• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

After around 8 hours of testing, I think there's something bad in my GPU or in the latest Nvidia drivers.
I have a lot of framerate drop on Shadow of Mordor. The game runs fine, the it loose some FPS, then it runs fine again.
I'm now downloading old drivers (344.48) to check if the issue is still here.

What kind of framedip are we talking about here? What card did you upgrade from, is your PSU good enough for the new card? Did you plug in the gpu power cable/s?

Whatl'll he do next, mod Illusion games?

image.php

After around 8 hours of testing, I think there's something bad in my GPU or in the latest Nvidia drivers.
I have a lot of framerate drop on Shadow of Mordor. The game runs fine, the it loose some FPS, then it runs fine again.
I'm now downloading old drivers (344.48) to check if the issue is still here.
Oh man. Having trouble with new HW sounds really not fun :/
Did you ask in the PC building thread or the actual 980/970 thread? Those guys should know more.

Tellaerin

what's with the avatar downgrade

you're better than this tallarin

also i'm cool with minimalistic but cmon

Hey now. T'Mar (the Vulcan woman from Star Trek: The Video Game in my avatar) is pretty awesome. :p That's the best screenshot I've been able to get of her, though. I'd've used concept art or a promotional render or something instead, but I haven't been able to find any.

zkylon

zkylewd
1gig~ wasteland 2 patch

mostly bugfixes it seems

sounds like the strat for these types of games is def gonna be play them like 2 months from release

Hey now. T'Mar (the Vulcan woman from Star Trek: The Video Game in my avatar) is pretty awesome. :p That's the best screenshot I've been able to get of her, though. I'd've used concept art or a promotional render or something instead, but I haven't been able to find any.
never settle

that's the zkylon way

you can do better

Why are we dissing Lindsey now? :(
I love he creative ways of playing her music with dance and cosplay performance.
i'm not dissing

just having fun

like usual

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

This one's way better, in my opinion.

There's also this one:

Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PeterBazooka, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Novelist 2 -- MB-42543C1F626F2FB1 - Taken by freshVeggie
Savant -- MB-E7E223A9936E0872 - Taken by autoduelist

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
probably, but specially true for wrpgs i guess

you gotta find me the high res version of your avatar so i can do at least half-shit transparency

i can't stand seeing you like this

Maybe you could do something with this one (same shoot, different shot)

EDIT: Or Parsnip's :D

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
speaking of Dragon Age ...

:)

Who's the actress I'm supposed to know? And this was a worse advertisement compared to the Skyrim ad.

Game companies need to stop making live action advertising for videogames that don't significantly use it in the game.

oh so gta5 isn't out on pc, comes out next year... no wonder no one here is talking about it. well that sucks :( although i don't even know why I'm disappointed, its going to be region locked anyway.

also just found out you can get the crew, ac:u or fc4 free with a purchase of a gtx970 or 80. I hope I can get the card before the end of jan(when the deal is over)

So how much performance do all the NPCs in AC:U need. I get between 25-30fps while I play it normally. Then there is a sequence in which
there are no NPCs in Paris because of some server problem
and it runs with 60fps...

demented

Was going through my emails and decided to check if I have any unused keys so here:

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (demented, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-A220DC20CA9AAB23

t1416364847z1.png

Lomax

So how much performance do all the NPCs in AC:U need. I get between 25-30fps while I play it normally. Then there is a sequence in which
there are no NPCs in Paris because of some server problem
and it runs with 60fps...

Ubi claimed their issue on consoles was CPU capping due to the number of NPCs. Assuming that's true, it's a lot.

Chariot

Who's the actress I'm supposed to know? And this was a worse advertisement compared to the Skyrim ad.

Game companies need to stop making live action advertising for videogames that don't significantly use it in the game.
I finally understand why people are offended. You see advertisement, I see another great performance by Lindsey Sterling. Look in her channel she does videos like that or many things.

Ubi claimed their issue on consoles was CPU capping due to the number of NPCs. Assuming that's true, it's a lot.

Yeah. I just dont understand why you cant turn the NPC-count down. I mean its nice that you can see 500 NPCs sometimes, but... I would rather have a more fluid gameplay.

I was really surprised, when
no NPCs were on the screen
and I got my 60fps instead of 25-30,

Chariot

Yeah. I just dont understand why you cant turn the NPC-count down. I mean its nice that you can see 500 NPCs sometimes, but... I would rather have a more fluid gameplay.

I was really surprised, when
no NPCs were on the screen
and I got my 60fps instead of 25-30,
Ubisoft can't brag with a smooth working game.

The New Yorker's Simon Parkin wrote a lovely story on Never Alone and how the Iñupiat people of Alaska helped craft the game.

This and cosmicqueso's exuberance for the game really helped nudge me into buying it. And I have a totally legit excuse for the purchase as a "cultural experience" for my sons. I'm really looking forward to this. And to think I would have never known about it had it not been for this thread. Thanks for the heads up guys. By the way, if any of you haven't watched the vids on the Steam store page, I highly reccomend you do so. http://store.steampowered.com/app/295790/

MUnited83

For you.
You and I both know 99% of the people that are interested in getting a copy don't care about the homebrew and are trying to futureproof themselves for piracy, tho =p
Anyway, this is not the place for this tired old discussion yet again.

Not really no. If anyone wants to pirate they can already do that with the Gateway device. If someone is interested on piracy picking up this game makes no fucking sense. It's a user mode exploit that doesn't allow for piracy and that's it. For piracy someone would have to find a kernel exploit, which admitedly can be somewhat easier to find with this, but it might as well take a long damn time. There's really no reason to pick this game up for "piracy futureproof" purposes when there's already piracy options available and working.

zkylon

zkylewd
Maybe you could do something with this one (same shoot, different shot)

EDIT: Or Parsnip's :D

got these two for now

iSontoZZUBLS.PNG
ii5E9x8lWHTI6.PNG
iZX3LNf1tDEQK.PNG

gonna make me some soup and try the third one. curly hair is hard so but i think they're somewhat acceptable

also i tried flipping you current avatar but he looks pretty creepy lol

edit: added third guy. not sure if they'll work, had to cut a lot of loose hair and stuff, but they look better in dark neogaf. i wouldn't use the middle one tho, it's too shiny

speaking of Dragon Age ...

:)

Eh. I have respect for the fact that she basically became successful through Youtube, but I find her videos to be too melodramatic and overwrought. She makes her movements/playing way more complicated and showboat-y than it needs to be.

It doesn't change my mind about the game - I'll pick it up if it's on sale in a couple years.

-MD-

Eh. I have respect for the fact that she basically became successful through Youtube, but I find her videos to be too melodramatic and overwrought. She makes her movements/playing way more complicated and showboat-y than it needs to be.

It doesn't change my mind about the game - I'll pick it up if it's on sale in a couple years.

I agree. She's talented but her videos are hard to watch.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-A2B95F4CF2F9ECB1 - Taken by Diedac
Numba Deluxe -- MB-523A8292168D8166 - Taken by alr1ght
Victim of Xen -- MB-748AA10838C1157C - Taken by swx

Nabs

This doesn't exactly mean anything to us, but looking at it feels pretty good. Dark Souls:

Changed Stats schema
stats/importedGfWL/defaultvalue: 0
stats/importedGfWL/displayName:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom