• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendou

No absolutely not. I'm not buying garbage in hopes they bring something I want. Want my money? Give me x game, don't give me y game to test the market cause then you're just wasting both our time.

This. I just buy games I want when I want. It is not a sustainable model if I start thinking about this like I want to support x. Excluding some indies here but it's not like the specific cases I'm thinking about haven't earned that support.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No absolutely not. I'm not buying garbage in hopes they bring something I want. Want my money? Give me x game, don't give me y game to test the market cause then you're just wasting both our time.

here's a wacky thought. you do what you want, and other people do what they want.

Crazy I know, but go with it

here's a wacky thought. you do what you want, and other people do what they want.

Crazy I know, but go with it
Oh rhaknar we're sharing our opinions, are we not allowed to do that? He buys it to support something and im saying you shouldn't do that, if you buy it it should be cause you like the game.

Kvik

Crossposting from that Humblebundle thread;

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930928.
- No need to thank me, but would appreciate an invite to SteamGAF group :)
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-F8E39225F831F535 - Taken by SonicXtreme
Insurgency -- MB-154C8B315BF6BCCF - Taken by GuerillaPimp
t1cxE6r.gif
GRID 2 -- MB-166F3CA4289E6915 - Taken by GaussTek
Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-A7808149A0D4B4A3 - Taken by someguyinahat

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think history has shown us that there is no way to pass a "Capcom test."

Buying an on-rails shooter does not get you another Resident Evil 4, it gets you another on-rails shooter.

Then when that second on-rails shooter fails, it's your fault.

Shadownet

Banned
This must be what it feels like to negotiate with terrorists.
As someone who play CSGO, yes it's quite similar.

Yeah but in my defense I'm getting it because I never play any of the FFXIII games before and for $13.50. I'm okay with paying that price for a PC port.

Anyway, in other news. AC:Unity run like crap. The cutscenes jump between 22-39. It's terrible. Even on the lowest settings with everything turn off. I can't even hit 60fps in a deserted area.

This game is so poorly optimized. (Disclaimers I have a GTX 760.)

Miker

I guess I'm in for Rogue Legacy at that price. It'll go in my won't-get-around-to-playing-before-being-bundled backlog.

Sendou

I guess I'm in for Rogue Legacy at that price. It'll go in my won't-get-around-to-playing-before-being-bundled backlog.

I played Rogue Legacy earlier this year and now when playing Binding of Isaac: Rebirth I can see the difference quite clearly. Rogue Legacy is just sloppy work all around and poor excuse of a roguelike. Glad I didn't waste more time with it. Can't recommend it at all.

Ozium

I never liked Rogue Legacy that much, although I love the concept of a roguelite metroidvania, the physics are waaaay too floaty for me

Jawmuncher

Yea..but don't we have to set a few settings like what resolution to use?

I figured it out.
When you click edit settings thats what you can mess with there.
It already has a few preset.
VC only recognized the first one (Didn't even need to press Windows+G), but the difference is huge.
Don't think we really need to mess with it.

Sarcasm

I figured it out.
When you click edit settings thats what you can mess with there.
VC only recognized the first one (Didn't even need to press Windows+G), but the difference is huge.

So don't need to edit anything basically? Just start game?

*I noticed that you can activate and deactivate outside of game so this isn't something you do while ingame.

valouris

I never liked Rogue Legacy that much, although I love the concept of a roguelite metroidvania, the physics are waaaay too floaty for me

It gets much better over time, after I got used to it and could predict how it was going to go down (especially knockdown) I had no problem. Give it a shot, it was a GOTY contender for me last year.

xBladeM6x

As good as "Custom Resolutions, and Graphic Options" are, it's still super depressing that it's even something they consider a "feature", and not mandatory. I give them credit for at least learning from their mistakes, but they still need to fix FFXIII (1).

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Features
NOVEMBER 11 - SE_ROSSI
Hello,

We're happy to announce the specs FFXIII-2 will be supporting.

■US/PAL version
- Custom resolutions
- Graphic options
- 60fps
- English and Japanese voices

■Asian version
- Custom resolutions
- Graphic options
- 60fps
- Japanese voice

SQUARE ENIX

wilflare

Oh, just realized FF XIII-2 is on Steam. That was fast. Cheapest non-region-locked place is the Turkish Steamstore at $12.36.
But I'd wager that not too long after XIII-3 comes, a new complete version will come out. I can wait for that to hit sub 10$.

hmm the RU Store is even cheaper but it's a different sub
i'm getting really confused by all these things... T_T

Razakin

Here's some games, people might enjoy them, or people might not. I've enjoyed at least one of them, so much that rain has risks for me. Seriously people, check out the Risk of Rain soundtrack, it's so gooood.

And I really wish I could stand the old school X-COMs but no, I've accustomed to modern games and how they play. So hopefully some other old gamer enjoys those ones at least.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Razakin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-515397E8246EC4FD - Taken by Tesseract
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs -- MB-DF2BDDC7E86C17BF - Taken by topyy
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-4D586CE25CB47C19
Risk of Rain -- MB-17CCC85BCAABDF36 - Taken by Notrollious
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-E93B0C30931F3B0D
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-50A1197F6A8371AF - Taken by Kuroyume
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-CA1671A5FDA1DC97 - Taken by Decado
X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-25D2A9D342F3A2BF - Taken by ScreamingTrees
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-6B55269F80072BB0
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-B607FB71061BF500 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-9AABDFF8CF138D7A - Taken by xenoflux2113

As good as "Custom Resolutions, and Graphic Options" are, it's still super depressing that it's even something they consider a "feature", and not mandatory. I give them credit for at least learning from their mistakes, but they still need to fix FFXIII (1).

I'd report about the inconsistent framerate in that steam post. Some are but the more mentions the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom