• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

it seems there won't be preorder for BM16, at least that's what some people in chat think, it explains why it's not up, if that's the case.

GZ looks good, I'm not buying it this year, though.

It's much harder to resist to The Talos Principle
and Pillars of Eternity
, even if I should (><)

Played through this yesterday (thanks again to CosmicQueso) and the slightly janky gameplay unfortunately detracts from what they're trying to do. I don't even mean the more difficult sections but things like inconsistent jump length, slight delays, glitchy animations, platforms not appearing when they should etc some of which will lead to deaths (checkpoints are reasonably place though). I hope they release a patch that polishes all that stuff because audio and visuals are beautiful, the videos you unlock interesting and the story is nicely done.

it's short then, if you've finished in one sit?

derExperte

Played through this yesterday (thanks again to CosmicQueso) and the slightly janky gameplay unfortunately detracts from what they're trying to do. I don't even mean the more difficult sections but things like inconsistent jump length, slight delays, glitchy animations, platforms not appearing when they should etc some of which will lead to deaths (checkpoints are reasonably placed though). I hope they release a patch that polishes all that stuff because audio and visuals are beautiful, the videos you unlock interesting and the story is nicely done.

it's short then, if you've finished in one sit?

3 hours and I got every owl (which unlocks the videos, can't really miss them except for two or three) but haven't watched all the videos yet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
http://imgur.com/a/VpejI

aYpxtZH.jpg

"Extra High" sounds a tad odd. Not that it matters, though.

Arthea

Played through this yesterday (thanks again to CosmicQueso) and the slightly janky gameplay unfortunately detracts from what they're trying to do. I don't even mean the more difficult sections but things like inconsistent jump length, slight delays, glitchy animations, platforms not appearing when they should etc some of which will lead to deaths (checkpoints are reasonably place though). I hope they release a patch that polishes all that stuff because audio and visuals are beautiful, the videos you unlock interesting and the story is nicely done.

3 hours and I got every owl (which unlocks the videos, can't really miss them except for two or three) but haven't watched all the videos yet.

yeah, more than 3 hours is not short, I keep forgetting that you can finish most games in one sit. (><)

But as it is there three Snakes here!
PunishedSnake, Snakethesniper, Naked Snake

ups my bad, didn't know that or forgot
Snakethesniper sounds too normal, not perverted enough, not to mention Twin Snakes just sounded cool in my head (><)

Maniac

Banned
What's that from and why does it look so... Uh, you know. I thought games were supposed to have over 100 polys in their character budget nowadays!
lol
PC is the only platform where Mojang has complete control over their game and don't have to answer to a platform holder. Most indie games need the publicity boost of Steam to sell. That's not the case with Minecraft. That game sells like hotcakes on PC through their own store, so there's little to no incentive for Mojang to put the game on Steam.

Same thing with Blizzard. There's no incentive for them to put their games on Steam since their games are massively succesful on their own.
Yeah, consumer convenience is overrated, sadly. Steamworks would fix most of my issues with that technical clusterfuck of a game ^_~'
Hmm, let's say Terraria and Starbound are pixel deforming games, and Minecraft and Everquest Landmark are voxel deforming games.
Minecraft isn't actually voxels doe. :>
something something Microsoft though. I think we will definitely see a Steam release of Minecraft in 2015
Even if they wanted to make it happend, I legitimately doubt Mojang is competent enough to utilise Steamworks properly.
No, that's not even a joke -_-'
-snipped cause I'm too tired to help-
M... MD!? WHERES YOUR SEXY AVATAR!? D:
i installed a sex mod for new vegas once

it doesn't make the lonely go away
Ohohoh. Uhuhuh. Hahaha... Oh god zky! You perv!
<3

derExperte

yeah, more than 3 hours is not short, I keep forgetting that you can finish most games in one sit. (><)

I didn't actually. Length is okay and I figure someone who isn't very good at playing platformers will take longer. The swapping between characters isn't as bad as I feared but still takes some practice.

Speaking of swapping, that randomly stopped working and I thought it's a bug but then discovered that as soon as you press any key on the keyboard (to let's say activate the Steam overlay) the co-op mode turns on. You then need to go into the menu and change it back. Dev said they'll fix this. http://steamcommunity.com/app/295790/discussions/0/617320167961335965/

Deques

oh Jasec! Where have you been?
Do you know, is it possible to find out if a game is region locked on Nuuvem without actually buying it?

I thought I answered this yesterday. Steam keys are not region locked. Only few games have a regional lock on key activations

Arthea

I thought I answered this yesterday. Steam keys are not region locked. Only few games have a regional lock on key activations

Thanks for that, but I know for a fact that some games were region locked on Nuuvem, keys, yes, and I want to avoid using VPN if I can.

Arthea

Awesome, thank you so much! Love these little contests! :D

Proof that I can draw better in RL :p

Spockeyebrow.gif

The games I know that have a region lock are Deep Silver games and Inversion

In your case, Pillars of Eternity(?) has no region lock

https://steamdb.info/app/291650/subs/

Someone correct me if I am wrong. I am still learning how SteamDB works

oh! now I see your point! finally (><)
Ya, it seems "cd keys" are all RoW

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
oh Jasec! Where have you been?

I started work this evening, technically (three-hour training shift but I only spent two hours actually doing stuff).

Do you know, is it possible to find out if a game is region locked on Nuuvem without actually buying it?

Look up the game's subs on SteamDB as you would if you were looking to buy it from a trader. That being said, it's not quite as easy as it used to be since store subs, by default, double as retail key subs, so if a game has a region-free store/retail sub but a region-locked retail sub, you can't quite be sure which one the key you want to buy is tied to, in which case it's best to play it safe unless there is confirmation from the community that Nuuvem's keys are indeed region-free. I wouldn't pay any mind to Nuuvem's own region-lock notice as ever since the SR4 debacle it's been overzealous with that.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Yay RB button on my X360 gamepad is functional again. It is always interesting how small things can make problems :D (Left one is old broken micro switch, right one is new micro switch).

P.S. Kudos to MS for making X360 gamepad so easy to repair :D

Also Ground Zeros is looking really good even on those YT screenshots.

How much did it cost and how long did it take to fix?

Milamber

I think Far Cry 4 is THE game to sell just how awesome HBAO+ is, not just on a technical level but an aesthetic one too.

For the, what? 7fps, 13% hit it costs I'll take that over blandness anyday.

Also I'm really surprised how well it holds up at the lowest settings too.

Oh yeah sorry but say goodbye to your bandwith.

So what's the general graphical consensus for 2 GB VRAM users? Good?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think Far Cry 4 is THE game to sell just how awesome HBAO+ is, not just on a technical level but an aesthetic one too.

For the, what? 7fps, 13% hit it costs I'll take that over blandness anyday.

Also I'm really surprised how well it holds up at the lowest settings too.

Oh yeah sorry but say goodbye to your bandwith.

icWuA5NGsUVEY.gif

Dr Dogg

So what's the general graphical consensus for 2 GB VRAM users? Good?

You're probably better off asking someone with a 2GB setup but I've hit 2.8-2.9GB at 2560x1440 with no AA using Ultra textures in a fair few places. But in my 10 min faff around at lowly of the low settings at 1920x1080 1.1-1.5GB was what AB was reporting.

I must be one of the few fortunate ones as outside of Dunia's vsync I've not encountered any stuttering and nothing like Far Cry 3 used to give me. Though reports are a bit varied.

dex3108

How much did it cost and how long did it take to fix?

I payed 0.2$ for micro switch and i replaced it in a couple of minutes. Main issue is Trigger mechanism because it covers one pin and you can't take of that part. You need to rise it enough so you can use soldering iron to remove old and fix new switch. Also you need to detach old switch from small bracket that keeps it in place. And that is it if you know what are you doing you can fix it in 5-10 minutes :D

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I payed 0.2$ for micro switch and i replaced it in a couple of minutes. Main issue is Trigger mechanism because it covers one pin and you can't take of that part. You need to rise it enough so you can use soldering iron to remove old and fix new switch. Also you need to detach old switch from small bracket that keeps it in place. And that is it if you know what are you doing you can fix it in 5-10 minutes :D

Thanks! My 360 pad has some wonky bumpers, so I was afraid I would have to buy another one.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

The only part of that whole sequence of events that fucks me over is the soldering part.

I really have no dexterity with a soldering iron and can't, for the life of me, figure soldering pins on boards out.

Having to de-solder something from a board, without damaging the board, and solder something else on the same place, always throws me off.

dex3108

The only part of that whole sequence of events that fucks me over is the soldering part.

I really have no dexterity with a soldering iron and can't, for the life of me, figure soldering pins on boards out.

Having to de-solder something from a board, without damaging the board, and solder something else on the same place, always throws me off.

It is not that hard. If you fix board in comfortable position it is extremely easy. Also small vacuum pump is main tool beside soldering iron. Take some old board and practice and you will be fine :D

Thanks! My 360 pad has some wonky bumpers, so I was afraid I would have to buy another one.

Nah it is easy fix and you will save money. Also maybe you will need to add something between bracket and new switch if new switch is shorter. My new switch was millimeter shorter and i just used paper to fix it in right position.

Ozium

just had fun playing metal slug 3.. been so long since I played one of these games..

then I go look on the store and see that only 3 and X are on Steam?

come on snk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom