• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

The "it's the same formula" concerns don't bother me. I just hope I can run the game acceptably with the textures set to High.

I think you might be in the more happy camp seeing as you play at 1680x1050. I think I'm going to have to concede that 2560x1440 isn't going to be viable unless I want muddy textures and fuck all AA. Good job I've got 3 other monitors to play around with!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
guys, guys ... I just played a few rounds of Toybox Turbos, and ... this game is LEGIT!!!!!

it's pretty much a remake of Micro Machines!!!! :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Have you checked it out? Is it some kind of puzzle thingy?
I just downloaded it.

Nah, not yet. I'll probably leave the app chests alone until I've completed all of the other secondary objectives.

I think you might be in the more happy camp seeing as you play at 1680x1050. I think I'm going to have to concede that 2560x1440 isn't going to be viable unless I want muddy textures and fuck all AA. Good job I've got 3 other monitors to play around with!

Here's hoping! If I'd bothered investing in a decent EoP kit I'd give it a shot now via in-home streaming.

Most of that list is average at best and I think there's about 3 games I would support.

I would buy a Metal Gear HD collection, Ni No Kuni, Okami, Viewtiful Joe (although I doubt this happens), Zone of the Enders, and Bayonetta (no way this happens).

Oh yeah, no way that Sega, who owns the Bayonetta IP and published the original game as well as handling the original PS3 port would go ahead and put Bayonetta on PC after porting the previously PS3 exclusive Valkyria Chronicles.

NO WAY THAT HAPPENS. EVER.

Also why do the first 2 Screens look so good and all the others like some 720p crap again. Are those first ones from cutscenes ?

Oh no. 720p. Hide your kids, hide your wife.

I bet it only runs at 120fps too. Fuck them for not letting us run at 943fps.

L.O.R.D

XbQKDz5.jpg

update for Retro city Rampage DX is ready

guys, guys ... I just played a few rounds of Toybox Turbos, and ... this game is LEGIT!!!!!

it's pretty much a remake of Micro Machines!!!! :)

i am downloading it right now

Zafir

So my Origin copy of Unity still hasn't unlocked. Do I contact them or do I run the chance of getting banned for using Indian Origin?

Wait for 14mins. It turns the 12th then and at least for me it says the 12th in order details.

Though of course it could be saying 12th because it would be 12th here when it unlocks on the 13th in India. :I

JaseC

So my Origin copy of Unity still hasn't unlocked. Do I contact them or do I run the chance of getting banned for using Indian Origin?

I think you'd be heading into uncharted territory by contacting EA regarding a cross-region purchase. Steam IN's store page for the game says there are still 2 days and 4 hours until it unlocks, so if you'd prefer to err on the side of caution you could wait until then before submitting a ticket.

Anteater

Oh yeah, no way that Sega, who owns the Bayonetta IP and published the original game as well as handling the original PS3 port would go ahead and put Bayonetta on PC after porting the previously PS3 exclusive Valkyria Chronicles.

NO WAY THAT HAPPENS. EVER.

I think he probably mean that there's a thing going on with Bayonetta and Nintendo/Wii U so there's a chance that PG/Sega will likely port the other games to pc first before Bayonetta.

Lomax

Rogue Legacy and Just Cause 2 are both mandatory at those prices. Easily two of the games I had the most fun with in the past couple of years.

Zafir

I think you'd be heading into uncharted territory by contacting EA regarding a cross-region purchase. Steam IN's store page for the game says there are still 2 days and 4 hours until it unlocks, so if you'd prefer to err on the side of caution you could wait until then before submitting a ticket.

I contacted them to cancel my pre-order of Watchdogs from Origin Mexico and nothing happened.

It is a bit risky I guess though.

Wow. That extreme backlash to AC:U is actually making me reconsider redeeming my Nvidia code to it. Jase, I'm as big a fan as you are to the AC games (well, maybe not enough to replay 93 hours, but close), reassure me!

Also, is Toybox Turbo not blocked via ACRTAG?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
c967tKu.jpg

That parity

This one sort of reminds me of Nigel Thornberry for some reason. Might be the eyes and how the nose...er, face... thing are situated.

Honestly all of the screenshots are making me want to buy the game, just because the glitches look so bad that they become good.

It's region-locked, by the way. OARIC on the RU/CIS sub and ACRTAG on the others.

Expected, but still disappointed. Maybe I'll buy it when it reaches sub-$9.99 prices.

JaseC

Massive Chalice just surprise entered early access on Steam!

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/246110

Everyone who backed the game, like me
;)
, will get a key send through Email from Humble Bundle.. or get the key from your HB profile page

It irks me that the OST is available separately and this same courtesy has not been retroactively applied to DF's earlier games. Namely, in my case, Broken Age.

Shadownet

Banned
I can't even..
Some random from IGN comment section from the 9 things I noticed about Unity article.
London123 said:
The problem is a lot of so called professional reviewers , are GAF members, and it's clear to see their loyalty lies first with GAF , over their own readers. There has been a campaign of hate against Ubisoft and this game in particular on GAF, since this game was announced to run the same on Xbone and PS4.

They have had their pitchforks out on GAF for weeks for this game , and today they were foaming at the mouth to see this gamer get bad review scores. If any review is above 7/10, they claim it's paid for, or the reviewer didn't have the guts to rate it low. And even now we have so called professional reviewers in that GAF thread, piling on this game.

I think it very strange that so called unbiased professional reviewers would frequent a place daily like GAF that has a agenda against certain games and publishers. How exactly do you expect to remain credible when it's clear your loyalties are with GAF, and not your own readers. I am not calling you out in particular , I just think it's a sad state of affairs when so many people in this industry are GAF members, and feel peer pressure from their fellow gaffers to tow the line and follow the hive mind mentality that whips up a negative frenzy around games like Assassin's Creed Unity, weeks before the game releases.

It's very hard to take any of you seriously when you are members of such a biased and hostile forum as GAF. It's hard to know if you are all telling the truth in your reviews, or just looking for approval from your fellow GAF members.

Parsnip

Checked out the ACU companion app. Seems like they just took the guild micromanagement from Revelations and put it in a mobile app? Can't really do a whole lot yet since I'd need to sync it with the game, a game that I don't yet have. Need to get some of those sync point unlocked.

Massive Chalice just surprise entered early access on Steam!

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/246110

Everyone who backed the game, like me
;)
, will get a key send through Email from Humble Bundle.. or get the key from your HB profile page

I've been playing the beta a bit, it seems quite alright.

edit: oh, and apparently my backer tier comes with a gift copy. I should raffle that.

If Valve can change data files of older games by their licencors demands, does that mean that a copy I bought is subject to changes which may disable its playability if the old companies goes defunct and the new one doesn't want Steam?
Sure we get a license to play the game and not own it. But which stage of the data makes it the game we licensed?
If, for example, Rockstar created their own DD and moved their games over there, and gimped GTA games on Steam to a point that they are mere demos to the original game sold at RockStore™ what right do we hold?

JaseC

So dex is slightly cheaper on the humble store at the moment.

I'll ask again: has anyone played it yet?

It's ~$7.70 on Steam RU and region-free. ;) The game's caught my eye but at present there's not enough content to compel me to pull the trigger, even for four keys.

Arthea

So dex is slightly cheaper on the humble store at the moment.

I'll ask again: has anyone played it yet?

It's an EA game, what's to play?
sorry, I had to (><)

I'm kinda curious, do you people play EA games you buy while these are still EA? Or you just wait until they are finished or abandoned?

JaseC

If Valve can change data files of older games by their licencors demands, does that mean that a copy I bought is subject to changes which may disable its playability if the old companies goes defunct and the new one doesn't want Steam?
Sure we get a license to play the game and not own it. But which stage of the data makes it the game we licensed?
If, for example, Rockstar created their own DD and moved their games over there, and gimped GTA games on Steam to a point that they are mere demos to the original game sold at RockStore&#8482; what right do we hold?

That wasn't Valve, it was entirely R*. And R* didn't have to remove the music even for existing owners -- it could have spun off the modified audio into a new depot and added it to new subs, which is exactly what it did with Vice City, however the path of least effort was travelled instead and at this point, since the game wasn't removed from sale, it's too late for R* to right the wrong. The situation sucks, but surprisingly enough R*'s arm wasn't being twisted and instead it's a case of "lazy devs".

Grief.exe

I'm kinda curious, do you people play EA games you buy while these are still EA? Or you just wait until they are finished or abandoned?

I generally dabble, then sit on them as I don't want to grow bored of the mechanics before the final version.

With Don't Starve I completely exhausted myself of the game and have yet to experience the numerous content additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom