• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Man, Always Sometimes Monster is very good, but man, gaining money it's a pain in the ass, just like in real life. And you need to do so in order to proceed in the game, it's atrocius.

It's not difficult just grindy, as much as the game is about "hard choices" it's real easy to play as a good person.

And for a game that advertised itself as being all about choices, almost none of them make any tangible difference. I was very disappointed with it =/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The first couple of games had puzzle sections(glyphs) that are pretty much gone now. I enjoyed having those bits.

They're in Unity...

...sort of, if you have the companion app. That's why landmarks are marked on the in-game map.

It's not difficult just grindy, as much as the game is about "hard choices" it's real easy to play as a good person.

And for a game that advertised itself as being all about choices, almost none of them make any tangible difference. I was very disappointed with it =/

That's disappointing to hear. I've been looking forward to playing it for quite some time.

milena87

They're in Unity...

...sort of, if you have the companion app. That's why landmarks are marked on the in-game map.

I've read about chests being impossible to open without the companion app. Now you say this...
How much content is locked without this companion app?

Knurek

Man, 2015 is gonna be amazing for Steam...
You heard it first here:
Sega brings complete Atlus RPG collection, Resonance of Fate and Skies of Arcadia (maybe Vanquish and Bayonetta as well).
Capcom finally ports Dragon's Dogma, and just so it doesn't feel alone, gives us Okami HDD and Breath of Fire Collection.
Squeenix delivers FF5, FF6 and FF Tactics, runs out of Android FF games to port, does Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest games as well.
Bamco releases most of Tales of... games, manages to sneak release Dark Souls 3 for Christmas...
Finally Koei Tecmo convinces GUST to port all of Atelier games to PC.
EA finally kills off Origin, releases complete back catalogue on Steam, gives free Steam keys for all of Origin purchases.

You heard it first here:
Sega brings complete Atlus RPG collection, Resonance of Fate and Skies of Arcadia (maybe Vanquish and Bayonetta as well).
Capcom finally ports Dragon's Dogma, and just so it doesn't feel alone, gives us Okami HDD and Breath of Fire Collection.
Squeenix delivers FF5, FF6 and FF Tactics, runs out of Android FF games to port, does Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest games as well.
Bamco releases most of Tales of... games, manages to sneak release Dark Souls 3 for Christmas...
EA finally kills off Origin, releases complete back catalogue on Steam, gives free Steam keys for all of Origin purchases.

What are you smoking? can I have some?
I'd be happy if one of those became true

Chariot

You heard it first here:
brb need to change my underpants

Tizoc

You heard it first here:

...and SNK finally gives us:
Garou_MotW_NeoGeo_cover.jpg

Also Psikyo games get put on Steam, 60 FPS 1080P+ GUNBIRD 1 AND 2 GET HYPE BEE-OTCHEZZZ!

Dr Dogg

The first couple of games had puzzle sections(glyphs) that are pretty much gone now. I enjoyed having those bits.

Well the first really didn't have too much side content (you were busy collecting flags and killing Templar Captains moreover) whereas II added the Hidden Glyphs and Assassin's Tomb sections which I really liked. Brotherhood and Revelations kept this up and introduced a time based training/upgrading Assassin management game but by III it was really getting watered down and all these systems where fighting for attention instead of having just a handful but really well done. I love some of the aspects and way IV handles things but looking back at II and Brotherhood it feels like something is missing.

Really I don't think I have one AC game as a whole that stands above the others. More than they each bring something to the table that I enjoy (some also bring things to the table I despise also). If you mashed up all the good bits I've had fun with over the years for the series that would be my Desert Island Game (as in the one game I'd take with me if stranded on a desert island).

They're in Unity...

I guess 'tap on the screen to reveal the glyphs then tap on them' is sort of a puzzle. That or puzzling. It seems like a combination of the Brotherhood Recruitment/Trading Post/Kenways Fleet mini game and some of the early Facebook stuff they did. I guess some folks have their wish as it's not in the base game anymore.

Arthea

You heard it first here:
uplay is finally dead and burried, M&M and HoMM are on the roll on steam
Konami remembers what Suikoden is about, ports all old games to PC and releases amazing Suikoden 6
All Yakuza games are now on Steam
All Falcom games too
Also we have revival of Wild ARMs and it is glorious.

edited: because of giddiness almost forgot NG! NG games, all of them

Knurek

Also Psikyo games get put on Steam, 60 FPS 1080P+ GUNBIRD 1 AND 2 GET HYPE BEE-OTCHEZZZ!

Oh yeah, oh yeah, almost forgot about those:
Crimzon Clover 2xx5, exclusive on Steam.
Treasure ports Radiant Silvergun and Guardian Heroes.
Cave HD ports, starting with Ketsui.
Active Gaming Media reaches agreement with ZUN to bring Touhou games to Steam.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
You heard it first here:
I like that you didn't put Half Life 3 on that list cause it probably would have made it look unrealistic

Well I had this really cool idea that I'm not sure I want to say anything about just yet but it was going to involve a lot of gifs and having to play every pigging game again. I thought while I was there might as well play them.

I'm not sure if you know this, but despite the name, AC IV isn't actually just the fourth AC game. Just a heads up before you kill yourself.

yuraya

You heard it first here:

LiveSelfishFoal.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
together with Lost Odyssey, Blood Dragon, Read Dead Redemption, Wheelman and I have this nagging feeling I'm forgetting something...
OH HELL YEAH, finally TETRIS!

I have good new for you: Blood Dragon is already on Steam!
I asume you mean Blue Dragon?

Shadownet

Banned
That's a painful way to die. Remind me of that scene from Freddy vs Jason...

Anyway its so sad that the cutscenes in Unity run worst than the actual gameplay which is already atrocious. Frequently dipping into the low 20's.

I guess the only comfort I get is that I can go back and play AC2, run it on 1400p, max settings and still get a solid 60fps. AC2 aged very well. I'm going to replay that while waiting for a Unity patch...or ten..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom