• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

The demo of Tesla Effect was actually pretty decent(2k video is great), but I couldn't get into Under a Killing Moon due to a lot of archaic jank. This'll be the only Tex Murphy game that I might see through.

Great deal here, and you get a DRM-free copy too. Thanks, HB!

Anustart

Steam windows seemingly randomly fuck up. Everything will be off by quite a bit. Right now in the picture upload window, if I want to click on a picture, I have to put the cursor below it and far to the right. This has been going on for a while now and only with steam. Anyone know how to fix this irritating thing?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Race the Sun -- MB-A070FADD26492695 - Taken by Andrefpvs. 8 entrants total.
Dustforce DX -- MB-3E7F7F668951F03D - Taken by inky. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
GRID 2 -- MB-F67A582F6405839E - Taken by 73V3N. 15 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-22C1B2EC908AA871

t1415771661z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
It's nice to see VC is such a great port. I haven't encounter any bug or glitch so far. There was a bug earlier where characters voice were too quiet in cutscenes but it was quickly patched within 2-3 hours of being released.

iosefe

It's nice to see VC is such a great port. I haven't encounter any bug or glitch so far. There was a bug earlier where characters voice were too quiet in cutscenes but it was quickly patched within 2-3 hours of being released.

SEGA does what others don't?

wilflare

You tell me! I am still learning new things about SteamDB and all kinds of tags and whatnot.

Anyway, this is the deal with FF XIII-2. You cannot buy it from Russia. It is locked.
This is the Russian Sub of the game: https://steamdb.info/sub/53977/
As you can see on the page there are two big blue boxes telling you that neither US nor EU can activate or run the game (also these two tags: PurchaseRestrictedCountries & onlyallowrunincountries further down).
Similar to the Asian sub of the game here: https://steamdb.info/sub/41113/

Now, the US/EU sub https://steamdb.info/sub/44038/ has the least restrictions (par cross-region gifting). Here you can easily see which regional store has the cheapest price.
It is the Turkish Steamstore for $12.37. Or 31% cheaper than the regular US/EU store.

Hope this helps you or others new to SteamDB. And thanks to frosty for teaching me.

thanks for the explanation! guess other region stores aren't really a viable option to get FF13-2... guess it's GMG then?

Valkyria Chronicles isn't locked right? - based on what I understand from the Steamdb

and as mentioned many times before, Witcher 3 remains the only game that works despite the ACRTAG (though the latest sub disables gifting but allows trading?!)

zkylon

zkylewd
sorry to ask like this but does anyone still have a spare risk of rain key?

i gave all of mine away and now i've realized i didn't save one for my brother lol

edit: ty shadownet

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
very nice

good on them

from still owes us at least that

probably the same features that 13-2 comes with, let's wait and see I guess

I might have a risk of rain leftover but I cant check for another 5 hours

thanks for the explanation! guess other region stores aren't really a viable option to get FF13-2... guess it's GMG then?
Valkyria Chronicles isn't locked right? - based on what I understand from the Steamdb
Yup, valkyria is good to go from russia. Only $10.77 !
and as mentioned many times before, Witcher 3 remains the only game that works despite the ACRTAG (though the latest sub disables gifting but allows trading?!)
Gonna be honest. I don't understand witcher's situation.

Jawmuncher

Why is reinstalling windows for me such a pain.
I hate how this dell laptop is just making it such a pain.
Even made the rescue disk, which ain't doing shit since it won't boot and I can't figure out any way to acess it.

zkylon

zkylewd
probably the same features that 13-2 comes with, let's wait and see I guess

I might have a risk of rain leftover but I cant check for another 5 hours

yeah i mean i don't really think it's necessary for games to have like a million settings, if you're barebones but you have the essentials (like resolution) i'm ok with it

if the performance is bad tho, that's more problematic

also thanks for the key but shadownet got me covered

MRORANGE

Steam Support - The place to contact steam if you have a problem with the service.
Steam Trading Cards - Gain money by selling cards or craft them for cosmetic items.
Add funds to your Steam Wallet - You can also buy giftcards at most major gaming retailers.
Steam Mobile - Use Steam while away from the PC. Supports iOS and Android.
Big Picture Mode - Lets you run Steam on your TV in a more convenient manner.
Steam Family Sharing - Share your Steam account with family and friends.
Steam Community - A hub of what other steam users have created or are discussing.
Steam Workshop - A showcase of Mods for games on Steam.
Steam Greenlight - Vote for games that want to be on the Steam store.
Steam Stats - Check stats of number of people playing games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I mean, it was kinda expected that they'd bring the whole XIII trilogy to PC, but it still feels weird.

expected? I dont think it was expected at all until it was announced out of the blue

Kvik

Just click the gift link. If it's been redeemed, it'll tell you.

Thanks for the tip!

A bit OT, but this move to community is getting me down a bit. Normally I can just find it in the front page, but sometimes I forgot and scrolls to page 5 before I remember it's been moved :-\

Rhaknar

yeah i mean i don't really think it's necessary for games to have like a million settings, if you're barebones but you have the essentials (like resolution) i'm ok with it

if the performance is bad tho, that's more problematic

also thanks for the key but shadownet got me covered

from the FF13-2 announcement thread:

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Ban Puncher

Enjoy my table scraps.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Man Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure -- MB-BD11CE86FFB690C4 - Taken by WavekSra
Insurgency -- MB-B6040892912127B8 - Taken by Atraveller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom