• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
One side of my brain stores Steam stuff and the other Saoirse stuff. It's why I don't remember anything else... like how to switch tabs so as to not accidentally double-post.
that's doesn't sound too bad

i'd say one side of my brain stores hotkeys and the other one the list of movies i've watched

Yeah, that's how it currently works. I expect Valve to allow concurrent library access eventually, though.
it's the only thing that would make sense, really

jHvBOTN.png

So a reminder that the 2nd SteamGAF GOTY awards will be hitting December/January, it's a good idea to finish off any games that you feel have potential that were released this year.

Last year's nail-biting results.

A few changes/notes to this year:

- APS (Average Point Score) determines who wins if a game is tied in points
- Option to reflect or write a summary on your 1# game - will be used in inaugural award ceremony
- Time given in January so people can post who they felt was the best game of 2014
- 5 games max limit, 1# will get 5 points and 2# will get 4 and so on...
- Episodic content can only be allowed into the contest if it starts in 2014
- New thread for awards might be a good idea

If you have any pointers then please give a shout, more info in the future will come on how to vote.

Looking forward to this!

She grows on you, or she helps something on you grow?
M. Gustav said:
I must say, I find that girl utterly delightful. Flat as a board, enormous birthmark the shape of Mexico over half her face, sweating for hours on end in that sweltering kitchen, while Mendl, genius though he is, looms over her like a hulking gorilla. Yet without question, without fail, always and invariably, she’s exceeding lovely. Why? Because of her purity.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i think saoirse found her place in all our hearts by now

what with her silly obsessive love for assassins creed and all

Ergh more avatar talk, great. I have the worst luck whenever I choose to look/post in this thread. Please, stop or create an OT for the actress.

yeah i think saoirse found her place in all our hearts by now

what with her silly obsessive love for assassins creed and all

No, I'm tired of her face. I don't even know who she is, but I'm tired of seeing her. It doesn't help that JaseC posts at least once every 10 posts in the thread already, let alone everyone posting and quoting posts of pictures of her too. Now we have people assuming shes found a place in all of our hearts by now?

Please stop.

derExperte

No, I'm tired of her face. I don't even know who she is, but I'm tired of seeing her. It doesn't help that JaseC posts at least once every 10 posts in the thread already, let alone everyone posting and quoting posts of pictures of her too. Now we have people assuming shes found a place in all of our hearts by now?

Please stop.

SteamGAF made sure a long time ago that I actively avoid movies she's in. But to be fair it isn't as bad as it once was in here regarding that.

Sendou

Anyone else has problems remembering the moves on OlliOlli? I always need to look into the tricktionary(?) to check how to execute a move.

Well there's quite a few in the game, isn't there? Still I never had to remember too many. I just did whatever and when I had to do something specific I looked it up.

Please stop.

The work of the church of Scorcese Romulan will never be complete until each and every person on GAF has welcomed her into their hearts.

In other news, I'm surprised at how efficient GreenManGaming's customer service department is. After the many horror stories I heard of reps taking an accusatory tone towards people who submitted help tickets, I had a problem order solved in 12 hours, and they were very pleasant about it.

Though I'm sure it's partly because I'm a frequent buyer there.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Anyone else has problems remembering the moves on OlliOlli? I always need to look into the tricktionary(?) to check how to execute a move.

To be honest, I just wildly flick the stick in any direction and seem to do pretty well so far (I got all stars in the first 3 levels + most pro levels)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
In other news, I'm surprised at how efficient GreenManGaming's customer service department is. After the many horror stories I heard of reps taking an accusatory tone towards people who submitted help tickets, I had a problem order solved in 12 hours, and they were very pleasant about it.

Though I'm sure it's partly because I'm a frequent buyer there.

I think it depends on the nature of the issue. It seems to me that, at least for the most part, the people having to wait days or even weeks for a response had tickets relating to the Playfire Rewards system.

Freezard

My GOTY is clearly Hearthstone. Such a great game. No idea which Steam game I would have picked since I've barely played any, but I suppose Gauntlet was better than Borderlands 1.5.

Asgaro

Unlike skyrim, fallout actually doesn't need mods. Well iron sights for fo3 and Sawyer for new Vegas.

Honestly, every game that has decent mod support should be played with mods.
I mean, mods are free enhancements. It's essentially free DLC since the quality can be compared to DLC of the original developer at times.

Now, I understand he first wants to just venture into the game and have a good time, instead of first having to experiment with mods.

I only hope when he's around 10 to 15 hours in, he will check out more mods. By that time he has a grasp of the game and how it feels and plays, and will understand the descriptions of the mods more (What they improve and where).

-

Fallout New Vegas (base game so no DLC) is still my most played game on Steam.
It even wins over 4 MP games...

Good stuff.

mostplayedgamessteam.PNG

I mean, mods are free enhancements. It's essentially free DLC since the quality can be compared to DLC of the original developer at times.

I will always treasure my first playthrough of Baldur's Gate II, which I loaded with most of the essential mods (Ascension, Unfinished Business, etc). It made that game an incredible gaming experience.

I try to do the same with any game with a major mod community, especially one that has restored content mods. Couldn't imagine playing KOTOR II without the Sith Lords mod.

Well there's quite a few in the game, isn't there? Still I never had to remember too many. I just did whatever and when I had to do something specific I looked it up.

To be honest, I just wildly flick the stick in any direction and seem to do pretty well so far (I got all stars in the first 3 levels + most pro levels)

Hmm, maybe I was worried for nothing then. xD

I was questioning because it seems that I always do the same tricks, but as you already said it's working so far.

Sendou

Hmm, maybe I was worried for nothing then. xD

I was questioning because it seems that I always do the same tricks, but as you already said it's working so far.

IIRC spinning around like crazy gets you loads of points. If you're just doing ollie all the time then you might have a problem. Right and left bumper all the way.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Is there a difference between Mods and Community Patches?
Cause if you want to talk about a game where those are absolutely necessary, let's talk about Vampire Bloodlines. Amazing RPG but almost unplayable because of the bugs. I think there are still patches coming out for it (all community patches obviously since Troike is long gone)

Is there a difference between Mods and Community Patches?
Cause if you want to talk about a game where those are absolutely necessary, let's talk about Vampire Bloodlines. Amazing RPG but almost unplayable because of the bugs. I think there are still patches coming out for it (all community patches obviously since Troike is long gone)

As someone who downloaded the V:tM patch myself, it's a strange case. It's a patch where it fixes bugs and restores content.

I usually separate mods based on their authorial intent. It's one thing to have mods that add or augment various aspects of the game, but I always put restored content mods in a separate category, as they represent the developer's original vision (and they're what I try to hew as close to whenever I download mods).

Tizoc

I need to play a handful more games but I'll start making my list.

Also its BS that the final stage/boss in Korra locks you in it and you can't exit to stage select. Come on now Acti/Platinum =_=

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
jHvBOTN.png

So a reminder that the 2nd SteamGAF GOTY awards will be hitting December/January, it's a good idea to finish off any games that you feel have potential that were released this year.

Last year's nail-biting results.

A few changes/notes to this year:

- APS (Average Point Score) determines who wins if a game is tied in points
- Option to reflect or write a summary on your 1# game - will be used in inaugural award ceremony
- Time given in January so people can post who they felt was the best game of 2014
- 5 games max limit, 1# will get 5 points and 2# will get 4 and so on...
- Episodic content can only be allowed into the contest if it starts in 2014
- New thread for awards might be a good idea

If you have any pointers then please give a shout, more info in the future will come on how to vote.

Do new versions of already released games count i.e. Linux or Mac versions of a game?

Pachimari

Do anyone here have your desktop hooked up at bed?

I haven't played as much as I would like, even after buying an expensive and comfortable chair.

I'm now thinking if it would help that I somehow mount an arm holding my 3 monitors so that I can game in bed/sofa.

Copons

Peeps from SteamGAF, say hi to Ebi and cross your fingers praying she'll get along fine with good ol' BRODO!

:3

Cats are awesome, you're doing wellsomething good.

By the way, are you sure the newcomer will get along with your cat?
Maybe you should pick a cat with a matching personality.

On paper they are basically the same cat: they both are scared of everything, they both purr loudly and they both meow with utter violence while traveling in car.
But hey, I got it from a shelter, I can't possibly now how they'll behave together, I can just hope. ^^

Pachimari

Guys, do you know where it's possible to buy an arm for 3 monitors so I can hang them on the wall? I need to be able to swing it.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

FACE NOIR -- MB-9F65EDA5F146377E - Taken by Saty
Majesty Gold HD -- MB-818828D56DDD3E0D - Taken by Uzzy

Thanks a lot for the congratulations you guys, really appreciate it and the day already starting great!
Sure have to set up a speedrunners event and celebrate the day :)
Be ready to go fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom