• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
268x268.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=339048194
This game has been greenlit ;P.

Watching some of the videos Sekai Project has put out about this VN gives me definite weeb vibes.

Another day, another VN game on greenlight by Sekai project

WAS -The Hourglass of Lepidoptera-

And it's one that still has an ongoing kickstarter, which has already surpassed its initial goal by 300%.

Never Alone looks pretty and full of feels.
Kinda worried about gameplay, though.

It definitely looks like a game that focuses more on the visual design and story than on the gameplay. The gameplay segments shown so far seem to be fairly basic platforming and puzzles, so I'm not that worried about it.

That has some pretty neat looking games in it. Defender of the Crown and Lords of the Rising Sun look sort of interesting, and it's got the old version of Wings!
Games are:
1Quest (Desura)
Dragonsphere (Steam)
Fortis Rex: Rise of the King (Desura)
Freedom Fall (Steam)
Heroes & Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar (Steam)
President for a day: Floodings (Desura)
Sid Meier's Pirates! + Pirates! Gold Classic (Steam)
Train of Afterlife (DRM-free)

Well shit, I should have preordered it for a Steam version of Dragonsphere and classic Sid Meier's Pirates! I'll buy it anyway.

iosefe

Red Faction: Guerilla Beta Patch notes
UPDATE 14th November 2014:
Changelog:
- Added voice chat "push to talk" option. It's enabled by default and it can be changed in the audio options. It's binded to key "Z" by default.
- Added "Join chat" in matchmaking lobby. When using this option you will be joining RFG chat root.
- DirectX 11 is now default renderer. You can turn it of by -nod3d11 command line parameter.
- Changed minimum player number for Siege and Large Mixer to 6.
- Playlists order fixed.
- Locked achievements should be now visible
- Fixed save game names for the the Bonus campaign.
- Fixed mouse acceleration when driving walkers.
- Added ability to view Steam Gamer profile in leaderboards and in-game scoreboard.
- Changed "VIEW GAMER CARD" to "VIEW STEAM PROFILE"
- Stability improvements.

No that doesn't work at all, I was already playing with those settings when the patch broke the cinematics. The only thing I've read that might work is changing your sound to surround and disabling some channels.

Oh, then they broke something with the first patch (I finished the game before that)

Uthred

Onikira looks pretty ropey even for Early Access, it possibly has the skeleton of something decent but really doesnt look worth getting yet (which is admittedly the point of early access). If the developer delivers on their stated attempt to recreate DMC & Bayonetta in 2D it could be cool. But I wouldnt hold my breath for that.

Seeing all these older games on Steam makes me happy.

Now who do I have to pester to get this game released on Steam and/or GOG?

44921.png

Stronghold - Strategic Simulations, Inc. (SSI) - 1993

(I made copies of my old disks and still fire this game up in DosBox every now and again)

I played a crapton of this game back in the day. It's deadly addictive.

Building a city, raising units, and then having them wreck shop on the monster lairs is so satisfying.

Pain in the ass getting it to work on my 386 though. Extended Memory is the devil.

Been playing a bit of Sonic 4: Episode 1. What a mistake.
So many things wrong with it.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
So, it seems that like with the first Frozen Synapse you get two copies of FS Prime.
Somebody wants to split? would be 5€ for a copy

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So, it seems that like with the first Frozen Synapse you get two copies of FS Prime.
Somebody wants to split? would be 5€ for a copy

be careful it has the ! region thingie, not sure which regions its allowed in :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When the game is locked from cross region trading which countries can people from the EU get them from?

I know America and Australia and Other EU countries can trade but im not sure about other countries like Turkey for example

Everywhere that isn't Eastern Europe, South America, South-east Asia and Turkey. Generally speaking the US would be your best bet, but you can use SteamDB to quickly check how the US price compares to that of Japan, Canada and Norway.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I played a crapton of this game back in the day. It's deadly addictive.

Building a city, raising units, and then having them wreck shop on the monster lairs is so satisfying.

Pain in the ass getting it to work on my 386 though. Extended Memory is the devil.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only person in the world that knows that this game existed. I've talked about it in my usual gaming circles for years and everyone always looks at me like I'm crazy like it wasn't really a thing.

I really sucked at this game when it first came out (over 20 years ago) but now I've been playing it so long I'm kind of a pro.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
yeah, any clue to which regions i can trade this :p

i64fFfUuotq3L.PNG

And anybody want it?

I'll take it off your hands if you're giving it away. ;)

Edit: ACRTAG seems to play silly buggers with the bonus gift copies dropped from multi-packs. If no countries are listed then it's region-free.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I bought this from Fangamer, and it came with a free Steam key. Hope someone enjoys it!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-999F05D9B55518AA - Taken by WinterDemons. 9 entrants total.

t1415994811z1.png

Jawmuncher

Wow can't believe we never brought this up.

Another Husbando Steam game.
It even has 99% upvotes. But that 29.99 price tag (11 in russia) seems a bit much.

Another "I know where this is going moment right on the steam page.

--------------------

Also their other otome game got greenlighted

Which doesn't look bad either though the artwork seems a bit more creepy.

Does anyone here even like otome besides me?

Awesome game.

Indeed. I just started playing Rogue Legacy myself, and I'm really enjoying it. I quite like the combination of rougelike + gentle progression. Straight up roguelikes where you start from zero each playthrough are just a bit too punishing for me sometimes, but I like the feel of multiple retrys to get better at something over multiple runs. By unlocking gear and stats I can still feel like I'm moving forward with the game with my failed runs, which I enjoy. Really the only complaint that I have so far is those green platforms that you trigger to open with the down attack seem to have really tiny hitboxes or something. I swear that I've lost more damaged to spikes when failing to deploy one of them versus anything else.

Lol at the frenchy politicians getting pissed off by Assassin's Creed Unity. This is very serious.PLEASE READ IT:

https://translate.google.com/transl...unity_4523542_4408996.html&edit-text=&act=url

https://translate.google.com/transl...ution_4523940_4408996.html&edit-text=&act=url

https://translate.google.com/transl...roite-selon-melenchon_1621922.html&edit-text=

https://translate.google.com/transl...reed-et-les-jeux-video.php&edit-text=&act=url

They must be surely among the secret community of the templars of nowadays

Please someone make a thread about it.

Chariot

Also their other otome game got greenlighted

Which doesn't look bad either though the artwork seems a bit more creepy.

Does anyone here even like otome besides me?
This looks awfully like Diabolik Lovers.
Lol at the frenchy politicians getting pissed off by Assassin's Creed Unity. This is very serious.PLEASE READ IT:.
Wait a damn minute.
"This is propaganda against the people. The people is barbaric, bloodthirsty savages. And he that is our liberator at a time of the Revolution, Robespierre, is presented as a monster.
Uhhhhhhm~

Since when is anything Mélanchon-related serious?

I didn't mean the man, but the controversy he started. I know Mélanchon started this to get some attention to escape the "icebox" he is now just like Al Gore creating manbearpig story in South Park to get attention too since he is forgotten and he was super cereal. I was joking when I said serious since it is a hint to South Park Super Cereal XD. But not only Mélanchon has spoken but also Alexis Corbiere , the national secretary of PG (read first article) and maybe more.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dat moment when your SLI 970s cant do 1080p 60fps maxed. feels bad man

Metro 2033 Redux

Copons

dat moment when your SLI 970s cant do 1080p 60fps maxed. feels bad man

Metro 2033 Redux

Geez, really?
The couple of minutes of videos I've watched some time ago didn't seem all that power greedy...

Best not buying it then and pretend my 780 is still top tier. :D

Rhaknar

Really? How many fps are you getting?

40-50 but it drops to 30

Geez, really?
The couple of minutes of videos I've watched some time ago didn't seem all that power greedy...

Best not buying it then and pretend my 780 is still top tier. :D

the game looks gorgeous compared to the original, and the original was already a resource hog (but that was mostly because it was so janky). Just gotta find out whats killing the frames, its not "advanced physx" cause tht didnt change shit

tesselation maybe?

Turn SSAA to off.

off? how about 2X first (maxes out at 4)

SSAA is a real resource hog.

in this one or in general? if its in general thats good to know for the future

Rhaknar

there we go, 60fps with 2x SSAO... whoa, Metro at 60 looks...weird. Like, its supposed to look slow and janky damn it lol

good lord the game is pretty, original already was but damn

edit: tried 3x, imediatly drops to 47ish, so yeah, 2x it is :)

Might be by the same people.
No clue though I like VNs but I sure don't follow the scene very much.

I don't think it's the same artist since I have the Vita version of Diabolik Lovers and the faces look fairly different.
I imported a bunch of used Vita games in bulk earlier this year (lots of random VN mixed in) and haven't gotten a Vita to play them yet though, OTL

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
ModBot said:
Instructions for davepoobond:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (davepoobond, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Insurgency #2 -- MB-FD2FF9558121B97C - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
Insurgency #1 -- MB-FD2FF9558121B97C - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten (GOG) -- MB-31E2EF16E9FE0A2B

GOG Redeem page: http://www.gog.com/redeem

I dont know how this is going to work out since ModBot changed the insurgency giveaways to both be the same mod bot code. I have two copies of the Insurgency thing there, so if only one person wins both of those, then let me know if you want a copy of Insurgency and I'll paste the link to you after the raffle is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom