• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
See that's what happens if Japanese videogames are put on Steam.

Young, impressionable GAF posters can't handle it and lose their fucking minds.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6216-1367096598-3.gif

Actually, it's a Russian game.

November is almost over and still no Steamworks update for Dark Souls. They said somewhen in November. Do they intend to release it on the 30th?

Parsnip

November is almost over and still no Steamworks update for Dark Souls. They said somewhen in November. Do they intend to release it on the 30th?

Looking at the changes on steamdb, I suspect it's very close.

Did anyone follow the Ace Combat migration back when it happened? Since they now have 4 branches up there, I'm wondering if Ace Combat was the same. I'm guessing that the hybrid branch is specifically built for save etc migration since its description is g4wl + patch.

This wait is killing me..

Annubis

Oh damn... I didn't have problems with the English in Everlasting Summer but I just saw 6 pretty bad mistakes in a minute just now.
I think the translator was tired when he was doing that part =/
It was OK up to now.

Wait is this real? They're going to add achievements?

As dumb as it might sound, achievements could bring me back to playing Terraria.

I would go back to Terraria thanks to achievements but I don't mind an overhaul in graphics too. BTW, anyone saw how would Minecraft look in realistic graphics? Very creepy: http://www.vg247.com/2014/11/18/this-is-how-minecraft-looks-with-realistic-graphics-and-animations/

One question though: why isn't Minecraft on Steam? Now it is on all platforms and the last one was the Vita even after Microsoft bought Mojang. Does Notch have problems with Valve?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Wait is this real? They're going to add achievements?

As dumb as it might sound, achievements could bring me back to playing Terraria.

It's been mentioned multiple times. The upcoming 1.3 patch seems like it'll add achievements, and of course Steamworks, for Terraria.

i still don't understand that sentence but ok

i'm actually mod of a forum i share with 2 friends where we post random game design stuff

but we don't have tag tech tho :/

The joke is that Gaf mods can ban people, and that it acts as a tag, like junior member.

denx

One question though: why isn't Minecraft on Steam? Now it is on all platforms and the last one was the Vita even after Microsoft bought Mojang. Does Notch have problems with Valve?

Minecraft is a massive hit, so why would Mojang sell the game through Steam and pay Valve a 30% cut when they can sell it through their own website and get 100% of the profits.

aww yisss
tumblr_mtebc5Vs751qdlh1io1_400.gif

Milamber

i'm actually mod of a forum i share with 2 friends where we post random game design stuff

If you were a mod on GAF, the only tag you can give anyone is the "Banned" tag.

Minecraft is a massive hit, so why would Mojang sell the game through Steam and pay Valve a 30% cut when they can sell it through their own website and get 100% of the profits.

But he sells it on iOS, Android, PS3/PS4/PS Vita (PSN) and XBOX 360/Xbone (Xbox Live) and maybe more. I don't think he doesn't pay some royalties on that platforms or share profits with them. Why would Steam be different. I am just asking.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 34 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crusader Kings II Plus DLC -- MB-925F6635FAD47607 - Taken by Faabulous. 7 entrants total.
Gone Home With Soundtrack -- MB-F8A4F0709C1B28FD - Taken by Naked Snake. 17 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Prison Architect -- MB-C950E87F79A973BF - Taken by TheLight. 60 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition -- MB-AF00834BEDCB3B84 - Taken by hepburn3d. 1 entrants total.
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-D71E5DB98AA0CD76 - Taken by DocSeuss. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM EDITION -- MB-2481B41988CBEF71 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 39 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-66CDFB3270A26785 - Taken by Vlad. 2 entrants total.
Unholy Heights -- MB-D9733D7D58752EF1 - Taken by SilentMatthew. 8 entrants total.
Astebreed -- MB-3CE4BF9811E3A47C - Taken by provista. 46 entrants total.
Whispering Willows -- MB-9A5289CBC8AA7AC5 - Taken by Madn. 7 entrants total.
Snow Light -- MB-2D8B65A72CFB029A - Taken by Vuze. 3 entrants total.
Knytt Underground -- MB-6B859180785E61D5 - Taken by Benedict. 4 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Complete Pack -- MB-9A168F43BD73626B - Taken by Kiru. 10 entrants total.
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-3072D0D0403F355B - Taken by Zeeman. 6 entrants total.
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae -- MB-F47C9EA9FA02BABF - Taken by Kuroyume. 27 entrants total.
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-7E163E7201FFE3DF - Taken by Shadownet. 7 entrants total.
Rock of Ages -- MB-CB7B606B2083CDF7 - Taken by freshVeggie. 2 entrants total.
Depth Hunter 2 Deep Dive -- MB-3589CBEEAA59BABD - Taken by redlacs. 3 entrants total.
The Bridge -- MB-79B7BA2A3CE3467D - Taken by Sajjaja. 3 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-52EA7319688EB2D8 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 29 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-B545CEF486410D74 - Taken by dave is ok. 15 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-513FA978D99DE114 - Taken by Madn. 4 entrants total.
Race the Sun -- MB-97BDA0CC9268155D - Taken by iosefe. 11 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-9A2B71E7D1087790 - Taken by denx. 1 entrants total.
Expeditions Conquistador -- MB-5377558B9C88DE83 - Taken by Servizio. 3 entrants total.
GIGANTIC ARMY -- MB-EC314196BB70276A - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
LUFTRAUSERS -- MB-D7B4A4E2179F6B48 - Taken by madjoki. 29 entrants total.
Mount & Blade -- MB-BC6A267FAB42CAA0 - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
Gunpoint -- MB-637377CACFB0D637 - Taken by Last Baron. 4 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-60AA0FFF3B7C9BD1 - Taken by WavekSra. 3 entrants total.
QbQbQb -- MB-8199428C974397B2 - Taken by alr1ght. 8 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-90C8F7085D0154E0 - Taken by DillonMabry. 3 entrants total.
Papers, Please -- MB-CFBFB9C22B47A80D - Taken by eyeless. 16 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-E1D163AE53B85A75 - Taken by RyanPierre. 17 entrants total.

t1416461448z1.png

they're technically sandboxes, but with other modifiers

I guess so... but I don't like that... I was hoping they'd have their own sub-genre of sandbox or something... generally when I think "sandbox" I think of Rockstar games, Saints Row, Prototype, etc.

I think I might just go with "crafting" to fit in with my other "genre" type labels...

denx

But he sells it on iOS, Android, PS3/PS4/PS Vita (PSN) and XBOX 360/Xbone (Xbox Live) and maybe more. I don't think he doesn't pay some royalties on that platforms or share profits with them. Why would Steam be different. I am just asking.

PC is the only platform where Mojang has complete control over their game and don't have to answer to a platform holder. Most indie games need the publicity boost of Steam to sell. That's not the case with Minecraft. That game sells like hotcakes on PC through their own store, so there's little to no incentive for Mojang to put the game on Steam.

Same thing with Blizzard. There's no incentive for them to put their games on Steam since their games are massively succesful on their own.

I guess so... but I don't like that... I was hoping they'd have their own sub-genre of sandbox or something... generally when I think "sandbox" I think of Rockstar games, Saints Row, Prototype, etc.

I think I might just go with "crafting" to fit in with my other "genre" type labels...

Minecraftian if you will.

Yes, they have a special genre. Like I said above: Terraria and Starbound are pixel deforming sandbox games, and Minecraft and Everquest Landmark are voxel deforming sandbox games.

Parsnip

Looks like Cherry Tree High Comedy Club got some kind of language patch.
Seems you can now pick if you want westernized localization or not.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
:>

By posting things contrary to the rules, you can get yourself banned. In effect, that will change a Junior Member/Member tag to Banned.

Because if you want to make more money by being on consoles, you need to go through the digital storefronts of Sony and Microsoft. There is no other way.

MUnited83

For you.
PC is the only platform where Mojang has complete control over their game and don't have to answer to a platform holder. Most indie games need the publicity boost of Steam to sell. That's not the case with Minecraft. That game sells like hotcakes on PC through their own store, so there's little to no incentive for Mojang to put the game on Steam.

Same thing with Blizzard. There's no incentive for them to put their games on Steam since their games are massively succesful on their own.

something something Microsoft though. I think we will definitely see a Steam release of Minecraft in 2015

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I wouldn't really be surprised at this point if Microsoft cobbles together some shambling Games For Windows 10 DirectX 12 Exclusive Live Apps Store abomination out of it's past failures and ties Minecraft to it.

I just wanna know. Taking screens of NSFW content in a game or forced added adult content via nude Patch on steam does it make you punished there? Do your screens automatically appear on the hub of the game or you have to post your screens there on the hub so everyone can see it? I don't know big things about that. What about putting that content to friends only or private?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom