• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, just realized FF XIII-2 is on Steam. That was fast. Cheapest non-region-locked place is the Turkish Steamstore at $12.36.
But I'd wager that not too long after XIII-3 comes, a new complete version will come out. I can wait for that to hit sub 10$.

EdmondD

holy shit Verdun is incredible... I was just tlaking to Jawmuncher the other day about how I wanted a WW1 game and this is fucking perfect...

you basically either attack or defend, and you try to take a section of the enemy's trenches, they are trying to stop you... if you are defending and you defend your section for the round then you get the chance for a counterattack to push them further backwards... trench warfare > modern warfare

also got gassed, had to put on a gas mask and it was fucking crazy

I have no idea what I'm doing tho lol

Sounds really cool. I have always been interested in the WW1 era. The combat of that time was absolutely brutal.

Dr Dogg

enslaved for $5 , buy or not buy?

I enjoyed it. The traversal and platforming is semi auto which you can't miss a jump and the combat isn't very deep but can be quite enjoyable (and isn't really that hard). I definitely liked the story and characters and even running on Unreal Engine 3 some of the facial animation is really good. Plus the DLC, Pigsy's Perfect 10 is really, really good. If you're after an actiony adventure game that's about 8-10 hours in length and don't mind the lack of challenge but something with a bit more emphasis on story then I'd say it's worth a look in.

At the final stretch in FF13.

Don't know if I want to keep grinding or go straight to the end.

Eh...screw it. I'll get the game over with now, then come back in December after the patch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im torn on "nice on SE to go back and patch FF13 to be a proper PC game". on the one hand, like I said, nice on them. on the other, you could very easily argue that it should have come like that in the first place

still, that they are going back and doing it, knowing they could just let it stay like that (other companies would) since it sells anyway on the name alone, im going with "nice on SE" on this one. You fuck up, you man up and fix your fuck up, thats something at least

I enjoyed it. The traversal and platforming is semi auto which you can't miss a jump and the combat isn't very deep but can be quite enjoyable (and isn't really that hard). I definitely liked the story and characters and even running on Unreal Engine 3 some of the facial animation is really good. Plus the DLC, Pigsy's Perfect 10 is really, really good. If you're after an actiony adventure game that's about 8-10 hours in length and don't mind the lack of challenge but something with a bit more emphasis on story then I'd say it's worth a look in.

listen to doogie since you wont listen to me

At the final stretch in FF13.

Don't know if I want to keep grinding or go straight to the end.

I have to admit I used Cheatengine, because it was either 5-10 hours just to get some money to upgrade my gear or 5 minutes in Cheatengine to give me enough money.

I already finished it 100% on the 360 without the use of any trainer or cheats so I thought it would be a waste of time. If you have Vanille and her Death spell though, you should get the growth egg and then grinding will be far better.

Nzyme32

When will the Show Symposium take place?

I was going to ask this too. Also not sure if already mentioned but, a guy from Kojima Productions LA is trying to get feedback for what folks want etc.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/311340/discussions/0/613941122619835287/

KJPDev Introduction
Soldiers, hear my words!

My name is Robert Allen Peeler, and I am the Online Community Manager for Kojima Productions - Los Angeles Studio.

I’m here to follow this community of Metal Gear fans and let you know the thoughts of the development team on Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

I’m also following your conversations and providing feedback to the team on a regular basis. I’m definitely excited to serve the PC dedicated community and make your voice heard by the team.

There’s plenty of work to do, (no offense, but I don’t know what sleep is) but I’ll be around as much as possible to keep in contact with everyone here.

In the meantime, we had an exciting Halloween at the Kojima Productions Los Angeles office. 3 guesses as to who I dressed up as:

http://www.konami.com/robert_peeler/

I hope you all enjoyed the holiday! Keep on talking about the game, and we’ll have more to say later!

I won’t slow you down. I promise!

-KJPDev

I've been evaluating your feedback for a couple weeks now and I've seen lots of questions and requests.

I'm still putting together some more information about MGSV:GZ in the coming weeks leading up to launch, but keep sending that feedback so I can share your passion with the team and get answers!

MUnited83

For you.
So, would you advice to stock up on old ones and also be safe then ?

I'm talking in general, that if there's a warning about region locking it will appear on checkout and not on cart.
Seems people are reporting that ACRTAG is still not properly applied and it seems the cart glitch works, so it seems the new copies are region free and can be bough as gifts as well (trhough cart exploit)

Kiru

I'm talking in general, that if there's a warning about region locking it will appear on checkout and not on cart.
Seems people are reporting that ACRTAG is still not properly applied and it seems the cart glitch works, so it seems the new copies are region free and can be bough as gifts as well (trhough cart exploit)
Alright, thanks, guess no need to hurry now then.

Phinor

https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=TUnwwZ8qnxrauhss

Another batch of Insurgency copies in case anyone wants.

In other news nothing interesting released this week so I went back into World of Warcraft. See you in 2016 or so.

Ok, I lied. I know almost nothing about Valkyria Chronicles but it seemed interesting so I bought it. Just not sure when I will actually try it because, well, that stupid WoW.

Kiru

Is Steam Trades run out of someone's house on their dialup connection? This site is so painful to use.

The site shares servers withe steamgifts, so you can guess why it's extra slow right now. All those people trying to create giveaways for Insurgency and other new bundle games.

KiDdYoNe

Is it safe? Tell me more! :D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what the fuck at freddy 2, the first one wasnt even good :/

Khronico

I would highly recommend those getting insurgency to play it. It's actually a fantastic shooter. I just played 2 straight hours of the coop mode and it is great. The best way I can explain it is Red Orchestra + Counter Strike.

Insurgency Game Night? Please?

Instructions for ashecitism:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ashecitism, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eldritch -- MB-3EB245B8332D89FA - Taken by Sarcasm. 3 entrants total.
The Novelist -- MB-710878AC7A0F83A4 - Taken by cardinalmind. 7 entrants total.
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-43F7D2969BDAE51D - Taken by Andrefpvs. 1 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-B822355C64989EB3 - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #1 -- MB-77228B1FF52177B5 - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-3628E95B8968AEA8 - Taken by FrozenXcalibur. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-64439D9A3475B1C4 - Taken by M*A*S*H. 2 entrants total.

t1415749100z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom