• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unity is basically everything that should be avoided in the game industry.

shitty embargo, micro transaction, 'companion app' gating things in the game, terribad performance, jank....

....well. Leave the jank in.

Lomax

I can't even..
Some random from IGN comment section from the 9 things I noticed about Unity article.

Clearly he doesn't realize that Gaf has an agenda to hate everything.

If Valve can change data files of older games by their licencors demands, does that mean that a copy I bought is subject to changes which may disable its playability if the old companies goes defunct and the new one doesn't want Steam?
Sure we get a license to play the game and not own it. But which stage of the data makes it the game we licensed?
If, for example, Rockstar created their own DD and moved their games over there, and gimped GTA games on Steam to a point that they are mere demos to the original game sold at RockStore™ what right do we hold?

There's nothing legally preventing this, but the internet shitstorm almost certainly would.

2014-11-11_19-44-24.jpg

He prefers 2.5 billion dollar micro(soft)transactions.

...I'll see myself out.

Turfster

at present there's not enough content to compel me to pull the trigger

That's why I wanted to see if anyone here owned it, to see exactly how much (or how little) there is to it at the moment ;)
Incognita was pretty playable from the start, for example.

Unity is basically everything that should be avoided in the game industry.

shitty embargo, micro transaction, 'companion app' gating things in the game, terribad performance, jank....

....well. Leave the jank in.
What's jank? Anyway, we got Shadow of Mordor so maybe it's just time for Ubisoft to disappear...after handing over the Beyond Good and Evil IP to someone else.

Arthea

What's jank? Anyway, we got Shadow of Mordor so maybe it's just time for Ubisoft to disappear...after handing over the Beyond Good and Evil IP to someone else.

oh let's all forget that Ubi owns Might and Magic, we do that all the time, only AssCreed matters, am I right?

edited: thanks for answers, I'm surprised some of you do play EA games :)

Anteater

wait i thought SE switched the confirm/cancel buttons, it's still the same here with the asian version

■ Asian version
"Confirm" and "Cancel" button assignments on the Controller Settings have been switched.

meh whatever, i'm used to both anyway

haven't read much about Rogue, but i'm glad that ACU is getting shat on a bit. ACIV was given wayyyyyyyyy too much praise given that its campaign was a back and forth between shitty tailing missions and shitty stealth missions that left a sour, bitter, crappy taste in my mouth and actually made me miss ACIII.

Dr Dogg

Will we get Rogue on Steam, that's the big question. I want it.

Well early 2015 is the PC scheduled release. I imagine after Unity has run its course sales wise a preorder page will go up. Though because Blag Flag is a personal fav of mine and this riffs off it quite well I couldn't wait and giving my 360 one last hurrah!
Just after I finish Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Dragons Dogma, Dead Rising and a crap load of other stuff I've forgot about. They'll probably be Remastered or ported to PC by the time I pick them up again

Wait for 14mins. It turns the 12th then and at least for me it says the 12th in order details.

Though of course it could be saying 12th because it would be 12th here when it unlocks on the 13th in India. :I

I think you'd be heading into uncharted territory by contacting EA regarding a cross-region purchase. Steam IN's store page for the game says there are still 2 days and 4 hours until it unlocks, so if you'd prefer to err on the side of caution you could wait until then before submitting a ticket.

Yeah, I guess I'll wait a few days. Plenty busy anyway, just weird that it would say it unlocks at 2AM on the 11th and yet still says "unreleased" Hopefully it is because it's an Indian purchase

That wasn't Valve, it was entirely R*. And R* didn't have to remove the music even for existing owners -- it could have spun off the modified audio into a new depot and added it to new subs, which is exactly what it did with Vice City, however the path of least effort was travelled instead and at this point, since the game wasn't removed from sale, it's too late for R* to right the wrong. The situation sucks, but surprisingly enough R*'s arm wasn't being twisted and instead it's a case of "lazy devs".

It might not be Valve but we can see that Valve has no say in the content it distributes. At which point can they say: "This update will kill the game so we stop it" Do we have to wait for that situation to become reality to see this point? Do we actually have knowledge about Steam's update evaluation process? I remember the rootkit issues of the past but what stops some greenlight game updating with a small trojan/worm?

Parsnip

I'm just amused by all the outrage at the ACU microtransactions. Personally I'm going to ignore them and play the game like I would have played any other AC game. It seems like they are paid cheats basically, which are disgusting for sure, but as long as I can complete the game without them, it will be fine.

JustinBB7

I wonder if Ubisoft understands people hate them and why. Because it always seems they don't even realize..

Just keep piling shit on and on, specially for PC (Uplay, shit ports)

4 copies of Insurgency for $1? That's a great deal, looking forward to killing a bunch of noobs, the game when I played a few days ago was at 2,200 players, I'm curious to see what it is in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom