• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Huge OT: I'm about to go to the cat shelter to finally (after several weeks of health issues) take a lil sister for the girl you all know and love thanks to my avatar.
Tension rising. Hopefully I'll come back here in a couple of hours with an updated avatar. :)

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Huge OT: I'm about to go to the cat shelter to finally (after several weeks of health issues) take a lil sister for the girl you all know and love thanks to my avatar.
Tension rising. Hopefully I'll come back here in a couple of hours with an updated avatar. :)

Good Luck!

Arthea

Murdered: Soul Suspect is surprisingly good. I give it a definite buy at the current price.

b bu but it's still 10€!
I'll wait some more and I hope SE will include it in their Xmas package, naively

I spent the afternoon test driving new cars.

Xmas Sale may be lean this year in the Man Puncher household.

you know, you really should have steam id in your profile, as I assume your steam name is different. You would have been one game richer if you did so, just telling ;)

Ozium

should i get rebirth preorder if I like isaac but never got all the achievements in the original?

shouldnt I really just finish the original first?

kudoboi

b bu but it's still 10€!
I'll wait some more and I hope SE will include it in their Xmas package, naively

you know, you really should have steam id in your profile, as I assume your steam name is different. You would have been one game richer if you did so, just telling ;)

oh god i just realized how disturbing your profile is.... is that a heart?!

zkylon

zkylewd
nice

cats are awesome

Murdered: Soul Suspect is surprisingly good. I give it a definite buy at the current price.

aren't you just saying that cos you can't help but love men in vests

She's 20, I think.
still depressing

yea but then you get added by a bunch of weirdos

you just can't win in this game

Majukun

Question about Dead Island multiplayer...

What does this quest won't be written to your profile mean?

i don't have the game,but it sounds like you are not gonna make progress for your own quest when you join someone else's.
basically you are there as an aid but not making progress on your own

Dr Dogg

Hasn't there been close to 1,000 new 'releases' on Steam this year? Might make GOTY voting a bit chaotic. Though I doubt Actua Soccer 3 is going to chart high on most peeps lists (although Barry Davis is still the best footy comentator to grace a mic).

Off topic, on topic musing, I used to be able able to play a few songs on the piano providing I wrote down where the keys where. Always remembered by the dog having two ears.

I liked it, well bar the shitty peak-a-boo encounters that were quicker to restart than use the game mechanics if you get caught.

aren't you just saying that cos you can't help but love men in vests

You have to admit, the tats and vest combo really seal the deal. And continuous phantom ciggie smoking just elevates it to god tier.

I liked it, well bar the shitty peak-a-boo encounters that were quicker to restart than use the game mechanics if you get caught.

Oh yeah, the "gameplay" parts are arse. It's really a hidden object game in ots tpp with a fun storyline, though even that gets annoying at times if you know the history of the setting.

Sarcasm

i don't have the game,but it sounds like you are not gonna make progress for your own quest when you join someone else's.
basically you are there as an aid but not making progress on your own

That is what I thought. Thanks.

Also sucks I have to downgrade sound to get rid of static in this game.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really wish you could make more than one wishlist

i feel like i don't want half the stuff in there anymore but i still kind of really want to be reminded it exists every now and then

i'm difficult

You have to admit, the tats and vest combo really seal the deal. And continuous phantom ciggie smoking just elevates it to god tier.
oh no dude i'm right behind ya

and we didn't even mention the fedora

that guy is just too much for anyone with hormones to handle

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Cozmogramma, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cozmogramma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Half-Life 2 -- MB-6D7E8915D4D52B6A - Taken by Majukun. 12 entrants total.
Half-Life 2 Episode 1 -- MB-C843AFD0344FE00C - Taken by Asharakk. 6 entrants total.

t1414926258z1.png

[Fun fact: For her role in Byzantium, she learned how to play Beethoven's Piano Sonata Op. 2, No. 3 in 12 weeks.

So not only is she cute, she can also play some classsical music on the piano?
Maybe she likes cats as well?
I would like to have a girlfriend like her.

Cats are awesome, you're doing wellsomething good.

By the way, are you sure the newcomer will get along with your cat?
Maybe you should pick a cat with a matching personality.

Arthea

forgot to mention qbqbqb, played it yesterday some, it's not exactly super hexagon, but rotating things while thingies that drop shrink, can be mighty frustrating if you wanna drop them to the certain spot, it probably takes time to master, a nice little game though, not relaxing, no (><)

Arthea

oh hi
How is that alchemy game which is not on steam, because we are not ready for it yet, called?
I probably will buy it, if it's available anywhere

edited: all credit to creepiness of my avatar (which is great btw) goes to yakkue

Here's another batch of Evolve Alpha keys, in case someone here does not have one yet.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gianni Merryman:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Evolve Alpha #4 -- MB-A9A79F3A7CCE1295
Evolve Alpha #3 -- MB-F4F11C5CAF1B600D
Evolve Alpha #2 -- MB-9EE9B7DFEE18106B
Evolve Alpha #1 -- MB-C3256FD47A46D529

t1414924878z1.png

Arthea

There's a Squeenix Halloween Package at their site which has T0Mb R4ider, Thi4f and Murder3d for 19,99

ya, I noticed, but I have TR, so it's not worth for me.

edited: basically the problem with this package is that everybody at this point already owns TR (><)

Milamber

oh hi
How is that alchemy game which is not on steam, because we are not ready for it yet, called?
I probably will buy it, if it's available anywhere

edited: all credit to creepiness of my avatar (which is great btw) goes to yakkue

Kamidori Alchemy Meister? It's pretty fun. Why is my comment edited out?

Arthea

Kamidori Alchemy Meister? It's pretty fun. Why is my comment edited out?

ya that one, thanks.
It's not sold everywhere that I can see, the hell? How do I get it?
it was irrelevant to my "answer"?

edited: wait, is it fan translated? not translated at all?

Congrats Dunder! Thought you were younger tbh.

Ok, I think I will stop now.
except for buying a few copies of WD:Survival Instinct of course.Gotta do my licensed games investments
..I need a job. ASAP.
I bought most everything that was 209 rubadubdubs or less. I excluded stuff that wasn't discounted all that much since it'll be much cheaper soon enough.
Since I started buying from RU I know that ~50rubs = 1€, so that would be under 4 bucks x 70 games ~max. 280€ (~350$) on one day...... damn.

Hey about family sharing. I read the FAQ page on Steam and am I right that during the time I play a title, a person on my family sharing cannot only not play that game but none of my whole library? If that's the way it works, it honestly is cumbersome. I thought if say 3 people were to be in my FS everyone could play a different game at the same time but the FAQs make it sound like the whole library is locked once one person plays a game.

Or did I just not understand right? Not native English here, so sorry if it's actually not that complicated.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
do you have like a notepad file with links to all this stuff

One side of my brain stores Steam stuff and the other Saoirse stuff. It's why I don't remember anything else... like how to switch tabs so as to not accidentally double-post.

Hey about family sharing. I read the FAQ page on Steam and am I right that during the time I play a title, a person on my family sharing cannot only not play that game but none of my whole library? If that's the way it works, it honestly is cumbersome. I thought if say 3 people were to be in my FS everyone could play a different game at the same time but the FAQs make it sound like the whole library is locked once one person plays a game.

Or did I just not understand right? Not native English here, so sorry if it's actually not that complicated.

Yeah, that's how it currently works. I expect Valve to allow concurrent library access eventually, though.

Sendou

Yeah, that's how it currently works. I expect Valve to allow concurrent library access eventually, though.

Baby steps though. I would like them to allow for me to play a free to play game while my library is being used without kicking the person using my library out. Or a game both own.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not sure if bug or design but I'm able to play Beyond Earth with my friend using Family Share.

As in you have access to his copy and the two of you can play it at the same time? The FAQ still says:

Can two users share a library and both play at the same time?
No, a shared library may only be accessed by one user at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom