• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Vanquish
Bayonetta
PSO2
Resonance of Fate
Skies of Arcadia
Shenmue
JSRF
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Otogi

Sega is so damn stacked

With Platinum willing to port their games over, this new porting house can handle any of the other games. I can't wait to see what happens.

Trivia Question: What Ronald Reagan quote is also the title of an episode of CW's Arrow?

First person to respond scores an absolutely legitimate copy of Lethal League.

Edit: I reserve the right to modbot this game before I go to sleep.
"Within the covers of the bible are the answers to all problems men face"

it was a preachy episode

well, Nabs isnt a asshole

Hey Sega, you realise that Bayonetta would do the same right?

gmh3Kae.png

It would do better, I'd wager. But I could be wrong.

True. We need some 3D loving on PC.

VF isn't 3D fighting. It's 3D garbage.

With Platinum willing to port their games over, this new porting house can handle any of the other games. I can't wait to see what happens.

People are willing to purchase the PC versions of FF VII & VIII. People are probably willing to purchase FF Tactics.

I would hope someone at Sega would maybe find it worth their while to do a port a Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Not for me, but for those that have never played it

Sadly, it's a way more difficult port then anything already on the docket.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
"Within the covers of the bible are the answers to all problems men face"

it was a preachy episode

Not as bad as that one episode "I was alseep while we were selling arms to Iran to fund the Contras."

Oliver was a real dick.

icWuA5NGsUVEY.gif

Make sure you jump on The Flash whenever you get the chance.

Easily the best advice ever given in a Steam thread.

morningbus

We need to push Sega for our Jet Set Radio Future port. Surely the first one sold well enough to justify the sequel.

Screw DC and their Infinite Crisis idea for their TV shows.

The wrongest of wrong opinions. It's the reason why Flash is allowed to be as good as it is.

Grief.exe

We need to push Sega for our Jet Set Radio Future port. Surely the first one sold well enough to justify the sequel.

Sega had been dropping hints about Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia, but Jet Set Radio underperformed and Sega hasn't ported an older game since...until Valkyria Chronicles.

morningbus

Iris tried that tonight. So thirsty...

This post made me:

iby5YViQrZT9mN.gif

Sega had been dropping hints about Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia, but Jet Set Radio underperformed and Sega hasn't ported an older game since...until Valkyria Chronicles.

I would love if we could get some internal numbers. I think even if the majority of Jet Set Radio's sales were at the low end ($5), enough people would have bought it to more than cover the cost of porting it.

Hopefully Sega's new internal team will make it more feasible.

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Metro 2033 -- MB-78716907AA2ABB44 - Taken by Dicer

That works for everything he posted, even the VF5 part.

VF has been a horrible fighting game ever since people raved about VF4 (which wasn't good either) and then lost their shit for VF4:EVO.

What Steam really needs, and what was sorely lacking from that "games we want on PC" list lash posted, is so obvious that I cannot even fathom how their list was created.

We NEED Tekken.

Not DoA. Not VF.

TEKKEN.

VF has been a horrible fighting game ever since people raved about VF4 (which wasn't good either) and then lost their shit for VF4:EVO.

What Steam really needs, and what was sorely lacking from that "games we want on PC" list lash posted, is so obvious that I cannot even fathom how their list was created.

We NEED Tekken.

Not DoA. Not VF.

TEKKEN.
If Tekken Tag 2 and 7 came to Steam I could just stop buying games.

More
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Them - The Summoning -- MB-C194A6EC30AFC039 - Taken by Milamber. 1 entrants total.
Shadows: Price For Our Sins -- MB-4AB3EE74A2F20C06 - Taken by hepburn3d. 1 entrants total.

t1415774366z1.png

We NEED Tekken.

Not DoA. Not VF.

TEKKEN.

But DoA has volleyball, and bikinis.... can't we get both? :(

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
I still have one copy of Defenders Quest Left, that too DRM free?

PM me if the code doesn't work, since this is my first GOG key submission to Sir ModBot and I hope I did it right.

ModBot said:
Instructions for RVinP:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RVinP, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten (GOG) -- MB-DAAAFCF3CF24B6F2 - Taken by The Reloader. 2 entrants total.

Redeem at https://secure.gog.com/en/redeem/

t1415785221z1.png

Tellaerin

Screw DC and their Infinite Crisis idea for their TV shows.

Agreed. I prefer the Marvel approach to their properties (at least the ones under the Marvel Studios banner). Then again, I've always preferred Marvel to DC in general, so I guess it's par for the course. (Though admittedly DC's done better when it comes to videogames in recent years.)

morningbus

The movie universe you may have an argument (even though there is only one entry at the moment on DC's side), but there is just no way you can look at Agents of Shield and Arrow/Flash and argue the results. Flash has done more in its first 5 episodes than Agents of Shield did in its whole first season.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
be a trucker, be a rebel, get hot chicks, fuck da police

convoy+01.jpg
convoy3.jpg

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-33DCAEF09F353D5A - Taken by cardinalmind. 2 entrants total.
Insurgency -- MB-64A0412EA6869D98 - Taken by tioslash. 2 entrants total.

t1415777662z1.png

300px-Convoy.jpg
convoy-movie-1978-600x475.jpg

Miguel81

Tekken 7 will come, but VF5 is a great, rewarding experience if you put the time into it. Hell, it can even be fun with minimal time put into the practice mode. Maybe it's not your thing, but there are people like me that love it's style.

Also, Namco guys should really start thinking of putting the Soul Calibur games on the service.

But DoA has volleyball, and bikinis.... can't we get both? :(

Everyone.gif

Deques

Some games to give during my cake day, not a huge amount of games like last year

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deques, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-77D2FEECEFEDA7BC
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-3A256E8E5AA4E009 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.

t1415787861z1.png

hepburn3d

Anyone going to try 52 games in a year next year? I'm going to give it a go but I've run out of short achievable games with my life style. I'm left with games like Mass Effect, Skyrim and Fallout which I love but they're going to take me ages. Still looking forward to it though :D

Sarcasm

Anyone going to try 52 games in a year next year? I'm going to give it a go but I've run out of short achievable games with my life style. I'm left with games like Mass Effect, Skyrim and Fallout which I love but they're going to take me ages. Still looking forward to it though :D

For skyrim there is completing the story and than completing the mundane side stuff.

If story that is like six hours.

Tellaerin

The movie universe you may have an argument (even though there is only one entry at the moment on DC's side), but there is just no way you can look at Agents of Shield and Arrow/Flash and argue the results. Flash has done more in its first 5 episodes than Agents of Shield did in its whole first season.

AoS had to stay in low gear until Winter Soldier hit, and the first season ended up being a slow burn because of that. The payoff was definitely rewarding for the viewers who'd stuck with it, though. Ultimately I'd argue that it worked out for the best, since upsetting the status quo like that doesn't mean much if people aren't given time to become invested in it. And some brilliant stuff came out of that. (I personally loved the "Ward-as-villain" reveal, which cast his actions in the earlier episodes in an entirely new light. I really hope they don't give him a redemption arc, because I like the character as a villain far more than I did as a hero.)

I just like the sense of cohesion across properties, the fact that these stories are taking place in a common setting. Events in one movie or film don't have to impact each other directly - it's just nice to have that sense of things taking place outside the borders of the current story, and occasionally hinted at in the background or being referenced in passing in some way. Given the popularity of series like Flash and Arrow, it seems almost a waste that DC doesn't use their TV series as a base for constructing a shared TV/cinematic universe of their own.

Today is my cake day
DASXSw3.png

Happy birthday, Deques! :D

hepburn3d

For skyrim there is completing the story and than completing the mundane side stuff.

If story that is like six hours.

I'm thinking more get to end of game. Zero achievements required. No DLC. I suppose when you ignore side quests Skyrim might not be so bad. That's made me feel better. I think Fallout 3 main story was quite achievable without side quests to come to think of it. Ok I feel loads better about this now :D thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom