• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

Played a short bit of Arkham Blackgate and actually liked what I saw. Why did people say it was a bad game again?

I haven't played but the expectations were pretty high since it's from the former Metroid Prime devs.

Also, maybe it falls apart later. Tough to tell early on with a Metroidvania.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This man knows what's up.

Btw jshackles, I think I encountered a glitch in enhanced steam. or maybe just steam in general. When I'm in browsing Steam on Chrome some content shows up as not owned even though I do have them. But everything is fine if I'm using Steam itself.

From Chrome.

From Steam.

Just saw this and... that's really strange. When the new store rolled out, I re-wrote Enhanced Steam's highlighting engine to work with Steam's default "in-library" and "on-wishlist" tags. So Enhanced Steam will now literally only highlight things in which Steam itself marks as "in library". This is done to cut down on needlessly calling the API since the data is no present on the page.

So it's definitely not an issue with Enhanced Steam that would cause this. Are you sure you're logged in to the same account in both places?

Some Halloween leftovers. I want all of this gone by morning - I don't even mind if one person takes everything.

ModBot said:
Instructions for crazyrabbits:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys and 4 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

vRvbDCu.png
Mass Effect 3 M-90 Sniper Rifle DLC (Origin) -- MB-F39F88755F1C1A18 - Taken by GaussTek
Space Hack -- MB-9C4324C974799E6C - Taken by factorone
Space Trader Merchant Marine -- MB-2AC3596D7C502667 - Taken by cardinalmind
Metal Planet -- MB-906D4071168A032C - Taken by agniswarm
ulgzbKC.png
Duplicity: Beyond the Lies (Desura) -- MB-CB7304CC3C3132AB
ulgzbKC.png
SanctuaryRPG (Desura) -- MB-C902F44ED4ADB651 - Taken by Popstar
RIFT Humble Starter Pack -- MB-8AB4F9CADC57A8C5 - Taken by realwords
Vilagers and Heroes Stormhold DLC #2 -- MB-96B63925A888A5DD
Haegemonia: The Solon Heritage -- MB-3E088B1430B443A3 - Taken by Catshade
Huntsman The Orphanage #1 -- MB-FFA15C535F777409 - Taken by -Cade
Huntsman The Orphanage #2 -- MB-9DC4E531488B6D44 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Ultimate_Trainer
Weird Worlds Return to Infinite Space -- MB-C01F663C92FF8177 - Taken by cardinalmind
Landmark Closed Beta Trial -- MB-DAE227BDE04F751A
Villagers & Heroes Stormhold DLC -- MB-B6790BBD345D415D
PGP3OVL.png
Aliens Versus Predator Classic (GOG) -- MB-F6B3904805C8AEA4 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by bobnowhere

Shadownet

Banned
Just saw this and... that's really strange. When the new store rolled out, I re-wrote Enhanced Steam's highlighting engine to work with Steam's default "in-library" and "on-wishlist" tags. So Enhanced Steam will now literally only highlight things in which Steam itself marks as "in library". This is done to cut down on needlessly calling the API since the data is no present on the page.

So it's definitely not an issue with Enhanced Steam that would cause this. Are you sure you're logged in to the same account in both places?

Lol yes, I only have one account. yeah I wasn't sure if it was an issue with ES or not. But I just wanted to let you know in case it was.

MattyG

Banned
"I'm so rich, it's extraoooooooooordinary!"

It definitely has some creepy S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-ish vibes for a while, but the humor is totally there to help balance it out. I didn't think the game really stayed strong through to the end, but it absolutely nailed the "relentlessly british" thing.
YES. I knew there was a game that it felt tonally (and even a little mechanically) similar to, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

I've only played 40 minutes or so, so I'm guessing I just haven't seen the humor yet. I definitely see the British thing already though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase stays going hard for that steam collection of his. Im so jelly of the guy who won family sharing with his acc.

I've had a couple of people ask if they can use it to play something, which I'd be okay with, but I can't really fit in a third person with how Family Sharing currently works.

Also I didnt know that RE4 doesnt support family sharing, it doesnt even give a warning on the store page. Thats really annoying

It does, but I'm having the same issue with RE Revs also. I tried de-authorising and re-authorising the account to no success.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's 80% off during the Halloween sale right now, only $3.99, well worth it I would say.
hmm that does sound like a fair price

i'll think about it

everything sounds less appealing when i remember it costs money

tho name dropping stalker makes it pretty tempting

hmm decisions decisions

Yukichigai Unofficial Patch. I prefer this over JSawyer. YUP atleast is compatible off the bat with other mods while JSawyer completely changes values and makes the game much harder to survive the wasteland, it also has a ton of compatibility issues with other mods.
oh this didn't exist back when i was playing nv

sounds alright

i generally do project nevada rather than jesawyer's anyways

It's not better than RDR, keep that in mind.
huh i don't think i'm really wondering how it matches to rdr tho

Playing Aliens made me remember why I don't play thriller games. I'm a scaredy cat.

Feel like my blood pressure would go nuts while playing this game.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Playing Aliens made me remember why I don't play thriller games. I'm a scaredy cat.

Feel like my blood pressure would go nuts while playing this game.

PROTIP: Run everywhere to get through the game faster and avoid tense situations.

Morning guys, anything happened in the last 8 hours?
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Into The Dark -- MB-D720A83D08EEE9CA - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Larva Mortus -- MB-0028E5C281B2ED67 - Taken by sensoft04

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Lol yes, I only have one account. yeah I wasn't sure if it was an issue with ES or not. But I just wanted to let you know in case it was.

Alright, thanks for the report. I'm not really sure what the issue is, to be honest. If you disable Enhanced Steam temporarily in Chrome, is the issue resolved?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like my SSD decided to kick the bucket overnight. Using a regular HDD for Windows is going to be a hellish experience.

jshackles

Only 41 inventory pages of bad rats? What a lightweight.

Yeah, only about 1,000 copies. Even at $0.24 each, that's $240 worth of rats. I'm impressed.

jshackles

Who the hell needs 1,004 copies of Bad Ratz?? Even at 25 cents a pop that's over $250 worth of Bad Ratz o_o

The more impressive part is that your account gets locked out for 1 hour after making 10 purchases. And you can't buy multiple copies of the same game. This must have taken some time, and a hell of a lot of dedication. At a minimum, 100 hours.

The more impressive part is that your account gets locked out for 1 hour after making 10 purchases. And you can't buy multiple copies of the same game. This must have taken some time, and a hell of a lot of dedication. At a minimum, 100 hours.

Wow, I never knew that (since I never bought 10 games at once :p). Why do they do that? To prevent what?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Looks like my SSD decided to kick the bucket overnight. Using a regular HDD for Windows is going to be a hellish experience.

You should try using my "laptop"
Is bad rats one of those bad, ironically enjoyed games taken on by forums?

I don't think anyone actually enjoys it. It kinda just gets passed around by people, 99.9% of the time it just sits in people's libraries unplayed.

A little of both. I'm a proud owner, though.

Tellaerin

...you know, I shouldn't even bother talking about RPGs anymore. I think I'm probably better off just keeping my opinions to myself.

zkylon

zkylewd
crazy people celebrating in front of my house are giving me a headache -_-

lady stop yelling please

well did everything following this post for dmc3, plays fine now!

everything is coming up milhouse

can you still launch the game from steam and everything?

i'd be interested in playing dmc3 again maybe if it worked without too much hassle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom