC i guess?
microtransactions

&#3232;_&#3232;

Dr Dogg

Awesome I wish more games used the Rich Presence API.

I'm surprised next to no games use it. Though around here it would probably say 'Not playing just idling for cards'. I recall Borderlands doing it on consoles calling out what Class you were playing as what level you where and something goofy if you were fighting a boss.

Parsnip

Reading up a bit, it seems like maybe it's a good thing that I wont try to run Unity on my puny system just yet. Maybe they roll in another patch that helps performance or something before I get my hands on it.

That crowd pop-in in that one jif is pretty bad. Unless that has already been fixed and people are just spreading it because they are assholes.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm surprised next to no games use it. Though around here it would probably say 'Not playing just idling for cards'. I recall Borderlands doing it on consoles calling out what Class you were playing as what level you where and something goofy if you were fighting a boss.
My first encounter with it was terrifying. I received a GFWL message from a friend asking how the specific region I was in was in Red Faction Guerilla. Pure WTF moment.

Tenrius

Unfortunately, Impact Winter by Mojo Bones was not successfully funded.

No :(

clearly you werent here last friday or whenever it happened, most people (including me) assumed they were pulling a EA

and when they returned there were some theories (although those not from me) that it was fan backlash that made them back off the decision

I was, actually. Glanced over the general madness and thought that all those people were jumping to conclusions. It wasn't at all like the EA thing, considering the circumstances.

Finally been playing Deadly Premonition.. but I always get a black screen now when i want to continue.. Im only on chapter 4 too >.<

Does anyone know a fix or am I just gonna have to replay chapter 3 first and then not stop...

If game crashes just when some cutscene is starting, try this one and then double-click the DPLauncher instead of DP.exe.

Other times - it happened to me when I was supposed to drive to Tomasì house - you may need to launch manually the DP.exe to start in windowed mode.

Almost done with Ghostbusters and man, it really makes me miss the days of competent mid tier B games with charm. The closest thing i can think of is Deadly Premonition, but that game is kinda broken whereas ghostbusters is functional, just linear as hell and is just a decent third person shooter with some great ghostbusters fan service.

I guess maybe spec ops: the line?

Ban Puncher

Almost done with Ghostbusters and man, it really makes me miss the days of competent mid tier B games with charm. The closest thing i can think of is Deadly Premonition, but that game is kinda broken whereas ghostbusters is functional, just linear as hell and is just a decent third person shooter with some great ghostbusters fan service.

I guess maybe spec ops: the line?

Triple A or independent. There is no in between any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom