• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

my GF currently lives in Venezuela and we're working future things out so in the meantime we spend the money we save on traveling

Milamber

*pft* Vacations. I encash those vacation days and round trip plane tickets every year as PC upgrades and game stuff expenses. I haven't gone on a vacation for over 3 years now. Helped pay off my car in 3 years and get a new PC last year.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Binding of Isaac is the best thing since Spelunky on Vita though, so you missed out Salsa

Shadownet

Banned
*pft* Vacations. I encash those vacation days and round trip plane tickets every year as PC upgrades and game stuff expenses. I haven't gone on a vacation for over 3 years now.
Who need to go on vacations when you have 3TB full of sexy games and Brazzers gifs. Amirite Milamber?

BorntoPlay

Vita's were surprisingly cheap in Venezuela but yeah, ended up buying tons of Rum instead

there is nothing cheap for Venezuelans who live in the country and get a salary in bolivars, we have one of the highest inflation in the region and our economy is in decline ...

Chariot

My vacations are community meet-ups. (or rather one parcticular community meet-up). Travelling is so bothersome and expensive if you want to reduce the bother to a reasonable level. Maybe when I'm finally rich and powerful.

Salsa

there is nothing cheap for Venezuelans who live in the country and get a salary in bolivars, we have one of the highest inflation in the region and our economy is in decline ...

right. I meant by selling them black market dollars

it's coming to 3ds

ilovethis.gif

Milamber

oh god, were you the one who made Nintendo kill SwapNote?

Just because I want to be friends with little girls, doesn't mean I'm a pedophile.

I didn't know she was 8. She lied about her age.

How else am I gonna get Streetpasses. From elementaries, of course.

etc...

Milamber

I was not online in the 3DS until after they removed SwapNote.

EDIT: I'm finally going back home tomorrow so I can play my Valkyria Chronicles again.

Arthea

some impressions

I finished Strata last week. Very much recommend it. A nice puzzle game, only one downside, they shouldn't have repeated 3x3 puzzles in later levels, those are too easy.

Crazy Plant Shop, genetics the game (><)
This little game is surprisingly good, although fairly simple, I hope they expand on idea in their next game. You manage your plant shop while making plants with genetic traits your customers want. A game is about one hour long, maybe two at most, but it has one killer achievement that is awful at impossibility and boredom of ways of getting it. I've spent something like 7 hours trying to get it, regret every minute of it, I wish I can go back in time and talk me out of doing it. (><)

dex3108

Damn SteamGaf i am not impressed with next-gen version of GTA V :( Pop in is still noticeable, FP mode is pointing to low res textures and low poly model more than TP mode, lightning is not impressive (except during sunrise and sunset), car and pedestrian density is more/less same as it was on last-gen. I hope they will make PC version better.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Damn SteamGaf i am not impressed with next-gen version of GTA V :( Pop in is still noticeable, FP mode is pointing to low res textures and low poly model more than TP mode, lightning is not impressive (except during sunrise and sunset), car and pedestrian density is more/less same as it was on last-gen. I hope they will make PC version better.

It's not surprising since the PS4/XboxOne are little more than low end laptops. Rockstar is promising a decent port and some unique features for the PC release.

dex3108

It's not surprising since the PS4/XboxOne are little more than low end laptops. Rockstar is promising a decent port and some unique featurs for the PC release.

I mean why does it matter if it will be 4K compatible if textures will be low res. HBAO+ and a bit of tessellation would be great improvement too. But we will see.

Grief.exe

I mean why does it matter if it will be 4K compatible if textures will be low res. HBAO+ and a bit of tessellation would be great improvement too. But we will see.

Rendering at significantly higher resolutions improves asset quality to a degree, but we do have to take into account the origins of the game. GTAV was an open-world game originally released on last-gen consoles, some lower quality assets are par for the course.

Max Payne 3 was a fantastic port. Have faith ;)

This is what I'm hoping we can set the precedent with.

dex3108

Rendering at significantly higher resolutions improves asset quality to a degree, but we do have to take into account the origins of the game. GTAV was an open-world game originally released on last-gen consoles, some lower quality assets are par for the course.

I know but i am spoiled with next-gen/PC games now :D But we will see, maybe R* will surprise us in January.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

The fidelity of GTAV is determined by the limitations of the hardware. R* might still decide to improve textures for the PC release. Additionally, they are also promising a video editor.

With such a short statement, wouldn't it have made more sense to just copy/past or rewrite the text instead of quoting yourself?

Knurek

If i need to choose i would choose HBAO+ before better textures for sure :D

I never understood what is it exactly that people see in AO.
It's like, cutting your framerate in half (at least) for slightly darker shadows (in select places).
First thing I downgrade/disable whenever I'm optimizing performance...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's like, cutting your framerate in half (at least) for slightly darker shadows (in select places).

It adds depth to a scene. It looks incredible in the Ubisoft games that have it implemented.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
There's a good chance texture mods for GTAV will be viable right out of the gate, since there's apparently texture modding tools for Max Payne 3 already.

So, maybe there'll be some nice ones by the time GTAV goes on sale for ten bucks. Just like Resident Evil 4.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With such a short statement, wouldn't it have made more sense to just copy/past or rewrite the text instead of quoting yourself?

I always have this thread open, so it was just a matter of clicking "Quote" and cutting/pasting the text, replacing "Steam version" with "Far Cry 4" for the sake of clarity.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
If i need to choose i would choose HBAO+ before better textures for sure :D

If you have a Nvidia card, you can force HBAO+ via the NVIDIA control panel; regardless of the game developers choosing to implement native support.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-331-40-beta-drivers-released

(Details are halfway down the page. Sorry for the formatting, I'm on mobile.)

I always have this thread open, so it was just a matter of clicking "Quote" and cutting/pasting the text, replacing "Steam version" with "Far Cry 4" for the sake of clarity.

Ah, I see. Nevermind then. :)

damn son, dat your low end!
Rockstar and a decent port in the same sentence too? (><)

Saudirainingmoneyonfemalehost.gif

Spindoctor already mentioned the MP3 port and the expectations it set.

dex3108

Good AO can really improve game visually. HBAO+ in ACU takes only 1-3 FPS and it looks amazing.

Deitus

That's awesome. I'm not sure what's better, that they bumped a 10 year old thread to gloat over an incredibly obvious prediction, or that they were like 2 years late to do so.

Either way, I love that name/tag combo:

Justin Bailey
------ ------
(Yesterday, 08:01 PM)

The fidelity of GTAV is determined by the limitations of the hardware. R* might still decide to improve textures for the PC release.

I wouldn't get your hopes up into thinking that Rockstar cares about the PC platform. But if GTAIV is any indication, you will at least have modders who will put out all sorts of improved textures and other visual improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom