• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriitV

header.jpg

Damn it has the no cross region gifting tag on it :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Seeing all these older games on Steam makes me happy.

Now who do I have to pester to get this game released on Steam and/or GOG?

44921.png

Stronghold - Strategic Simulations, Inc. (SSI) - 1993

(I made copies of my old disks and still fire this game up in DosBox every now and again)

it didnt actually give me sid meier pirates btw, so i dunno whats up with that

edit: weird the store page calls it Sid Meier's Pirates! + Pirates! Gold (Classic) (as does groupees) but you only get Pirates Gold Classic, Sid Meier's Pirates! is a seperate app...so whut?

I noticed that too. Quite strange.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Sid Meier's Classics: Pirates + Pirates Gold -- MB-DC0C6C4BD498E9F7 - Taken by TheAutomator
Freedom Fall -- MB-7EBAFD60F03E38E9 - Taken by Kuroyume
Heroes and Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar -- MB-838D5FA05D3BB869 - Taken by Lomax

Also, there's a copy of Metro 2033 available here.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
groupees chat complaining about not getting sid meiers pirates! so I guess I wasnt the only one

edit: legodude clearing things up, oh well

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
groupees chat complaining about not getting sid meiers pirates! so I guess I wasnt the only one

edit: legodude clearing things up, oh well

check my post above, you do get the two classic pirates games as stated on the groupees page

edit: Rhaknar ninja editing again :p

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Seeing all these older games on Steam makes me happy.

Now who do I have to pester to get this game released on Steam and/or GOG?

44921.png

Stronghold - Strategic Simulations, Inc. (SSI) - 1993

(I made copies of my old disks and still fire this game up in DosBox every now and again)

SSI games are in licensing hell.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
check my post above, you do get the two classic pirates games as stated on the groupees page

edit: Rhaknar ninja editing again :p

so its only 1 game then? are both of them inside the 1 game? because all i have is this:

kponie.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Arthea

no steam news thread yet?

talking about games we can't have, I would buy Warlord games (by Steve Fawkner) and Dune again. I think I still have them, but not sure I can run them at all anymore.

C4rter

My favourite part about SteamWorld Dig is how the dev complained that PC gamers aren't real gamers who pay for quality only to put the game in a PWYW Humble Bundle tier less than five months later.

Maybe he wanted to make a statement with that :-D

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Whenever I hear people talk about Cinemaware games, they all say how great the graphics were for their day. Nobody ever praises, or even MENTIONS, the gameplay. Were these games all sizzle and no steak? Can someone please elaborate on how well these games played?

Wings was/is awesome (but I have huge nostalgia for that game), but I think the recent remake would be the better choice if one wanted to play it. I can't really remember the rest of them except Defender of the Crown and that game is OKisch but properly nothing you would play today

Arthea

"I figured I'd just cut to the chase and put the game in a bundle as soon as possible." ;)

to be fair, it was not a new game by that point in any way, most people already played it on 3DS, by the point it was released on steam.
or I'm remembering dates wrongly

tebunker

Banned
SSI games are in licensing hell.
It's a real shame too because there are just so many.

I know Interplay had them for a bit and the Infogrames/Atari and then Hasbro too. A complete nightmare what ended up where for such an awesome developer/publisher back in the days

Awesome game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheAutomator, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rogue Legacy -- MB-DCF77E6F25C225B3 - Taken by topyy. 6 entrants total.

t1415992471z1.png

When the game is locked from cross region trading which countries can people from the EU get them from?

I know America and Australia and Other EU countries can trade but im not sure about other countries like Turkey for example

topyy

DIG reBundle 3
$0.99 , Beat the average price and receive one extra key for each game

1Quest (Desura,Greenlit on Nov 7th)
Tiamat X (Desura,Greenlight)
Glow Ball - The billiard puzzle game (Desura,Greenlight)
That dick is trying to steal our gold (Desura,Greenlight)
Depth Hunter (Desura)
Deep Black: Reloaded (Desura)

Time to get rid of these spare keys

ModBot said:
Instructions for ReduxMachine:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ReduxMachine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Risk of Rain -- MB-FA5BA1A2C5B06C27
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-AEBD5C2AA03EE856
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-52A60F520D7BECC7 - Taken by KageZero
Metro 2033 -- MB-C8BEB1805C438BC3 - Taken by Driw3r

Free insurgency for any lurkers too
https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=kMWKXhtx43tPyne8

Xanathus

You can fix the SP cinematic sounds if you play on borderless window and disable vsync.
No that doesn't work at all, I was already playing with those settings when the patch broke the cinematics. The only thing I've read that might work is changing your sound to surround and disabling some channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom