• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The private apps are the pre-order DLC:

Thanks for the heads-up, though. I have a "Better safe than sorry" policy when it comes to pre-purchase incentives, unless it's stated in no uncertain terms that they'll be available post-launch (such as was the case with the newly-released CoH2 expansion).

so what - they're going to be selling future levels one by one now?

MQX

Humble Bundle Jumbo Bundle 3 additions:
  • Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
  • Kickbeat
  • GRID
D:

Kickbeat, HMH and GRID 1 as "extra" games for BTA? Always wanted to grab Kickbeat cheap and now I have the first 2 GRID games :p.

Excellent response, thanks. That does make a lot of sense. Personally I like the current Telltale style because obnoxious hotspot clicking ends up being my bane. For example, I really loved Gemini Rue except a couple of points were so obnoxious and to me counter-intuitive that it just tainted the whole experience for me. Plus I was just never that into the old school adventures, I was more of a strategy and rpg gamer.

Gemini Rue was a good adventure. Might even go so far as to say a great adventure.

Had they taken out the fucking shooting minigames, I would have called it an excellent adventure, no Bill and Ted required.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-86208DAC8504DC76 - Taken by Sharkiller. 17 entrants total.
Euro Truck Simulator -- MB-9AE44242658D7FB9 - Taken by Saty. 6 entrants total.
Depth Hunter 2 Deep Dive -- MB-BD88666DFA025163 - Taken by chronomac. 8 entrants total.
Bus Driver -- MB-1C96E12F12CE5100 - Taken by rainking187. 6 entrants total.
SOULBRINGER -- MB-699507CE86A37255 - Taken by Vandiger. 1 entrants total.
Ancients of Ooga -- MB-E0F4820E267EA60D - Taken by Woody Invincible. 1 entrants total.
REALMS OF THE HAUNTING -- MB-1E98D74255143971 - Taken by Lobogris. 2 entrants total.
Metro 2033 -- MB-B470019C70B7D2F9 - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.
Airline Tycoon 2 -- MB-74D9202CF3F97703 - Taken by sensoft04. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Blackguards -- MB-47152A77E9139288 - Taken by fspm. 15 entrants total.
GRID -- MB-3A8A1248D1731DC4 - Taken by bloke. 16 entrants total.
Trucks & Trailers -- MB-4A7BB7EC60AEFC4B - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-A0FC6D608AE4A17F - Taken by PeterBazooka. 6 entrants total.
Urban Trial Freestyle -- MB-61B5F701EFA89AF0 - Taken by alr1ght. 5 entrants total.
FootLOL -- MB-55C308ECC509D745 - Taken by trailmix16. 6 entrants total.

t1416349786z1.png

Vandiger

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vandiger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-3670DB597ECDD20A - Taken by adriano999

Higher prices but higher wages so it kinda balances out. Except graphics cards, prices are well rude. I'll buy most PC stuff locally but I'll buy top end Nvidias from Amazon at nearly half the price.
Huh, didn't know wages are higher in AU. Getting physical half around the globe sounds cumbersome though.
-
I think he is a shade darker but most of what you're seeing is because he's in a room next to a torch. That's why.
Ah, you're right. Now I see the background looking lit as well.
How are you liking the game btw so far? Especially compared to Mass Effect.
-
So hey, anyone else run into a thing where Steam freaks out when you buy too many gift copies?
Have a similar problem. Lately when I send gifts via Browser, Steam wants me to login beforehand?! Never happened before.
-
From GTA V NG OT
VS. Next-Gen
I wonder how many threads on NeoGAF and news articles would this comparison got if this was Ubisoft or EA game? :D
That's heavily disappointing. Why did Rockstar feel the need to mislead with stuff like that? It's not like people would get up in arms if they had shown real footage. Shame.
-
It's ridiculous how fast you can recoup your "losses" selling CS:GO crap, it's been like 4 days since I bought the DLC + 1 extra mission and I have already made half of those moolahs back. I did sell a sweet AK47 skin though :p
I never understood how one can make money off CS:GO. Do you just play and get stuff or do you idle in servers?
Would be nice to make a little bit on the side like that. But I feel like I know nothing about CS's ways.

Jawmuncher

Have spent 3 hours just running around in Dragon Age Inquistions first open area just doing missions. Which is something I usually don't do. Just love how there feels to be more incentive to do so, not to mention for a lazy guy like myself. It's much easier to find and stumble upon quests and the like. Really nice middle ground for a lot of player I think.

Have spent 3 hours just running around in Dragon Age Inquistions first open area just doing missions. Which is something I usually don't do. Just love how there feels to be more incentive to do so, not to mention for a lazy guy like myself. It's much easier to find and stumble upon quests and the like. Really nice middle ground for a lot of player I think.

Are the side missions overwhelming like The Witcher 1 or are there a reasonable, doable amount, like in W2? I liked the Witcher 2's approach of less-is-more in regards to reducing the amount of side missions but making each one of them a fun, well developed experience.

didamangi

I like that there's no enemy scaling as well. And hard is pretty hard as well, at least in Hinterland. Getting my ass kicked wandering off the beaten path a few times.

Too bad the tactical mode is too limited. Did I miss it in the tutorial or you really can't queue up moves in tactical mode btw?

Are the side missions overwhelming like The Witcher 1 or are there a reasonable, doable amount, like in W2? I liked the Witcher 2's approach of less-is-more in regards to reducing the amount of side missions but making each one of them a fun, well developed experience.

There's loads of side quest, but the levels/area in DA:I is really, really big compared to Witcher 2's.

Teppic

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teppic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Metro 2033 #2 -- MB-87E3C508E05170BD
Metro 2033 -- MB-CE2CFD726AD3942F - Taken by PeterBazooka
Redeem before November 21.

Jawmuncher

I like that there's no enemy scaling as well. And hard is pretty hard as well, at least in Hinterland. Getting my ass kicked wandering off the beaten path a few times.

Too bad the tactical mode is too limited. Did I miss it in the tutorial or you really can't queue up moves in tactical mode btw?

There's loads of side quest, but the levels/area in DA:I is really, really big compared to Witcher 2's.

There's a lot thus far but they're all manageable and laid out for you.
So you never get lost since it keeps good track of what you need to do or where to turn it in.

Yeah tactical mode seems to be just there to say they have it.
I haven't found any real use for it besides MAYBE setting up going into a battle for the first time. Wish I just had the wheel back.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Galaxies have the same modes from the second game
so there is no real reason to get the second game else if you want more games on your profile
More games, more games!

But seriously, does GW2 also feature drones? Because that was a cool thing about Galaxies, even though grinding to level them all up became a bit tiring after a while.

didamangi

Yeah tactical mode seems to be just there to say they have it. I haven't found any real use for it besides MAYBE setting up going into a battle for the first time. Wish I just had the wheel back.

In hard difficulty some of the tougher fights are better in tactical mode since you can resume and pause combat at will without limitation. It made a few battles against over level enemies doable at least. But the mode is really, really basic. It's a shame.

Tellaerin

lol wtf is that thing

I actually kind of like how minimalist that looks. >.> No big images of game characters or giant logos splashed all over the page. It's like, "If you're here, you probably already know what you want, so we'll just leave you to it." As opposed to some layouts I've seen, which feel like the web page equivalent of that one game store employee who follows you around trying to sell you something when you just want to shop in peace.

I find videos like this utterly hilarious and terrible.

She is talented, though. You have to give her that.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm gonna be really happy if twitch one day decides to buy a working server or two

so frustrating

you know your service is shit if i'm sighing over not being a youtube or azubu alternative for a stream

I find videos like this utterly hilarious and terrible.
i agree

it's dumb as all hell and that's why it's great

I actually kind of like how minimalist that looks. >.> No big images of game characters or giant logos splashed all over the page. It's like, "If you're here, you probably already know what you want, so we'll just leave you to it." As opposed to some layouts I've seen, which feel like the web page equivalent of that one game store employee who follows you around trying to sell you something when you just want to shop in peace.

what's with the avatar downgrade

you're better than this tallarin

also i'm cool with minimalistic but cmon

Parsnip

She is talented, though. You have to give her that.
As a violinist, sure.

But all the music videos are just something else entirely. I can appreciate the apparent effort put into them, but it just looks so embarrassing and feels like it's pandering to the audience. Can't help but laugh at the whole concept.

Wait... she's fighting the dragon... with her violin?

Welp, rock on.

It reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on what exactly.

Shadownet

Banned
As a violinist, sure.

But all the music videos are just something else entirely. I can appreciate the apparent effort put into them, but it just looks so embarrassing and feels like it's pandering to the audience. Can't help but laugh at the whole concept.
Yeah she's talented but that is one of her worst video. I like the Zelda one better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom