• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Yeah, it's F1 and F2 by default. Rebinding is recommended.

I will take that recommendation.

Really hoping for an HD collection to hit Steam. I would like to try the series again, from the original forward.

Legacy Collection.

Don't look too much into it.

B2ccgn0CEAAq4DW.jpg:large

Interestingly enough, today is MGS3's 10 year anniversary and Konami has a PC-specific announcement in a few hours...
I am hoping for Legacy Collection on PC but this doesn't sound like a realistic occasion to reveal that.
Guess either merchandise or MGS3 related content for GZ/PP.

Deitus

To be fair, the climate back then was very different to today. And if anything, that post at least serves to reflect the time period it was made in.

People were
are still
really that doom and gloom about Nintendo.

Yeah, I didn't mean to sound so critical of the poster for making that prediction in the first place. After all, they were responding to a claim from someone on G4 claiming that Nintendo would get out of the console business and go third party after the Gamecube. So the response, and all of the snark included was completely justified.

And yeah, it seems like people have been making the same predictions about Nintendo for the last 10 years, and probably more. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I just thought it was amusing that they bumped a 10 year old post to do a "take that" to G4 years after they ceased operations. It would have been more timely years ago when they laid off all of the gaming focused staff and announced the channel was going to be rebranded as the Esquire network (or whatever it was).

People can get most of the multi-platform titles from the Xbox One and PS4 on the PC, and even some "exclusives" too, like the recently released Ryse. So it makes sense to recommend the Wii U with the PC, since Nintendo won't be releasing Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, or any other of their great games on Steam. You get the best of both worlds. Sure, you do miss out on some games, like Sunset Overdrive and Destiny, but those very well could come to PC next year.

Pretty much this. I have no doubt that PS4 will eventually be a platform worth owning, and Xbox One probably will be at some point as well. But right now, if you own a gaming PC, there are precious few games that would really merit purchasing either console, since you can play most every game on the PC. Wii U (and 3DS) and have significantly more games that will never come to any other platform. If you are looking to buy a console NOW (as opposed to in 2015-2016), either Nintendo platform is more likely to have games that you can't play anywhere else, compared to the competition. If you don't care for Nintendo first party games though, obviously you shouldn't pick up a Nintendo platform, just like you shouldn't pick up a PS4 if you don't care for Sony first party games, or an Xbox One if you don't care for Microsoft first party games.

If you are looking at a more long term investment, it's true that Wii U has some shaky prospects in the future, especially with no third party support (though it should get at least a few more heavy hitter Nintendo games), and the other two platforms are likely to be supported better over the next 5 or so years. But really you should just not buy any console yet in that case, and wait until the real system sellers drop. By the time either console gets enough exclusives to justify a purchase (probably late 2015 or 2016), it's likely the price will have dropped (though I guess XB1 has already had multiple price drops), and/or launch system hardware issues will have been cleared up.

didamangi

Got my first crash on Dragon Age: Inquisition, I suspect 2GB of VRAM isn't enough for Fade Touched texture settings (higher than Ultra) :D

Otherwise great range of customizable options and I can run it on fairly high settings at 40-60 fps. (3570K@4GHz, 760)

Some screens (put it on a link for some of you guys who didn't want to be spoiled for anything, it's nothing spoilery, just from the opening scenes that was shown on some let's play before)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/544135968732535182/5A56FA8CD6F38CCC80190F1A7F54A13223B530A6/
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/544135968732542060/39FCB523C585D733C90E3F6391FD1867A3ACF98F/
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/544135968732538148/521569030534E9DB3EAA7622CC2B81F4AD64A758/

def sim

You know, I almost made a new thread because this annoyed me so much. I'm glad I didn't. Although I might deserve ridicule. I seriously have no idea how I missed that.

Hah I enjoyed the delightful mspaint drawing, at the very least.

Interestingly enough, today is MGS3's 10 year anniversary and Konami has a PC-specific announcement in a few hours...

I'm expecting nothing at all to avoid disappointment.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah, I didn't mean to sound so critical of the poster for making that prediction in the first place. After all, they were responding to a claim from someone on G4 claiming that Nintendo would get out of the console business and go third party after the Gamecube. So the response, and all of the snark included was completely justified.

And yeah, it seems like people have been making the same predictions about Nintendo for the last 10 years, and probably more. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I just thought it was amusing that they bumped a 10 year old post to do a "take that" to G4 years after they ceased operations. It would have been more timely years ago when they laid off all of the gaming focused staff and announced the channel was going to be rebranded as the Esquire network (or whatever it was).

That's what makes it funnier actually: G4 has been a zombie network for the last 2 years and only just now received it's mercy killing. It was actually still in the air for the last two years, a holding pattern when they changed their plans with the Esquire network.

The poster made sure to confirm the kill before gloating.

But it's regarding Ground Zeroes.

Oh, my expectations are firmly grounded at zero.

all im getting from that poster is that they're going to announce the Zone of Enders High Definition Collection for the Personal Computer, coming in Early 2015.

There's just no other way to interpret that.

garath

Damn Steam 200 item listing limit. :(

I'm at 194 items listed. I have no desire to give Steam my SS# for the potential $10 or so I can make during the winter sale. Idlemaster caused me to create too many listings this year lol.

Sucks that I won't get to card sling in the winter sale :(

Phawx

What is the best way to see games on Steam that have a release date in the future. I can easily see a "coming soon" on early access, but that list doesn't actually see to have everything in Early Access that's coming soon.

Yakkue

What is the best way to see games on Steam that have a release date in the future. I can easily see a "coming soon" on early access, but that list doesn't actually see to have everything in Early Access that's coming soon.

Are you looking for something like this?
https://www.steamprices.com/us/upcoming
Or are you only looking for EA games that are coming soon?

Why is Deponia having 1.1GB update?
http://steamcommunity.com/games/220740/announcements/detail/199610590984247970 ? (all 3 games are getting this update)

Sanic

I have no exposure to Uplay up to this point but am interested in FC3. What kind of experience am I looking at? It doesn't look too heinous from a resource allocation standpoint. Is there anything I need to be aware of before buying the game?

gngf123

So, will the recent Deponia patches and Linux support make their way over to GOG?

I've got 50% off Frozen Synapse Prime if anyone wants it. Also 50% off Castlestorm and 25% off Whisper of a Rose.

fantomena

Nice, no point in upgrading my grahics card at least as of yet. GTX 690 runs Inquisition smooth with everything maxe dout on 1080p. And the official driver with SLI support has yet to come out.

How does the Target debit card work, and what do I need to apply? It's free right, no charges? I just want the Red Card benefits.

Trying to get 30% off Steam cards.

KiDdYoNe

Both store apps are new, that's why.

Yeah i remember that. The sub is saying it's "gifting lock"
https://steamdb.info/sub/53656/

So where's the truth?

That's what the region-lock is. The flag results in gift copies sourced from Eastern Europe, South America, South-east Asia or Turkey being region-locked at the activation level for international users (Eastern European gifts can only be activated by those in Eastern Europe and so on).

Edit: Bah, was supposed to edit this into my previous post.

Uh... now i understand... a bit more, lol.

Thanks Jase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom