• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Ass Creed Unity is downloading a 300 mb patch, prolly 1.2.
Mine's almost 800megs on uplay, either way, woot.

No full patch notes available yet as far as I can see, but this is what they posted on their live blog

Patch 2 Progress Update

Yesterday, we let you know that we were working on our next update, which we’re calling Patch 2. Our team has been working non-stop to get the patch ready, and today we can tell you that we are currently wrapping up this update. We will be deploying it as soon as possible.

As noted in yesterday’s post, this patch should mitigate the following bugs on all platforms:

Arno falling through the ground.
Game crashing when joining a co-op session.
Arno getting caught inside of hay carts.
Delay in reaching the main menu screen at game start.

Note, the PC version of Patch Two will include a number of additional fixes, including graphical problems, such as flickering issues with nVidia SLI and AMD CrossFire configurations and improved performance in cinematic mode on low HW configurations, among others.

Full patch notes for each platform will be provided once the update is released. Once we know an exact timeframe, which will likely be different for the PC and console versions, we will post it here.

As always, post your comments here or click over to the forums to discuss this post in more detail.

-The Live Updates Team

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
SteamWorld Dig is a pretty relaxing game so far.

I really liked SteamWorld Dig - my only complaint was that the game was shorter than anticipated and at the end
the game just ends. I was hoping that the end-game would be like a free-roaming "explore" mode where you could just endlessly dig and sell, rinse and repeat until you have all of the upgrades.

Knurek

Hey Valve, whatever happened to freeware games?
There was a period of time where we got one almost every week (Heroine Quest, Floating Point, Sunrider), why not keep the ball rolling? There's loads and loads of good free games, having them on your profile with proper game time counting and possible achievements is never a bad thing.

Just make one of the non-sale (Wednesday or Friday) a Free Game day, add one or two games then.
kthxbye

Grief.exe

SteamWorld Dig is a pretty relaxing game so far.

I really liked SteamWorld Dig - my only complaint was that the game was shorter than anticipated and at the end
the game just ends. I was hoping that the end-game would be like a free-roaming "explore" mode where you could just endlessly dig and sell, rinse and repeat until you have all of the upgrades.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Steamworld Dig. Great little distraction with an excellent mix of polished mechanics.

Tizoc

It's Friday!

fKjFwoO.gif

I work Friday, Saturday and Sundays :V

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My favourite part about SteamWorld Dig is how the dev complained that PC gamers aren't real gamers who pay for quality only to put the game in a PWYW Humble Bundle tier less than five months later.

JaseC

Ass Creed Unity is downloading a 300 mb patch, prolly 1.2.

Yeah. Changelog:

################################################################################
Ubisoft Entertainment
Assassin's Creed® Unity v1.2.0
################################################################################
Fixed crash when accepting invitation in specific cases
Added NVIDIA technologies descriptions in advanced graphics page
Improved performance in cinematic on low HW configurations
Fixed various Graphic issues
Fixed various Input issues
Fixed various Multi-GPU issues
Fixed various UI issues
Fixed various Uplay Invitations issues

zkylon

zkylewd
Good thing they didn't make him TOO Arab I suppose. Nor did he have any apparent religious affiliations (Muslim) like the Hashashin did at the time.

They played it safe.
well i like variety and both the setting and the ethnicity are interesting to me so i hope we see more of both

it was so daring that they had to go "nah we just fucking with you all, you actually play another american white dude that is just pretending to be an arab in virtual reality"

well desmond had some middle eastern features before he got his face melted off at one point in ass bros development

Knurek

Oh come on, it's been almost 24 hours without an Ubisoft PR fuckup...
Has their marketing department lost a dare or what?

FC 4 appears to be good on consoles though, and FC 3 was great on PCs. The Unity problems appear to be a fundamental issue that runs across all platforms so I highly doubt there will be issues with the FC 4 PC version. Maybe just online connectivity/server/DRM issues.

FC4 is being ported by Ubi Kiev. The AC3 guys.
Of course it will have problems on PC.

Zeknurn

FC 4 appears to be good on consoles though, and FC 3 was great on PCs. The Unity problems appear to be a fundamental issue that runs across all platforms so I highly doubt there will be issues with the FC 4 PC version. Maybe just online connectivity/server/DRM issues.

Far Cry 3 was PC lead and developed in house.

Far Cry 4 for PC is ported by Ubisoft Kiev who are responsible for the PC versions of Assassin’s Creed III, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Conviction, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

And they also did Ass Unity.

So yeah... Far Cry 4 is a write-off.

JaseC

I went searching for a program that can open corrupt zip archives and found Zip2Fix. The UI colour scheme seems awfully familiar...

Zip2Fix1.JPG

Xanathus

Far Cry 3 was PC lead and developed in house.

Far Cry 4 for PC is ported by Ubisoft Kiev who are responsible for the PC versions of Assassin’s Creed III, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Conviction, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

And they also did Ass Unity.

So yeah... Far Cry 4 is a write-off.

AC3, Conviction, Black Flag and Future Soldier ran completely fine for me on PC (admittedly AC3 needed a computer upgrade but after that it was OK). Like I said the Unity problems aren't PC specific so there's absolutely no reason to believe that FC 4 is going to be bad unless you're just caught up in the anti-Ubi mob.

JaseC

Isn't that the changelog that got out a few days ago? I never saw an actual source for it, only bunch of blogs sourcing each other. Where did it come from and has it now been confirmed?

Ubi puts changelogs in various languages in the Installdir\support\readme folder. I didn't add the #s myself for a little spice. ;)

Parsnip

Ubi puts changelogs in various languages in the Installdir\support\readme folder. I didn't add the #s myself for a little spice. ;)

Oh neat. I only saw what was in the live blog. I hope they have a little more detailed changelog up at some point.

And everyone likes spice.

JaseC

oh shit this may be the first time that I dive into international waters for game buying.

Just have someone buy it for you in exchange for PayPal Bucks or something comparable. All you need is the key, after all, so there's no need to pay for international shipping.

Tellaerin

dem backhanded ways of telling people to get a life

Hey, if someone else wants to do that, more power to them. It just seems more like work than anything I'd want to do for fun. When I get a little free time, I'd like to spend it playing things rather than using it to categorize my library or buy list. That kind of thing is great if you're trying to meet deadlines for a big project, but I wouldn't want to try organizing my gaming that way.

Zeknurn

AC3, Conviction, Black Flag and Future Soldier ran completely fine for me on PC (admittedly AC3 needed a computer upgrade but after that it was OK). Like I said the Unity problems aren't PC specific so there's absolutely no reason to believe that FC 4 is going to be bad unless you're just caught up in the anti-Ubi mob.

I'm happy that the games ran fine for you but it doesn't change the fact that all those games had or are still having major performances issues.

At least this will hopefully prevent more people from prepurchasing it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hey, if someone else wants to do that, more power to them. It just seems more like work than anything I'd want to do for fun. When I get a little free time, I'd like to spend it playing things rather than using it to categorize my library or buy list. That kind of thing is great if you're trying to meet deadlines for a big project, but I wouldn't want to try organizing my gaming that way.

well i added a "<3" to let u know i was teasing you :p

personally since basically all i do all day is making spreadsheets and flowcharts and bugreports i don't mind it too much, so i love making lists like those

tho i wouldn't make one for things to buy or collect or whatever, i hate thinking of games like that

i have my list of interesting games and that's about it :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom