• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

I'm moving to a new PC today and I need some help

How do I backup my saves? I only have games that are downloaded through steam, do I just copy the folders from /Documents and /My Games and put them in the same place when I install steam again?

Is the backing up games feature reliable? I understand you can backup entire games that way, but I don't mind downloading them again either

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm moving to a new PC today and I need some help

How do I backup my saves? I only have games that are downloaded through steam, do I just copy the folders from /Documents and /My Games and put them in the same place when I install steam again?

Is the backing up games feature reliable? I understand you can backup entire games that way, but I don't mind downloading them again either

Use GameSave Manager as different games save in different places and some games that support Steam Cloud don't use it for saves (e.g. Rage).

Milamber

Use GameSave Manager as different games save in different places and some games that support Steam Cloud don't use it for saves (e.g. Rage).

Gamesave manager backs up every save. Even from uninstalled games. Even my uninstalled Sims 2 Ultimate from Origin which was a whopping 1GB that backs up to my Google drive, on a schedule, twice, every day.

Nabs

It looks like Distance is almost ready for Early Access:

kCPbjE0.gif

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/103111305/1416459153

Today's Distance build update contains a ton of level editor improvements such a grouping system, new/improved simple primitives, undo/redo bug fixes, a Quick Tools menu, an improved Layers menu, and more. The Adventure mode level Ground Zero was updated with some new content as we continue to iterate on the story design, and we also just converted the entire game's audio engine to Wwise which comes with some cool new features.

This update is likely the last major update before we release on Steam Early Access! For a fast and dirty look at the new features check out the Imgur album[imgur.com] with a bunch of GIFs and screenshots!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just wanna know. Taking screens of NSFW content in a game or forced added adult content via nude Patch on steam does it make you punished there? Do your screens automatically appear on the hub of the game or you have to post your screens there on the hub so everyone can see it? I don't know big things about that. What about putting that content to friends only or private?

I think you should post all your nude skyrim and dragon age origin mods for us to see and enjoy. I guarantee nothing bad will happen

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gamesave manager backs up every save. Even from uninstalled games. Even my uninstalled Sims 2 Ultimate from Origin which was a whopping 1GB that backs up to my Google drive, on a schedule, twice, every day.

That would be why I recommended it. ;)

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
It looks like Distance is almost ready for Early Access:

http://i.imgur.com/kCPbjE0.gif[IMG]

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/103111305/1416459153[/url][/QUOTE]

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nClr6o2zgQs"]All I could think of.[/URL]

Tizoc

..man Jawmuncher got banned? In his honor I shall post a game that is sadly saddled by licenses to prevent its release on current online services.
dino.png

Used to play this sucker a lot at the arcades, while I'm glad Capcom managed to get D&D released, this series would be to obscure to prob. warrant a port, but I'll keep dreamin' forever...

Well it looks like Steins;Gate won't show up on Steam for a while because of contracts:
https://twitter.com/jastusa/status/532534104491716609

On the one hand it is understandable, but I do hope JAST will find a VN they can put up on Steam eventually.

zkylon

zkylewd
Anyone try the early access game massive chalice yet? Kinda looks interesting.

i gave it like an hour yesterday

from what i played it, it was a lot of fun and looked pretty close to finished. you basically do xcom stuff of killing dudes with permadeath and getting exp, and then other xcom stuff of buying upgrades and making new facilities and promoting your soldiers and all that.

i found marrying people pretty fun (i married a 15 year old guy with a woman 40 years older than him with whom he had a child with, then she died so i married dad with another girl that was more his age, but then he died, so i married his child with her! stuff like that is kinda funny to me i guess, specially cos they had goofy names), and combat is kinda interesting. so far i've only seen 4 enemy types and 3 character classes, and there were skilltrees and such

it was all very new xcom, which i like

i do have a bit of concern with the game being entertaining over the long run. i only had one mission type and you could only have one upgrade at a time so it seemed like there wasn't much to do outside of combat and since combat was always "kill everyone" without like having to take care of not destroying the bodies or the equipment or being able to capture enemies alive or stuff, that's what i'm afraid of. specially since i heard spacebase was pretty bare

oh and it looks and sounds gorgeous

I think you should post all your nude skyrim and dragon age origin mods for us to see and enjoy. I guarantee nothing bad will happen
i installed a sex mod for new vegas once

it doesn't make the lonely go away

AsylumX

..man Jawmuncher got banned? In his honor I shall post a game that is sadly saddled by licenses to prevent its release on current online services.
dino.png

Used to play this sucker a lot at the arcades, while I'm glad Capcom managed to get D&D released, this series would be to obscure to prob. warrant a port, but I'll keep dreamin' forever....

I loved the car sections where you just run into dinosaurs... They need to port beat'em ups to steam. TMNT, The Simpsons, X-Men and such...

Milamber

dino.png

Used to play this sucker a lot at the arcades, while I'm glad Capcom managed to get D&D released, this series would be to obscure to prob. warrant a port, but I'll keep dreamin' forever...

Cadillacs are terrible offroad vehicles.

Knurek

i don't understand how that really matters, tho i know very little about laws and such

like do hentai game sites have like stricter barriers to buy their games or something?

I guess it's because jshackles has children and you don't (yet?).
There's something about the possibility of your offspring looking at lewd things that makes people act irrationally. :)

zkylon

zkylewd
I guess it's because jshackles has children and you don't (yet?).
There's something about the possibility of your offspring looking at lewd things that makes people act irrationally. :)
well i'm on the camp of sex > violence

but i was raised with like hippie parents and very little tv and no violent videogames until i was like 13 or something. lots of mario and sonic and zelda tho

i remember being like 10 and seeing the mortal kombat demo being played in a store and bursting to tears lol

somehow i ended up a fallout fan

i don't know how that happened

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh they are putting Blur back on Steam? cool

I mean that game reminds me of Blur, before you get too excited

i gave it like an hour yesterday

from what i played it, it was a lot of fun and looked pretty close to finished. you basically do xcom stuff of killing dudes with permadeath and getting exp, and then other xcom stuff of buying upgrades and making new facilities and promoting your soldiers and all that.

i found marrying people pretty fun (i married a 15 year old guy with a woman 40 years older than him with whom he had a child with, then she died so i married dad with another girl that was more his age, but then he died, so i married his child with her! stuff like that is kinda funny to me i guess, specially cos they had goofy names), and combat is kinda interesting. so far i've only seen 4 enemy types and 3 character classes, and there were skilltrees and such

it was all very new xcom, which i like

i do have a bit of concern with the game being entertaining over the long run. i only had one mission type and you could only have one upgrade at a time so it seemed like there wasn't much to do outside of combat and since combat was always "kill everyone" without like having to take care of not destroying the bodies or the equipment or being able to capture enemies alive or stuff, that's what i'm afraid of. specially since i heard spacebase was pretty bare

oh and it looks and sounds gorgeous

i installed a sex mod for new vegas once

it doesn't make the lonely go away

Oh, I wasn't aware it was like XCOM.

I'm playing xenonauts right now actually.

well i'm on the camp of sex > violence

but i was raised with like hippie parents and very little tv and no violent videogames until i was like 13 or something. lots of mario and sonic and zelda tho

i remember being like 10 and seeing the mortal kombat demo being played in a store and bursting to tears lol

somehow i ended up a fallout fan

i don't know how that happened

I know some girls that started playing Mortal Kombat and many other violent games at 3. They never became violent or agressive. You know this is mostly a myth that needs to be busted once and for all just like dogs chasing cats myth you see in cartoons -_-.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
how awful will the kiss4 bundle be and who here already preordered it lol

I thought about preordering it, but then thought about how disappointing all the other ones I've preordered have been, and how I never bothered with any of the other Kiss My Bundles.

So since I'm skipping it, it will probably be amazing.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh, I wasn't aware it was like XCOM.

I'm playing xenonauts right now actually.
it's a lot like new xcom, so not necessarily that comparable to xenonauts (if i'm not mistaken xenonauts is a lot more like the old one?)

it's fairly simple and streamlined, but i enjoy it. i really hope there are more classes, more enemy types (these i'm sure there will be) and more mission types tho.

i only played for like an hour and a half and i don't know how much the beta is indicative of the final game, but i got the impression that it lacked "stuff"

I know some girls that started playing Mortal Kombat and many other violent games at 3. They never became violent or agressive. You know this is mostly a myth that needs to be busted once and for all just like dogs chasing cats myth you see in cartoons -_-.

sure, but if i wanted to have kids and had kids i'd probably try and encourage them to spend their time playing other types of games

i'm a big fan of hotline miami but i don't think what it has to say is appreciable by a little kid. i'd rather that kid played zelda or katamari or something that had more valuable experiences for them

i'm a big fan of hotline miami but i don't think what it has to say is appreciable by a little kid. i'd rather that kid played zelda or katamari or something that had more valuable experiences for them

Lol I grew up with violent games since I was 3, I started with the Atari 2600. I always looked for violent mature games since then, I always found the all age ones for dummies,but you are right, I will encourage any kid to play games suited for their ages.

I've been playing violent vidya since a young age too but I agree and think hotline Miami would go over a youngin's head. The gameplay is fun and the atmosphere is great but I could see a kid just being hyped that he just crushed a dude's head against the pavement and I don't think that's cool.

zkylon

zkylewd
Lol I grew up with violent games since I was 3, I started with the Atari 2600. I always looked for violent mature games since then, I always found the all age ones for dummies,but you are right, I will encourage any kid to play games suited for their ages.

yeah i mean i do think it's fine to play violent stuff, even really dumb stuff like call of duty or something. i enjoy it (a lil bit), even if i mostly play relatively chill indie stuff.

i just don't think violent games should be anyone's main source of entertainment because most violent stuff is mindless and i don't think playing mindless games is good for you

but i don't plan on having kids anytime soon

i have enough with visiting my baby brother and getting puked on every week

I've been playing violent vidya since a young age too but I agree and think hotline Miami would go over a youngin's head. The gameplay is fun and the atmosphere is great but I could see a kid just being hyped that he just crushed a dude's head against the pavement and I don't think that's cool.
yeah, basically

i would be totally fine in like playing it together and talking about it tho

downright banning those things is probably not healthy either

sure, but if i wanted to have kids and had kids i'd probably try and encourage them to spend their time playing other types of games

I completely agree with that. I don't believe that games make people violent, even though I personnaly think theat some games might make violence seems trivial to some people (as would any media).

But for sure I wouldn't let my kids (if I had any) near violent games, or games with sexual content (same for movies). I'm not so sure a kid's mind is ready for such things.

zkylon

zkylewd
I completely agree with that. I don't believe that games make people violent, even though I personnaly think theat some games might make violence seems trivial to some people (as would any media).

But for sure I wouldn't let my kids (if I had any) near violent games, or games with sexual content (same for movies). I'm not so sure a kid's mind is ready for such things.
i wouldn't necessarily say that, i think both violence and sex should be part of the conversation, obviously at an age when they're capable of understanding (which i guess when is debatable but whatevs), but i wouldn't outright ban it if it can be helped.

I won Blades of Time.

Time to go put on my Milamber costume and enjoy it.

is milamber costume code for naked?

I completely agree with that. I don't believe that games make people violent, even though I personnaly think they some games might make violence seems trivial to some people (as would any media).

I grew up in the era where games were just gross big pixels discern on screen then came the era of the first 3D games that had blocky polygons and they looked ridiculously funny to be considered scary even for scar games. Now, with the exponential evolution of graphics in vidoe games, I won't let any child touch GOW or Mortal Kombat Or Silent Hill or otehr gruesome games.

Rhaknar

blades of time doesnt even have any sort of lewd content... what, is any game with a female protagonist not covered from head to toe a milamber joint now?

no offense Milamber

Deitus

blades of time doesnt even have any sort of lewd content... what, is any game with a female protagonist not covered from head to toe a milamber joint now?

no offense Milamber

I think what's making people think that is it's supposed to be a spiritual successor to this game:

X-Blades_Cover.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom