• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Oh, I need to explain it. Ok.
First, dev as usually promised free keys for all voters on Greenlight. Ok.
Then, he said the game would be free, no one need to pay for it.
So a lot of people just took out from the group.
Then, the game was released with a pricetag of 10€. Ehy, it's not free after all.
So people tried to join the group to receive thos keys...guess what? Group locked, so no keys.
Then, the way dev is distributing those keys: Steamgift.
Not all user wants join it, and even if you want, in order to do so, you need 100$ of games in your account. Guess what? A lot of people would be out of receiving those keys.

Well, it's funny :)

I see, so they tricked people to vote for their game to get it released and Steam and screwed those supporters.

sigh, when will those indie devs ever learn

The idea is that it'll serve as a news-centric source for those who are only interested in news.

Out of curiosity, what type of "news" will that thread consist of? Strictly Steam information, or will it, like this thread does at times, entail price drops and shout-outs from and to a range of sources and platforms? If so, why not just call it PC Gaming News Thread or something like that?

To be clear, I'm not being facetious. I'd be all for a thread of nothing but "heads up, y'all" at prices and games to look for, and still have room to hang around the corn-munity.

Oh, I need to explain it. Ok.
First, dev as usually promised free keys for all voters on Greenlight. Ok.
Then, he said the game would be free, no one need to pay for it.
So a lot of people just took out from the group.
Then, the game was released with a pricetag of 10€. Ehy, it's not free after all.
So people tried to join the group to receive thos keys...guess what? Group locked, so no keys.
Then, the way dev is distributing those keys: Steamgift.
Not all user wants join it, and even if you want, in order to do so, you need 100$ of games in your account. Guess what? A lot of people would be out of receiving those keys.

Well, it's funny :)

Thanks for the explanation. Still not sure that the last part is true. At best, it's highly debatable.

Alavard

Just looking at the quick look you can see it really is a reskin of Far Cry 3.

I think we've essentially seen that since the first reveal of the game, and I'm okay with that. I really enjoyed FC3, and if FC4 is nothing more than 3 with a better story, I'm in. Having said that, I will wait for a sale, as I did with FC3.

I've been thinking about it recently and I think I've developed a personal policy that after a good game, it's okay to have one sequel that doesn't expand on it much as long as it's relatively polished. By the time you get to the second sequel, the game has to evolve, I think, or I'm likely not going to be interested.

Just looking at the quick look you can see it really is a reskin of Far Cry 3.

So like all AAA Ubi-Games? I think that its a FC3 Reskin was pretty clear from the beginning.

I would even go as far and say that besides the main-missions in The Division a big part of the gameplay will be a collectathon.

Asgaro

Anyone know why Steam randomly decides to uncategorize a bunch of games?o_O Pain to get them back to place. On that note, I still have to find a good system to put my games. Seems I will soon have as many categories as I have games.XD

Are you even trying brah? ;)

To Play list:

to_play.PNG

To Buy list:

Jawmuncher

Another day, another VN game on greenlight by Sekai project

WAS -The Hourglass of Lepidoptera-

Thanks.
Voted for it like I do all VNs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also in VN news might not mean anything but Moenovel has a announcement coming on the 17th.
We know we've left you guys wondering for quite some time as to what Moenovel is up to next...
Heads up guys, for we will soon have an announcement coming up! Just tune in to our page this coming Monday the 17th (PST) to find out more!
It was accompanied with this picture a VN they already translated (But I guess is missing newer routes)
Might be them planning for a steam release.

One of the only longer VNs I have completed but I liked it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Valkyria dropped off the sales chart quite heavily, to be expected I guess, triple A games will be triple A games afterall (with their staying power that is)

Thanks.
Voted for it like I do all VNs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also in VN news might not mean anything but Moenovel has a announcement coming on the 17th.

It was accompanied with this picture a VN they already translated (But I guess is missing newer routes)

Might be them planning for a steam release.

One of the only longer VNs I have completed but I liked it.

Finally. Was waiting for a Steam version of that.

Valkyria dropped off the sales chart quite heavily, to be expected I guess, triple A games will be triple A games afterall (with their staying power that is)

Still in the Top 20 here (12). Better selling than the Farm simulator :D

Turfster

I see, so they tricked people to vote for their game to get it released and Steam and screwed those supporters.

Everyone that voted for this shit is part of the problem, tbh.

Phoenix Force keys added to Groupees BAGB10

Gamersgate has Rocksmith 2014 66% off

The-Bean

Does Dragon Age Origins not run very well? I'm getting 40-50 fps and it dips in the 20s at times. Any tips?

That doesn't sound right. Last time I played through, a few months ago, was with an i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz and an R9 280x.
Managed constant 60FPS on max settings, excluding only like 3 indoor locations where I think they messed up the optimization and objects were being rendered through walls. What are your specs?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Orborun -- MB-91FAF3975747A9AE - Taken by madjoki
Syder Arcade -- MB-D43D3F2F51B836DF - Taken by Locust
Deadly Sin 2 -- MB-9A38944020BC3FB3 - Taken by Lomax
Rage Runner -- MB-938F97BCA5B4BCFE - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Galactic Arms Race -- MB-AEC4D7EF06C140A7 - Taken by Tellaerin
Skyborn -- MB-2275D974164CAFF5 - Taken by Madn
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-D268C7B14906CFE3 - Taken by nature boy
Saturday Morning RPG -- MB-7B5B87E94210DFB4 - Taken by dave is ok
4 Elements -- MB-472DBD2F033F39B1 - Taken by nightstorm

Also, there's a copy of Metro 2033 available here.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Everyone that voted for this shit is part of the problem, tbh.

Phoenix Force keys added to Groupees BAGB10

Gamersgate has Rocksmith 2014 66% off

theres also a key for Luna Shattered Hearts episode 1 in the BAGB10, but I dont even see that game on steam (yet)

also, BAGB11 has a key for Why So Evil, old? I didnt know at least

Lomax

got off my lazy ass and registered on facepunch

SjhulGo.png

just too bad barely anything materializes....

More and more I'm less amazed by the size of Valve and feel like their stubbornness and clinging to tradition is holding them back, especially when it comes to Steam. I honestly hope sometime in the next year or two someone finally convinces Gabe to spin Steam off as its own company.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The important thing is that it exceeded Sega's expectations.

Matchew

My Specs are:
AMD Phenom IIX6 1035T
8GB Ram
GTX 750 Ti

Not the newest by any means but I was playing Borderlands 2 a few weeks ago almost max settings and getting a solid 55-60FPS. Dragon Age and really when I'm at the camp with Duncan it slows down in the 20-35FPS range. Thanks for the replies.

Annubis

My Specs are:
AMD Phenom IIX6 1035T
8GB Ram
GTX 750 Ti

Not the newest by any means but I was playing Borderlands 2 a few weeks ago almost max settings and getting a solid 55-60FPS. Dragon Age and really when I'm at the camp with Duncan it slows down in the 20-35FPS range. Thanks for the replies.

That should be more than enough to run to game at max setting with HD textures mods and no FPS dips at all =/

Parsnip

Massive Chalice extra copy from my Kickstarter backer tier. It should be valid now that the game is in early access. Good luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Parsnip, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Massive Chalice -- MB-B1F8F089C0E13D41 - Taken by Consequence. 55 entrants total.

t1415988811z1.png

8k keys doesn't mean immediate win. Also, as you said, asking for mail is illegal. Distributing keys through Steamgift is not illegal but shady. They could put on a site like Gurumin guys did for the other game. Because you know, for a reason or another, a lot of people would be out with Steamgift, as you can see by reading comments on that page.

What happened to Gurumin btw.? I voted for it. How will they distribute the keys?

Locust

Some old ass unclaimed keys. May or may not work, since ModBot had some trouble marking stuff as claimed.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Locust:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Necrovision -- MB-FEC4935358152325 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Arena Wars 2 -- MB-F91C24EC19CE1335 - Taken by cardinalmind
Major Mayhem -- MB-C899DD10C072B68E - Taken by Vazduh
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-2018EEC2B496DCC8 - Taken by anastef
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-0CFF82D8588023EF - Taken by redlacs

madjoki

Yeah but I wonder how will they distribute the keys? I mean I guess more than tenthousand people voted for it. How to make sure everyone will get their key?

Same way they handled distrubution for Robot Rescue Revolution and that rail shooter game? Simply login to a page using steam openid and it shows your key.

Turfster

GMG deal of the day Banner Saga 50% off
Bundlestars has a Paradox Weekend 75-80% off strategy games
Mac Game Store has Borderlands 2 Complete (almost) Edition 75% off

Parsnip

Here's some bundle stuff that no one took before.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Parsnip, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-96D5380BE88FFCF7 - Taken by 7Sins. 2 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-F5DDCDE6F447851F - Taken by Naked Snake
PAYDAY 2 Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks -- MB-B21C0CF727C4A1CC - Taken by KageZero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom