• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

Could US GAF be so kind to hook me up with a copy of Far Cry 4? Would PayPal the money. It's not much cheaper than the EU price, but 10 bucks is 10 bucks. :D

PM me if you want help me out :)

Blood Dragon is almost offensively stupid, but it sure is scratching my Far Cry itch. I minmaxed the damage on my favorite guns, now nothing stands in my way as i try to stop some general man who is juicing on dragon's blood.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Friend me on 3DS. I got no one and I'm lonely.

2014-11-17_15-14-42.jpg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That's awesome. I'm not sure what's better, that they bumped a 10 year old thread to gloat over an incredibly obvious prediction, or that they were like 2 years late to do so.

To be fair, the climate back then was very different to today. And if anything, that post at least serves to reflect the time period it was made in.

People were
are still
really that doom and gloom about Nintendo.

Knurek

I'm rocking Sazh, Vanilla, and Light now. Am I doing it wrong?

I beat the game using Light, Fang and Hope.
Hope is the strongest RAV in the game, has great buffs as well. Just put a HP+1500 accessory on him with Tetra-Defense Crown and he stops dying so much.
Fang debuffs almost as well as Vanille and is a much better attacker and tank (SAB is required for many harder encounters).
Light is just damn fast, especially with Auto-Haste. Good backup healer as well.

MadGear

Dragon Age: Inquisition aka RPG of the Year unlocks in about 1 hour.

Bye Steam.

And i still don't know if I should make a quick "visit" to Mexico and get the game early/cheap or wait for it to drop in price (no way I'm spending 60€ on it or any other PC game). Maybe i should just replay Origins in the meantime and see how well that game holds up today, although that would probably only lead to my impatience growing further.

fantomena

Dragon Age: Inquisition might just be my favourite game released this year. Considering my expectations and relationship with recent BioWare games, that’s about as likely as Saturday night’s soggy kebab being my favourite meal of the year. I’ve spent almost sixty hours uncovering as much of Inquisition’s enormous open world and intricate story as possible, and as soon as I have a few days free, I’ll be spending another sixty or eighty hours seeing it all through new eyes.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/11/17/wot-i-think-dragon-age-inquisition/

Dragon Age: Inquisition might just be my favourite game released this year. Considering my expectations and relationship with recent BioWare games, that’s about as likely as Saturday night’s soggy kebab being my favourite meal of the year. I’ve spent almost sixty hours uncovering as much of Inquisition’s enormous open world and intricate story as possible, and as soon as I have a few days free, I’ll be spending another sixty or eighty hours seeing it all through new eyes.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/11/17/wot-i-think-dragon-age-inquisition/

Game looks amazing, I will get it eventually.

Let us know how it works with the Denuvo stuff.

In terms of a compliment console for the PC:
- Don't bother for X1 unless MS wisens up and stops putting exclusives on Steam.
- Don't bother with PS4 until 2016 at the earliest, it took PS3 5+ years to develop a good library, the way things are going its going to take PS4 a long time.
- Get a Wii U / 3DS: tons of 1st party goodness and you can find one very cheaply.
- Avoid a vita at all costs.
I find it fascinating how much WiiU/3DS get recommended here. So I looked at their games libraries and it is hilarious how lopsided it is. First-Party neither on Nintendo nor Sony/MS means automatically fun for everyone. It's very subjective and most important, very similar output. Most of Ninty's current games do nothing for me. Bayonetta has zero-zilch appeal. All the platformers/kart/smash would only matter as fillers during droughts at best for me as well. Mind you, it has nothing to do with the quality. If you're a sucker for Nintendo's output - and only theirs - then I could recommend it.
And the appeal of BC to play Wii games is also a bit dampened when you can relatively easy play them at better fidelity on PC.
The 60$ price mistake - only US sadly - is just worth it currently imo. I would recommend PS4/Xone much more. For the the next 2-3 years they seem like quite the cheap alternative for PC. I mean, there were many threads and angry posts about how PC and PS4/Xone cannot be compared but I recently watched many direct-feed videos of new releases and I am for the most part impressed what 400$ machines can output. Far Cry 4 at 1080p with very stable 30fps was impressive. Some friends of mine who were very much PC folks got pleasantly surprised at their consoles performance.
I'll still stay PC anway. Mainly because I buy late and cheaper than on consoles.
--
500+ games and I'm bored as hell. Ubisoft need to hurry up and fix Unity so I can play it.
What the heck? You had fewer games than me just a month ago and now you're more than double me already? When and what did you get so much stuff? o_O
--
Oh man.
Introducing Goat MMO Simulator. Free expansion for Goat Sim. Um. Watch this trailer:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/331380/?snr=1_5_9__405
Features
  • Five different classes: Warrior, Rouge, Magician, Hunter and Microwave
  • Complete dozens of quests, level up a hundred times and play five different classes that’s a ton of content you do the math, we all went to high-school well I didn’t I was too busy huffing paint behind the cafeteria
  • Level cap is 101, 1 level higher than you-know-what
  • Prolly not tons of content tho, but don’t hate be cool
  • Stay a while and listen to Dumblebore the Grey in Twistram
  • Faction warfare between goats and sheep
  • MMO simulation so good you’ll think it’s real
  • There are even elves and dwarves like in that movie
Wow. Just wow.
--
And I'm stuck at work for another 2,5 hours é_é
You always have the most unique emotes. I mostly don't understand them though, haha.
--
Huzzah, I now have a better p/t job. Roll on the the Winter Sale (though I'm sure Christmas will find a way to ruin things yet again).
Part-time huh? You were in the movie biz, so I guess fluffer?
;)
--
the game of the year is out and nobody is talking about it ?
http://jigxorandy.itch.io/game-of-the-year
(don't play if you're epileptic, for reals)
So weird. My mouse gets disabled completely once I start the game. Only touchpad works and I have to close and reopen explorer.exe from task manager to make the mouse work again.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Part-time huh? You were in the movie biz, so I guess fluffer?
;)

Haha, I have been trying to get a job at either of the two nearby cinemas, but thus far no luck. I'll just be glad to be working more than a few hours or so a week.

chronomac

I find it fascinating how much WiiU/3DS get recommended here. So I looked at their games libraries and it is hilarious how lopsided it is. First-Party neither on Nintendo nor Sony/MS means automatically fun for everyone. It's very subjective and most important, very similar output. Most of Ninty's current games do nothing for me. Bayonetta has zero-zilch appeal. All the platformers/kart/smash would only matter as fillers during droughts at best for me as well. Mind you, it has nothing to do with the quality. If you're a sucker for Nintendo's output - and only theirs - then I could recommend it.

People can get most of the multi-platform titles from the Xbox One and PS4 on the PC, and even some "exclusives" too, like the recently released Ryse. So it makes sense to recommend the Wii U with the PC, since Nintendo won't be releasing Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, or any other of their great games on Steam. You get the best of both worlds. Sure, you do miss out on some games, like Sunset Overdrive and Destiny, but those very well could come to PC next year.

I beat the game using Light, Fang and Hope.
Hope is the strongest RAV in the game, has great buffs as well. Just put a HP+1500 accessory on him with Tetra-Defense Crown and he stops dying so much.
Fang debuffs almost as well as Vanille and is a much better attacker and tank (SAB is required for many harder encounters).
Light is just damn fast, especially with Auto-Haste. Good backup healer as well.

I'll have to update when I get home. Thanks!

fantomena

Lol, from RPS about DA: I:

I haven’t enjoyed a BioWare game this much since Baldur’s Gate II and I haven’t enjoyed an RPG this much since…well, Divinity: Original Sin. Ask me to choose between them though and I’d throw sand in your eyes and run a for the hills clutching them both to my chest.

Dragon Age: Inquisition has not been released for my country (India)
some homo sexual reasons, is there anyway i can play on pc ?
PS: Origin giving me 404 page not found error on Inquisition buy page.

Alavard

I managed to get several more hours of Watch_Dogs in this weekend, and I'm really wondering why it gets so much hate. Now, the game certainly isn't revolutionary, and it's got flaws, but I'm actually really enjoying it overall.

While some of the hacking stuff really is just fluff that doesn't do much, I really enjoy being able to use my environment to my advantage and bring up barriers or burst steam pipes under the road and take out my pursuers. I also really love the use of cameras, being able to hack from camera to camera to gain more info about enemy positions or look for things to remotely blow up to take them out.

What I'm not so certain about is the story. I'm nearly halfway through it, and while it is not 'bad', it isn't great either. I feel like we were pushed into the wrong part of Aiden's story to start with. In the Assassin's Creed games, by comparison, we usually get to see the character get introduced to their abilities and life as an Assassin. In Watch_Dogs, it begins and the game is like 'oh yeah, by the way, you're an awesome vigilante for reasons. Also, you hack stuff, but you're not a hacker'.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Fucking hell Ubisoft. Your games can look amazing, but for the love of god please hire some decent UI designers. Don't just plaster the screen full of UI elements and then refuse to let me turn at least some of them off. Jesus christ. Seriously, I feel like half the time AC looks like this (on console at least, I presume the PC version also doesn't let you turn that stuff off )

qGTY8dhl.jpg

def sim

Fucking hell Ubisoft. Your games can look amazing, but for the love of god please hire some decent UI designers. Don't just plaster the screen full of UI elements and then refuse to let me turn at least some of them off. Jesus christ. Seriously, I feel like half the time AC looks like this (on console at least, I presume the PC version also doesn't let you turn that stuff off )

qGTY8dhl.jpg

You can turn UI elements off under HUD options.

It's been a long time since I have done this so I hope it works! Figured I'd give Juniors some love!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (outunderthestars, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-F2B73A8C32A0941F - Taken by x1tehbear1x. 4 entrants total.
Worms Ultimate Mayhem: Deluxe Edition -- MB-307E4F2F46C44369 - Taken by TsunamiOfSwagger. 4 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-240D56F4A925960E - Taken by darkchewie. 6 entrants total.
Worms Blast -- MB-307E4F2F46C44369 - Taken by TsunamiOfSwagger. 4 entrants total.
Worms Pinball -- MB-58C926993E6FB2BE - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-D1EA860A85AB2C68 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Superfrog HD -- MB-1AD2E18C4B43B8E0 - Taken by mwoodsoccer. 2 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-B9513C852043D1BF - Taken by The Reloader. 3 entrants total.

t1416249763z1.png

Parsnip

qGTY8dhl.jpg

You can turn UI elements off under HUD options.

Wait really? How the hell did we miss that? Jokes on me then, sorry.

You can also push and hold down the right stick to quickly toggle most of the hud on/off.

Chariot

This is almost like the awkward situation when somebody casually mentioned in the VC OT that you can lean and nobody else, even the people who played it seven years ago and those who played it multiple times didn't know about it.

Haha, I have been trying to get a job at either of the two nearby cinemas, but thus far no luck. I'll just be glad to be working more than a few hours or so a week.
Man, working at a cinema sounds fun. You get to watch movies for free and early. Free snacks and drinks. But there are bound to be unpleasant people, like many service-related jobs. Ah well.
Wish Amazon Turk was available in Germany. Need a job. Looks like winter sale's gonna be a no-show for me :/
Do you have any movie project to show yet btw?
--
People can get most of the multi-platform titles from the Xbox One and PS4 on the PC, and even some "exclusives" too, like the recently released Ryse. So it makes sense to recommend the Wii U with the PC, since Nintendo won't be releasing Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, or any other of their great games on Steam. You get the best of both worlds. Sure, you do miss out on some games, like Sunset Overdrive and Destiny, but those very well could come to PC next year.
Yeah, for people having multiple systems maybe, if they're into Nintendo stuff. But the diversity in exclusives at Nintendo is just not there compared to the others for me.

Turfster

Wickland keys are now available for Groupees BAGB9

South Park The Stick of Truth is 60ish% off on Amazon UK (11.6£) (Also some other Ubi stuff is discounted but it's mostly Uplay keys)

Sniper Elite V3 is 60% off on Amazon US

GMG's new deal of the day is Sonic Ultimate Pack is 75% off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom