• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I'm surprised you don't just have two categories:

Puzzle Games
Everything Else

(><)

I'm impressed with your Lexica dedication though..

I love my puzzle games, but for those I don't really need category, I remember them!
Lexica isn't bad or anything, though, also I got addicted to it, that's true (><)

Ozium

If you didn't care what happened to me,
And I didn't care for you,
We would zig zag our way through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain.
Wondering which of the buggars to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing~

ha ha.. charade you are!

Nabs

how long until the time the news thread goes up and the news thread gets locked and/or moved to community..

I give the thread 12 minutes before it's locked. I hope there's a giant gif that tells people to not post stupid shit early on.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of FC4, the reviews thread just went up. Lowest score thus far is 8/10 (Eurogamer, Videogamer).

Edit: It's still set to unlock in 4 days and 4 hours (i.e. coincident with the store update on the 18th), which I assume will be brought forward a bit for the US a la Unity.

Asgaro

I never had any issues with uplay, but I never had problems with GFWL either. I've lucked out

I just finished Blood Dragon for example, and the game launches uplay in the background and that's about it, it doesn't impact it in any way

Same.
Probably because most complaints are related to a Ubi game that just got released. So you can expect there will be problems due to high server load on U
Dont
Play,etc.

Pro tip: never play a game in the first week of its release.
But people will never learn.

L.O.R.D

I use the categorize to memorize what I played and where my priorities are.

jf3dCSJ8Zk99y.png

i like this method
i think i'll copy this

Nabs

Same.
Probably because most complaints are related to a Ubi game that just got released. So you can expect there can will problems due to high server load on U
Dont
Play,etc.

But people will never learn.

Uplay was complete shit for a very, very long time. It had nothing to do with server load.

Ozium

Same.
Probably because most complaints are related to a Ubi game that just got released. So you can expect there can will problems due to high server load on U
Dont
Play,etc.

But people will never learn

but I've played thousands of games just fine in the first week of their respective releases.

Pro Tip: If you feel like you can't play a game the first week of its release then stop paying $50+ to companies that produce a game you can't play in the first week.
But people will never learn

Tenrius

It stays. That is the whole reason it's getting created. One one community thread, one news thread, since we have those who enjoy the communtiy and those who are lost in all this community enjoying.

I wonder how this plays out then. As someone pointed out previously, one the threads will likely end up being dead. It's pretty hard to separate posting and discussing news from the community activities we're typically engaged in here.

r3n4ud

Can't wait for the hilarious Farcy 4 glitch montage!

I wonder how this plays out then. As someone pointed out previously, one the threads will likely end up being dead. It's pretty hard to separate posting and discussing news from the community activities we're typically engaged in here.

A steam thread would survive on the Gaming side if it's modded to the high heavens, like, as in, no OT talk whatsoever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can't wait for the hilarious Farcy 4 glitch montage!

Unfortunately it seems the game is held together by more than string. ;)

Edit: Reportedly the Uplay pre-load period began earlier. Here's hoping Steam's kicks off later today.

Durante

For folks like SteveWinwood who only want Steam news and no fluff like there currently is in this thread. Because you know, he has no time to read all the posts because of his job.
I have time to read this thread because of my job.

I'm joking. Mostly.

Chariot

And I argue that if anything falls, it will be the news thread. The community thread certainly don't have a ban on news. So it can have both, news and colorful discussion. In my mind it will be like it was past few weeks, only without some people who don't like the occasional off-topic.

Dr Dogg

I read GAF more at work than I do when I'm at home. I'm a mixed up creature
that and I'm not sat in front of a PC permanently like I am at work.

has a 'collection' menu. Will buy.

Those fucking Idols were a monumental pain in the arse. I gave up have way after the achievement for them popped up. That and fuck the underwater ones where it's set up to cause a crocodile or shark attack. What's going to happen in 4? Crushed to death by an elephant?

Monooboe

Speaking of FC4, the reviews thread just went up. Lowest score thus far is 8/10 (Eurogamer, Videogamer).

Edit: It's still set to unlock in 4 days and 4 hours (i.e. coincident with the store update on the 18th), which I assume will be brought forward a bit for the US a la Unity.

Ooooh this makes me very happy, I was kind of worried, since the AC3 director was attached to FC4 and now with Unity being that buggy I though I would be in for a disappointment since FC3 is one of my favorite games. Now I just have to try and finish Unity before FC4 comes.

Asgaro

I don't know why he didn't just say yes.

Which browser extension are you using to have a dark background on facebook.com?
(I googled the screenshot in case it was from somewhere else but it seemingly is yours.)

I never thought about having this feature on Facebook, but now that I have dark backgrounds on these daily visited websites:
- GMail
- Neogaf
- Gamefaqs
- Steam
- Youtube
it would be nice to have as many sites as possible with a dark background.
Save your retinas. Take action now. Embrace the darkness.&#8482;

edit: Thanks!

Jawmuncher

Which browser extension are you using to have a dark background on facebook.com?
(I googled the screenshot in case it was from somewhere else but it seemingly is yours.)

I never thought about having this feature on Facebook, but now that I have dark backgrounds on these daily visited websites:
- GMail
- Neogaf
- Gamefaqs
- Steam
it would be nice to have as many sites as possible with a dark background.
Save your retinas. Take action now. Embrace the darkness.&#8482;

I just use Stylish with this theme
facebook - dark-facebook 2 [a dark facebook theme]

Parsnip

If anyone wants 80% OFF Runaway A Twist of Fate and/or 60% OFF Broken Sword 5 The Serpent’s Curse coupon on Steam, hit me up. Seems like today was a "lets give out some adventure game coupons" day.

Oh, I need to explain it. Ok.
First, dev as usually promised free keys for all voters on Greenlight. Ok.
Then, he said the game would be free, no one need to pay for it.
So a lot of people just took out from the group.
Then, the game was released with a pricetag of 10€. Ehy, it's not free after all.
So people tried to join the group to receive thos keys...guess what? Group locked, so no keys.
Then, the way dev is distributing those keys: Steamgift.
Not all user wants join it, and even if you want, in order to do so, you need 100$ of games in your account. Guess what? A lot of people would be out of receiving those keys.

Well, it's funny :)

EDIT: Lol, I posted the wrong link, sorry guys.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Grass2014#announcements/detail/234513486268952377

This one is the right one.

Isnt Steamgifts more like Modbot-raffle?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yup, episode 2 of Wolf was awesome. Nifty little murder mystery going on, well, until the end of the episode. Seems like the next one isnt so detective focused, thats a shame. On with the show then

Jawmuncher

...but dat Elephant riding!

OLD

From medal of Honor Rising Sun
An 'unforgettable' Elephant riding section.
The most obviously impressive part of the level was the Elephant riding section, which takes the 'on rails' shooting element of the MOH series to a new ludicrously entertaining level. It's certainly a lot of fun, but we're not quite sure how tolerant Elephants are to the sound of gunfire (or being filled full of lead, for that matter). Next they’ll be allowing us to use their trunks to lob grenades. Ah well, all in the name of entertainment.

Greenlight needs a bit of care and attention to stop that kind of crap coming through.

There were just 2 people working for Greenlight and right now it seems they only accept "better" projects.

Devs promise free keys and get the votes through that. Its the same with F2P games. People vote for them because they get "free" games...

Chariot

Let's not fight over this again. There is a news thread coming and if it works, everyone can choose where to go or don't choose and stay in both. So no reason to discuss that again for now, right?

Kiru

Oh, I need to explain it. Ok.
First, dev as usually promised free keys for all voters on Greenlight. Ok.
Then, he said the game would be free, no one need to pay for it.
So a lot of people just took out from the group.
Then, the game was released with a pricetag of 10&#8364;. Ehy, it's not free after all.
So people tried to join the group to receive thos keys...guess what? Group locked, so no keys.
Then, the way dev is distributing those keys: Steamgift.
Not all user wants join it, and even if you want, in order to do so, you need 100$ of games in your account. Guess what? A lot of people would be out of receiving those keys.

Well, it's funny :)

I already got my key. You had to post your email in a thread in the group, I used a spammail. Valve locked the thread because it is against their rules to post emails in the discussion boards, but I was one of the people who posted early. Lucky I guess. Now you gotta join steamgifts.

Yes it is. But, as you said, since it's a raffle, not all voting users will grab a key :)
Also, another gem:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Grass2014#announcements/detail/234513486374987039

Nope.
The Giveaway will be restricted to group members only! - But we'll be giving away 8,000+ keys, so you're basically entering a giveaway that is guaranteed win. Sorry for confusion!!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Let's not fight over this again. There is a news thread coming and if it works, everyone can choose where to go or don't choose and stay in both. So no reason to discuss that again for now, right?

I dont think anyone wants to "go" there, thats not what some of us wanted at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom