• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lenovo laptop ideapad y580 with core i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30 GHZ with 8GB DDR3 and a GTX660M . My native maximum res is 1366x768. My laptop struggles to run last-gen games correctly There are some versions in the same series Y580 having the exact same specs but with a FULL HD screen so the native res is 1080p. My friend has the exact same pc as me but the FULL HD screen. He claims he could run the game at 1080p with minimum settings. I dont know about our GTX660M is it with league GTX460 desktop or sth? I don't have the game for now to test it even with my native res aka 1366x768 and I doubt it will even work even at that res even with minimum settings. I read that people even with GTX 980 get some troubles to run it and those with GTX 680 (the minimul card to run it at low) have some issues to run it at 1600x 1050 res. I want to know if he is trolling or not and I want him busted because I doubt he could even run the menu of this game in minimum at my native res 1366x768 let alone his native res aka 1080p since we have exactly same PC but with different screens.
GTX660m is about as powerful as GT550, which is not powerful at all.

Shadownet

Banned
You won't kill anything in my name because you can't play tomorow, you can pre load tomorow. I'll still play Tuesday (I assume) since GMG should send out keys on Monday (again, I assume)
Oh I thought EU couldn't play till the 21st?

...but I'm not in Eagleland.
Or is that worldwide?
Cuz I'd make a female character and go for the lesbian relationship...once I figure out how to do that.
I'm assuming preload is worldwide. But if you check Origin, it should tell you when you can start preloading.

Is it possible to preload from Europe with some VPN?
Like I said, check your Origin, I think pre-load date might be the 14th also. If not... VPN? Might wanna ask JaseC that.

I'm really not a fan of the way Steam changed the community market a while back. It used to be pretty quick, throw up a card for the lowest price and it would sell fairly quickly. (unless it was an expensive foil) Now it seems like people are content to throw up super low buy orders and just wait. One of the cards I'm trying to sell has a thirty cent difference between the lowest price on the market and the highest buy order.

Milamber

I'm really not a fan of the way Steam changed the community market a while back. It used to be pretty quick, throw up a card for the lowest price and it would sell fairly quickly. (unless it was an expensive foil) Now it seems like people are content to throw up super low buy orders and just wait. One of the cards I'm trying to sell has a thirty cent difference between the lowest price on the market and the highest buy order.
30c is a big difference though.

Duplicate
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Patrician IV -- MB-F4C9B56DE734139A - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.

t1415872766z1.png

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Well, as a buyer I appreciated it when I decided to pick up all the Binding of Isaac foils the other day ready for the Winter Sale. Put up a bunch of buy orders that were a lot lower that the lowest selling price and with all the time in the world to wait ended up getting them all for a lot cheaper than if I'd decided to buy them there and then.

Bear in mind that the cards only have the value that buyers assign to them. Just because everybody's put them up at 30c higher doesn't mean that's what they're worth to people.

hepburn3d

Played Risk of Rain last night thanks to a generous giver :) loved it. Have no idea what you're supposed to do, how you're supposed to survive longer than 10 minutes but it's awesome :D the style and sound is really cool. I will probably have to watch a quick guide but I always like to jump in heads first and see how far I can get.

Also works with a controller :D so I'm very happy

Arthea

The funniest part about "buying orders", many of them are lies as I found out accidentally some time ago. I'm not sure how it works, maybe people have no money in their wallets, but it happened to me several times that I bought a cards that hundreds or thousand orders were already in place when I submitted mine.
So you basically can't rely on that info. When the difference in price is huge, check how many cards are sold and for what price that day to see if you have any chance of selling it. Usually you have no chances if price difference is more than 0.10, it's even true about foils, unfortunately. Oh you can get lucky, but I disregard that because it never happens to me (><)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone using Mexico Origin to buy Inquisition had their money refunded? fucking EA no way I'm paying 60 euros.

I was beginning to wonder if EA would start to crack down on cross-region purchasing.

Edit: Unless you're asking because you're curious and your order hasn't been cancelled.

Is it possible to preload from Europe with some VPN?

I doubt it (assuming Origin pre-loads are staggered, which would be stupid). Those who pre-ordered Unity from Origin IN had to wait until the game's actual IN release date before they could get their key.

Tizoc

Oh I thought EU couldn't play till the 21st?

I'm assuming preload is worldwide. But if you check Origin, it should tell you when you can start preloading.

Like I said, check your Origin, I think pre-load date might be the 14th also. If not... VPN? Might wanna ask JaseC that.

Gracias.

Arthea

That's sort of my point, I understand some people don't want to pay that much for cards, but I liked the market a lot better when I only had to deal with undercutting, instead of undercutting and lowballing.

I'm not sure it is only an update that changed things. There are so much more factors, the number of cards increase all the time, for example, unless a game is really unpopular or not available anymore. Then there is idle master to consider, easiness to get those cards. And then as I said, many of those orders of super low price buyers aren't even real.

Nope, they just issued a refund, the game isn't in my account anymore.

It's one way to stop crossregion buying I guess (><)

Raytow

I was beginning to wonder if EA would start to crack down on cross-region purchasing.

Edit: Unless you're asking because you're curious and your order hasn't been cancelled.

I doubt it (assuming Origin pre-loads are staggered, which would be stupid). Those who pre-ordered Unity from Origin IN had to wait until the game's actual IN release date before they could get their key.

Nope, they just issued a refund, the game isn't in my account anymore.

I was also wondering about the number of cards available. In the old set up I remember seeing pages and pages of listings for cards for all sorts of games. A couple of the cards I'm selling have less than 15 of them on the market according to Steam. Where did they all go?

Haunted

I think it varies from game to game. Trying to get value out of cards from a game bought in the latest humble bundle is futile, because the market is just flooded. Compare that to the number of listings for cards of new full-price releases or lesser known games.

I generally find that I can sell all my cards, even without looking at any buy orders, just the sell prices. Some are gone quick, some take a couple days/weeks to be sold, but eventually, they always go.

milena87

Yeah, my Origin says 17th per preload and 20th for release. I'll certainly try to use a VPN to play it before the 20th, but yeah, I'll need to check if it's possible to preload early (I kinda doubt it).

Ah, thanks Jase :)
I thought it would be so.

Milamber

I was also wondering about the number of cards available. In the old set up I remember seeing pages and pages of listings for cards for all sorts of games. A couple of the cards I'm selling have less than 15 of them on the market according to Steam. Where did they all go?

Hoarding for impending sales, of course.

Arthea

I think it varies from game to game. Trying to get value out of cards from a game bought in the latest humble bundle is futile, because the market is just flooded. Compare that to the number of listings for cards of new full-price releases or lesser known games.

I generally find that I can sell all my cards, even without looking at any buy orders, just the sell prices. Some are gone quick, some take a couple days/weeks to be sold, but eventually, they always go.

it works for cheap cards, not for new games cards, though. I have to relist them many times lowering price usually before they sell. Then again I could start low to sell at once, but if we can't make money off new games cards, then we can't make them at all (><)

edited: steam community is down?

Chariot

SEGA is like Twoface. On the one hand we have the fantastic surprise port of Valkyria Chronicles and on the other hand there is this weird Sonic thingie.

Will the game good, will it be shit, everything decided with the flip of a coin.
I get a chill down my spine whenever lashman use this. ;)
Whenever Lashman winks, a kitten dies.

Dr Dogg

Don't worry my ostrichised brothers and sisters I'm standing with you...
Although Great Britain and the United Kingdom? Come on Valve make your mind up. Either use UK or GB and Northern Ireland.

Speaking of Ass Creed, I'm half tempted to do something incredible stupid next year and play through them all again, 100% synch the lot and have a look at how things have changed over the years, for the better and for the worse.

Coreda

Rare/obscure emoticon drops can sometimes be worth more than the cards themselves. For the latest releases it's also easier to sell item drops at higher than usual prices, as there's little to no market history. I've bought some myself.

Speaking of Ass Creed, I'm half tempted to do something incredible stupid next year and play through them all again, 100% synch the lot and have a look at how things have changed over the years, for the better and for the worse.

Don't give Jase ideas, we might loose him for a few months.

Arthea

Don't worry my ostrichised brothers and sisters I'm standing with you...

Although Great Britain and the United Kingdom? Come on Valve make your mind up. Either use UK or GB and Northern Ireland.

that's not stupid
that's downright insane! (><)

Rare/obscure emoticon drops can sometimes be worth more than the cards themselves. For the latest releases it's also easier to sell item drops at higher than usual prices, as there's little to no market history. I've bought some myself.

true... but these are rare, meaning you have to be Jasec to get them at all, it's even less likely than selling expensive foils

Probably already posted ages ago, but Mount & Blade is free on GOG for the next 27 hours.

it was for the next 48 hours when it was posted, yes ;)

Coreda

Speaking of trades - is there any way to make a trade offer to friends out of your Steam wallet? I'll see someone has a card but it appears you can only trade items only.

That said, I'd likely be offering at or one cent below the market price :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finished Blood Dragon. Fun, but it lives and dies by the 80s motif, and when that wears off, the game gets old fast. I actually did everything and would advise against it, probably just doing the 8 story missions is a better experience. then again, the game would be like 1-2 hours long at that point and you would have no weapon upgrades or anything, so it might be hard.

well worth the 15 it came out at tho, not to mention the 5 bones or whatever most of us got it for from the various sales

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Miguel81

The first couple of games had puzzle sections(glyphs) that are pretty much gone now. I enjoyed having those bits.

SEGA is like Twoface. On the one hand we have the fantastic surprise port of Valkyria Chronicles and on the other hand there is this weird Sonic thingie.

Will the game good, will it be shit, everything decided with the flip of a coin.Whenever Lashman winks, a kitten dies.

It's nothing new don't forget about the "fight" between SoA and SoJ, so I guess they still must be divided and that makes the company kind of looks like schizofrenic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom