• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

The funny thing is I expected The Crew to be the biggest mess at launch due to the online nature of it and shackled to Uplay servers probably still using 9/14k Fax Modems. Actually it could still be but fingers crossed Far Cry 4 doesn't come out in a bad way.

Knurek

The funny thing is I expected The Crew to be the biggest mess at launch due to the online nature of it and shackled to Uplay servers probably still using 9/14k Fax Modems.

I admire the trust you're putting in Uplay IT department.
I'd guess they use 2800 baud modems connected to Commodore 64 servers.

An-Det

Did we already post life is strange?

header.jpg

store.steampowered.com/app/319630

Next game from the remember me devs

That sounds pretty neat, I'll need to keep an eye on that. I could have sworn the studio closed, too, so that's a nice surprise.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dat
Bloody Mary
on Wolf Among Us episode 3

edit: woot GMG sent my DA: Inquisition key, time to preload (assuming euros can preload today aswell, I havent VPNed yet)

edit: nope no preload yet, but im not sure if its even started for anyone

Dr Dogg

I admire the trust you're putting in Uplay IT department.
I'd guess they use 2800 baud modems connected to Commodore 64 servers.

Hahaha I've got flashback to War Games. But hey their communications issue could be down to still using Telex whilst the rest of the world moved on... like 40 years ago.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The funny thing is I expected The Crew to be the biggest mess at launch due to the online nature of it and shackled to Uplay servers probably still using 9/14k Fax Modems. Actually it could still be but fingers crossed Far Cry 4 doesn't come out in a bad way.

I can't imagine that demand for The Crew is particularly strong. I think Ubi's servers will hold up.

Asgaro

I don't even have time to play half the things I want to, let alone spending it on categorizing my library and wishlist like that. o_O

Yeah, I spend way more time reading about games than actually playing them. :-/
Every evening, the free time behind my computer I have I spend on reading game news, general ICT news, social networking, etc.

Gaming only happens when I still have time left AFTER all the reading, which in reality only is possible in some weekends. And in the vacation periods.

Also, regarding those spreadsheet wishlists: it looks like a daunting task but now I don't have to spend a lot of time with it anymore. Once you have a good basis (you added all your currently owned and wishlisted games), you edit it in increments and that takes only a few seconds.
I haven't grown tired of managing those spreadsheets... yet. ;)

Tellaerin

FUS RO DAH!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tellaerin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- MB-EBD82E5B901C8D18 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-CBEB95B2C915F06F
Metro 2033 -- MB-FE36F04DB894C2BF

t1415985691z1.png

fantomena

Far Cry 4 is the last game I pre-ordered, ever. Only reason I pre-ordered it is ebcause I loved FC3 and I can't stand FPS games on consoles, exception if they are console axcluvie like Killzone and Halo.

Fuck pre-ordering.

Tellaerin

Far Cry 4 is the last game I pre-ordered, ever. Only reason I pre-ordered it is ebcause I loved FC3 and I can't stand FPS games on consoles, exception if they are console axcluvie like Killzone and Halo.

Fuck pre-ordering.

Since when do you preorder anything? I thought you were drowning in review keys. :p

Parsnip

Some more info on the AssUni patch 2.

Notes for Patch 2

Improved performance in cinematic on low HW configurations
Fixed various flickering issues on nVidia SLI and AMD CrossFire configurations
Fixed various Graphic issues
Fixed light artifacts in PCSS shadows
Fixed problem with refresh rate on a first game launch.​

Fixed various Input issues
Fixed Crash during controllers autoswitch in Character Customization menu
Other keyboard/mouse fixes in several menu pages.​

Fixed issues with “Invite to game” option when it was becoming unavailable after host migration, when it was active for all recent players instead of only for friends

Note that even with this patch, players may still experience

Most framerate issues that have been reported since the release of the game
Performance issues

That's a little underwhelming.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol at Origin preloads being tied to regional release dates. Good lord what a clusterfuck of a service, and people really wonder why most of us want all our games on steam

Dr Dogg

I know Ubi Kiev are going to get ragged on now for a 50 page thread but I'd love to know the dev chain and how each studio communicates with each other. It's not uncommon for devs to focus on console version whilst outsourcing the PC version to another company. Squenix do it with their wester title to Nixxes and their Eastern ones have someone doing the porting work, Capcom have been using QLOC for a while on most of their PC stuff and a few others too.

Question is when and at what time in the dev cycle are Kiev involved? Do they get drafted on board at the start of development, when the main engineering and programing work is being done, in the middle of production or right at the end with the game near final build?

I can't imagine that demand for The Crew is particularly strong. I think Ubi's servers will hold up.

Well I guess either outcome will be surprising. The Crew being popular or Uplay surviving a game launch for once.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Parsnip, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Parsnip, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Massive Chalice -- MB-B1F8F089C0E13D41 - Taken by Consequence. 55 entrants total.

t1415988811z1.png

fantomena

Since when do you preorder anything? I thought you were drowning in review keys. :p

Last time I received a PC review copy from Ubisoft was for Blacklist and it did not work due to some Uplay bs errors.

I received a PS4 AC:U copy though, but I did not ask for any review copy for FC4 simply because I do not play FPS games on consoles except for console FPS exclusives and that if I ask for a PC version of FC4 it will be a UPlay code and the same problem which happened with Blacklist will happen with FC4.

TL;DR: Uplay errors with PC review copies.

Rhaknar

At that point it had only been out for a little over a month. That's not a terrible discount that early on

The real joke is going to be that the same game is only going to be 20% off this year.

Ghosts? it was already 50% off this year

Vuze

Last time I received a PC review copy from Ubisoft was for Blacklist and it did not work due to some Uplay bs errors.

I received a PS4 AC:U copy though, but I did not ask for any review copy for FC4 simply because I do not play FPS games on consoles except for console FPS exclusives and that if I ask for a PC version of FC4 it will be a UPlay code and the same problem which happened with Blacklist will happen with FC4.

TL;DR: Uplay errors with PC review copies.

Yeah, forget about Uplay PC review copies. The two I had received a few months ago have been removed from my uPlay account after a whopping three days lol

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ghosts? it was already 50% off this year

I'm willing to bet that the base discount during the Winter sale will be 20%. We'll get a daily deal of 50%.

Though Activision has been much better with discounts and sales lately.

zkylon

zkylewd
Basically another Telltale wannabe game.

i mean considering how many non-telltale episodic adventure games are out by now i'd say this is just no longer fair

unless you mean not having any actual adventure gameplay and most of the choices you make in the game being meaningless despite the game actually lying to you straight about it :>

Grief.exe

Far Cry 3 was PC lead and developed in house.

Far Cry 4 for PC is ported by Ubisoft Kiev who are responsible for the PC versions of Assassin’s Creed III, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Conviction, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

And they also did Ass Unity.

So yeah... Far Cry 4 is a write-off.

I haven't played any of those games, but the general buzz always seems negative.

Doesn't bode well for release, but rule of thumb should be never to pre-order Ubisoft games anyways.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
i mean considering how many non-telltale episodic adventure games are out by now i'd say this is just no longer fair

unless you mean not having any actual adventure gameplay and most of the choices you make in the game being meaningless despite the game actually lying to you straight about it :>

You're forgetting the part where they license an existing franchise to manipulate the nostalgia center of your brain.

I haven't played any of those games, but the general buzz always seems negative.

Doesn't bode well for release, but rule of thumb should be never to pre-order Ubisoft games anyways.

Conviction had a terrible PC port. Performance-wise, it's probably one of the worst ports I've ever experienced.

zkylon

zkylewd

generally you should never preorder anything

You're forgetting the part where they license an existing franchise to manipulate the nostalgia center of your brain.
uhh i dunno any about this

i only played the walking dead and thought it was super lame how they kept saying me "this here mr tomato will remember what you just told him" and 20 minutes later mr tomato gets eaten by a zombie because it was MEANINGUFL DECISION TIME!! and of course it was up to me to decide who lives and who dies. that mass effect way of handling choice of deciding between burning an orphanage and punching a kitty is just desensitizing, i don't like it at all

tales of monkey island was pretty alrite but mostly because the existing characters are so good already. at least this one had some puzzle solving in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom