• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

It is not that hard. If you fix board in comfortable position it is extremely easy. Also small vacuum pump is main tool beside soldering iron. Take some old board and practice and you will be fine :D

Or just take some home from uni. That's what I did for my final project, and still have the whole set-up.

Turfster

Damn, discovery queue...
"Zombie boss chats with players and seems so intelligent and real"
Voice of Pripyat 3D
, some weird MMO shooter thing

Good news!
The Mordheim store page is now up.

(Jeez guys, someone say something)
Rock Zombie is releasing today... ish. Looks like a retro beat-em-up

WH40K Armageddon? How are the Panzer Corps games?

Arthea

wait... if all retail keys are region free, what prevents us from buying it from a russian retailer? There are authorized russian resellers, aren't there?

wait... if all retail keys are region free, what prevents us from buying it from a russian retailer? There are authorized russian resellers, aren't there?

Russian keys aren't region free as far as I know. Keys aren't affected by the ACRTAG thing, but they can be locked on their own (and most Russian keys are)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Not all retail subs are region-free. Many if not most region-specific ones are region-locked in one way or another.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Phawx, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Phawx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
Cubic Ninja brand new in box 3DS #3 -- MB-E825934613ACD880 - Taken by RealMeat. 4 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Cubic Ninja brand new in box 3DS #2 -- MB-7C7E2E390A06C58B - Taken by KevinRo. 9 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Cubic Ninja brand new in box 3DS #1 -- MB-AAA26A493FAF6050 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 2 entrants total.

t1416495529z1.png

Deques

Deadpool for example has a Russian steam key. Which probably gives Russian text.

Which reminds me: I am still looking for Deadpool

Arthea

Not all retail subs are region-free. Many if not most region-specific ones are region-locked in one way or another.

I'm talking specifically about Pillars of Eternity, all retail subs seem to be region free.

Aren't those usually russian language-only versions?

are there? If there is no russian retail sub,
or alternatively I just didn't look deep enough (><)

derExperte

I can be wrong, but I thought preoders are enabled when there are less than 2 days left. Then again, quite a few times the timer was updated to later date before for bundles, so maybe BM16 doesn't really go live in a day or so.

Aaaaand they removed the countdown.

Hold up are these US or EU copies?

I believe these are US copies

What's the deal with Cubic Ninja? Never heard of it before

FYI, this is Phawx's original message for this raffle, they are not being given away:

Alright I got more than 4 PMs asking for Cubic Ninja, so the only fair way to do this is to do a raffle. These will not be given away. But I'm not going to make money either. PLEASE DO NOT SCALP THESE IF YOU WIN.

Kiru

Anyone know if I can use a Wii Remote as Xinput or just Dinput somehow ? I don't like to use keyboard controls for Metal Slug, feels so weird...

EDIT: Got it, Touchmote, nice program!

JaseC

I'm talking specifically about Pillars of Eternity, all retail subs seem to be region free.

Yeah, but they''re also dev subs, so retail keys will be tied to the store subs. That being said, the latter are also region-free aside from ACRTAG (which doesn't affect retail copies except in cases of multi-pack keys).

Copons

I've just completed a Game Dev Tycoon career and it was one of the most heartrending experiences I've ever tried.

After a couple of years warming up on the Govodore G64, I finally publish Mayor Mayhem a simple city simulation very well received by reviews (average score of 9) and by fans.
Soon after, it is the moment of Battlestar Commander, a space sim that granted me an average score of 10, and The Very Bad Within, a mystery game rated 9 again, both released for the shiny new Ninvento TES console.

Thanks to my superb games, my business in the 90s is in constant growth, peaking with Yellow Mellow Shotgun, a 9.75/10 western game for the Vonny Playsystem 2.

At that point I decide it's time to try to produce an MMO.
I develop a couple of sequels to allow me to research every single cutting edge technology I can and to create a custom game engine capable of everything really. After 3 years I'm finally ready to start the game.
I'll call it World of Battlestars, in honor of my first and only 10/10 game.

The hype is through the roof, everybody is waiting for the new videogaming revolution from Coponsoft.
I throw every single cent I have both to the game (orchestral soundtrack! celeb voice over! super amazing graphics! dynamic terrains! real time weather effects! branching plots!) and to an incessant ads campaign.
The game is complete and totally bug free, review copies are being sent out.

The first review gives WoB a 3.
My heart sinks.
The other reviews are a little more generous but eventually the game gets an average of 3.75.
Sales plummet.

In less than a year, server expenses surpass game incomes.
I'm forced to release a super early expansion pack, with what little money I can still scrape from my bank account. The expansion, called WoB: Destination Earth gets an average of 5, not enough.
Destination Earth will become my single biggest failure in the story of Coponsoft, losing 40 million dollars, net.

Coponsoft is on the verge of bankruptcy.
After 3 years from its launch I unplug WoB servers, and even if sparse fans of the game ask me to keep developing another MMO, I just can't.
My only option is to close my career in the most dignified way I can with my spare change left: developing mobile casual games until my time finally runs out.

Arthea

Yeah, but they''re also dev subs, so retail keys will be tied to the store subs. That being said, the latter are also region-free aside from ACRTAG (which doesn't affect retail copies except in cases of multi-pack keys).

OK, now you legitimately confused the shit out of me! (><)
you mean that there are subs that are not in database and those can be retailed?
If that's the case, why we even check database, we, just like Snow, know nothing!

Shadownet

Banned
Okay, I'll tell you the truth,

Infinite is a woman. Salsa is an inflatable crocodile with a penchant for beer.
And let me guess, Rhaknar pay for those beer?

No, but he likes to leave horse heads in people's beds ;P
IDontUnderstandThisReference.gif

Looks like someone got an easy way to be classified as a mega giver.
Yeah to be honest, that was quite shitty of them.

MacGameStore has Borderlands 2 GOTY 75% off again
Games Republic has a up to 75% off Paradox Interactive titles sale
Every time I turn around MacGameStore has another sale on Borderlands 2. It's like the 3rd time in 2 months already. At least.

i5-4670k and GTX 760, so I wasn't really expecting it to work.
Lol we have the exact setup. VC look great at normal 1080p, did you even notice any bump in graphic at 4K?

Lol we have the exact setup. VC look great at normal 1080p, did you even notice any bump in graphic at 4K?

Looking my screenshots for it. 4k and 1080p, when you downscale the latter, the windmill looks a fair bit better as a result, and is probably where the most obvious differences are. Also, to me, it seems like everything's less blurry after the downscaling.

JaseC

OK, now you legitimately confused the shit out of me! (><)
you mean that there are subs that are not in database and those can be retailed?
If that's the case, why we even check database, we, just like Snow, know nothing!

The retail-specific subs for Pillars all have the DevComp flag, so basically they're not intended for the public. The subs used on the Steam Store will also be used for retail keys.

The Deluxe sub for Warmachine Tactics will be pulled soonish.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/253510/announcements/detail/234514181858176432

e: To me it reads like the units offered aren't even exclusive so who cares.

Yeah, the DDE doesn't even have a special DLC app so I'll just buy the unit DLC later down the line.

bummed out that south park still feels like a drag. just got
the stick of truth back from jimmy
and i'm still not able to play this game for more than an hour at a time before boredom starts setting in. seems im about a third into the game, too, so this sure is going to take me a while.

Shadownet

Banned
Looking my screenshots for it. 4k and 1080p, when you downscale the latter, the windmill looks a fair bit better as a result, and is probably where the most obvious differences are. Also, to me, it seems like everything's less blurry after the downscaling.
Yeah I can see it. We should ask Rhaknar if have can run VC at 4K and still get 60 fps with his setup.

I tried running AC2 at 4k. Couldnt even maintain 15 fps lol

bummed out that south park still feels like a drag. just got
the stick of truth back from jimmy
and i'm still not able to play this game for more than an hour at a time before boredom starts setting in. seems im about a third into the game, too, so this sure is going to take me a while.
You're not the only one. I thought that game was fun but for some reason I couldn't play that game for more than an hour and not have to switch to something else. I feel like the combat at least for me, got a bit old quick.. But the story was interesting and funny.

Lain

Can I at least set my resolution to 1366*768? Because the game has a big black band on right side of the screen :l

Also, I'm a noob, how can I set GEDOTASO so to work properly with this game? I mean, I never used it because, you know, until now I played to the bare minimum.

For most info about using GeDoSaTo with FFXIII.
Just install the program and start it, it has a profile for FFXIII already where you can add or change stuff while the general profile has explanations for the settings.

iosefe

Ok, I launched it, how can I load this profile?
EDIT:Found it. But I can't select proper resolution for my screen.. I put 1366*768, editing the existing file, but still the resolution is abnormous.

you gotta bump the render resolution up in the FFXIII ini

i suggest starting with 2560x1440 and working your way up

iosefe

My monitor is 1366*768, on that setting there us 3840x2160
the point of GeDoSaTo is downsampling to force your computer to actually use it's GPU

in the main ini this is this
Code:
presentWidth 0
presentHeight 0
that means the output defaults to your monitor resolution, but if you want, just put your resolution in the respective spots. this will be the output

switch over to the FFXIII ini and you'll see something that says render resolution, which is t he internal resolution. it will render that, but downsample to fit your screen

assuming you have a laptop, 2560x1440 should be perfect, so change it to that

Asgaro

Drop what you are doing for 5 min 37 sec, grab a cup of coffee (or other preferred beverage), and watch this nice compilation of 53 games.
You won't regret it. :)

It's by a channel primarily focused on showing the art of video games. (And he shows PC gameplay. Only exception being games like Red Dead Redemption.)

Description of the channel:
Other Places is a series celebrating beautiful video game worlds. This special episode features a compilation of highlights from the first year.

He now made a compilation of most of the games he already featured:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C9CpFalsD4

The list of games.
Don't read if you for example want to guess the game by its gameplay segment.

1. EVE Online
2. Portal 2
3. Dear Esther
4. Mass Effect 2
5. Dead Space
6. Half-Life 2: Episode Two
7. Hitman: Absolution
8. Mass Effect 2
9. Just Cause 2
10. Take On Mars
11. Batman: Arkham City
12. BioShock Infinite: Burial At Sea
13. DayZ
14. Dark Souls II
15. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
16. Fallout 3
17. Max Payne 3
18. Proteus
19. Arma III
20. Team Fortress 2
21. Hitman: Absolution
22. Tomb Raider
23. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
24. Skyrim: Dragonborn
25. Alan Wake
26. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
27. Dishonored
28. Alien: Isolation
29. Far Cry 3
30. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
31. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
32. Alan Wake
33. EVE Online
34. Dishonored
35. Fallout: New Vegas
36. Mafia II
37. Dear Esther
38. Half-Life 2
39. Alan Wake
40. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
41. Alien: Isolation
42. Far Cry 3
43. Skyrim: Dragonborn
44. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
45. Max Payne 3
46. Portal 2
47. Fallout 3
48. Dark Souls II
49. Take On Mars
50. EVE Online
51. BioShock Infinite: Burial At Sea
52. Batman: Arkham City
53. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Ozium

Aaaaand they removed the countdown.

There will be no preorder for this one it seems, I posted already, but you probably missed.

edited: too good to let it go for cheap! (><)

in the chat johnny said that the pre order will go up in a few hours...

y'all hyped yet?

http://i.imgur.com/jvCdWPV.jpg <-- picture with interpretations of clues, by no means definitive, cept point perfect which was confirmed by johnny

MayMay

Banned
Looks like there are more light sources and reflections

The biggest difference is in the LOD distance in the first shot:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/100950

A staggering difference really. Half the geometry is just completely missing on PS4 at mid- to long distances.

Damn, that is a huge difference. The LOD distance looks nice indeed, should also improve TPP by a whole lot because that features even bigger areas.. Can't wait.

Arthea

Quest for Infamy alone guarantees the preorder will be worth it.

ya, I totally hope it is Quest for Infamy, it's in my wishlist, that's why I wanted to preoder, for that game alone, not sure what others are.
I wonder now why there was talk about no being preoder earlier today, though

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of DontBlink, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DontBlink, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GRID -- MB-A279D2472DC7A59B - Taken by fernandes. 19 entrants total.
Metro 2033 -- MB-1FF8729E5DB2F2AD

t1416541731z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom