• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Ok, I launched it, how can I load this profile?
EDIT:Found it. But I can't select proper resolution for my screen.. I put 1366*768, editing the existing file, but still the resolution is abnormous.

I think that might have to do with the fact your monitor is 1366*768? In the FFXIII profile you set the resolution you want the game to render at (which is higher than your monitor resolution, as you use GeDoSaTo to downscale and thus improve the IQ of the game), while you set your main resolution in the general profile, though that's set by default to be your monitor main resolution.
It could be that you're gonna get black bars no matter what until they add graphic options in December.

Also, speaking of GeDoSaTo, I wonder how come it works better than nVidia's DSR. DSR fucks my mouse pointer speed in most games and in some games (mainly Blizzard games like D3 and WoW) it fucks the image quality and the text at any resolution except 3840x2160 when downscaling.

Ozium

Quest for Infamy alone guarantees the preorder will be worth it.

ya, I totally hope it is Quest for Infamy, it's in my wishlist, that's why I wanted to preoder, for that game alone, not sure what others are.
I wonder now why there was talk about no being preoder earlier today, though

the name dropping of Quest for Glory makes me want this game now.. have never heard of it before this bundle speculation

Arthea

The retail-specific subs for Pillars all have the DevComp flag, so basically they're not intended for the public. The subs used on the Steam Store will also be used for retail keys.
but steam subs are not region locked except for ACRTAG too, which has nothing to do with retail, no?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
but steam subs are not region locked except for ACRTAG too, which has nothing to do with retail, no?

It affects multi-pack keys that are tied to region-locked gift subs. For instance, if an Eastern European user activated an Age of Mythology four-pack key, the three spares would be region-locked.

Drop what you are doing for 5 min 37 sec, grab a cup of coffee (or other preferred beverage), and watch this nice compilation of 53 games.
You won't regret it. :)

It's by a channel primarily focused on showing the art of video games. (And he shows PC gameplay. Only exception being games like Red Dead Redemption.)

Description of the channel:

He now made a compilation of most of the games he already featured:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C9CpFalsD4

The list of games.
Don't read if you for example want to guess the game by its gameplay segment.
That's an awesome video, all the games look so gorgeous.
I had to look at the list to see which games were what, it's impressive how a game I'm so familiar with can look incredibly different with a slightly altered camera angle and the removal of the hud.

Hmm, I have three keys for Cherry Tree High I! My! Girls! but I'm not sure if it's ok to post them here via ModBot or if I should rather hand them to someone else to do it for me, like JaseC.

What's the best course of action to share the moe kawaii uguu with you guys? :p

Also, how big is FFXIII-2 going to be... I sure as hell hope it's not going to be 63gb again. It says 30GB but that could change or it's really a considerably shorter game? (With the little amount of time I have available I certainly want this to be short!)

gngf123

Hmm, I have three keys for Cherry Tree High I! My! Girls! but I'm not sure if it's ok to post them here via ModBot or if I should rather hand them to someone else to do it for me, like JaseC.

Also, how big is FFXIII-2 going to be... I sure as hell hope it's not going to be 63gb again. It says 30GB but that could change or it's really a considerably shorter game? (With the little amount of time I have available I certainly want this to be short!)

I see no reason why you couldn't send them out through modbot.

Ozium

OgamCWB.jpg

more guesses for the be mine 16

Lain

ModBot them yourself. It's the best course of action as it's totally OK to post them here via modbot (and hopefully I'll win one!).

Turfster

Quest for Glory is a good PnC game, but sadly went under everyone's radar.

Excuse me, but I own the whole quintilogy 3 times =p
(Well, 2 times for the 5th one and 3 times for 1-4)

People with discerning taste noticed it decades ago, thank you very much ;)

Deitus

Late response, but no one else appears to have responded.

What's that from and why does it look so... Uh, you know. I thought games were supposed to have over 100 polys in their character budget nowadays!
lol

That's from League of Legends, so it should be no surprise that it is fairly low poly. You never see character models up close in that game though, so you wouldn't really notice in game.

M... MD!? WHERES YOUR SEXY AVATAR!? D:

Surprisingly, M.D is not -MD-. I know, it threw me off too.

Phawx

It seems like there was an accidental application to my Cubic Ninja 3DS raffle. So I have one copy to send to whoever wants it. $15 shipped to US.

First to quote this gets it.

It seems like there was an accidental application to my Cubic Ninja 3DS raffle. So I have one copy to send to whoever wants it. $15 shipped to US.

First to quote this gets it.

Accidental? I'm still not sure how people ACCIDENTALLY enter modbot raffles.

And while I am the first to quote and I did enter for #2, I don't think I'm into paying the shipping, so the 2nd person who quotes you can take it. :)

Phawx

Accidental? I'm still not sure how people ACCIDENTALLY enter modbot raffles.

And while I am the first to quote and I did enter for #2, I don't think I'm into paying the shipping, so the 2nd person who quotes you can take it. :)

Did you quote this because you wanted it XD

Edit: it's $15 total. Not $15 extra. So $4 to buy packaging and ship it. I'm not trying to make any money on this.

Did you quote this because you wanted it XD

Edit: it's $15 total. Not $15 extra. So $4 to buy packaging and ship it. I'm not trying to make any money on this.

Oh, I never intended to make it seem like you were -- I just don't care enough about the reasons to own the game to worry about shelling out for shipping -- let it go to someone who actually wants the game for <reasons>. My 3DS can continue to collect dust until they announce some sort of 2D Metroid revival game for it.

Tizoc

Excuse me, but I own the whole quintilogy 3 times =p
(Well, 2 times for the 5th one and 3 times for 1-4)

People with discerning taste noticed it decades ago, thank you very much ;)

Fudge I meant infamy XD.
I need to play that series someday @_@

Oh yeah what was the best ver. of beyond good and evil again? GOGor Steam?

zkylon

zkylewd
Drop what you are doing for 5 min 37 sec, grab a cup of coffee (or other preferred beverage), and watch this nice compilation of 53 games.

It's by a channel primarily focused on showing the art of video games. (And he shows PC gameplay. Only exception being games like Red Dead Redemption.)

The list of games.
why are some games listed twice?

like fallout 3 or max payne 3?

iosefe

I can't do that in the FFXIII config file. While if I do it in the main config, then it applies to FFXIII, at least by reading the text when I boot the game.

Code:
# Lines starting with "#" are ignored by GeDoSaTo and used to provide documentation

# This is a profile file for ffxiiiimg

## Rendering Resolution
# can't select res in-game so write it here
clearRenderResolutions
renderResolution 3200x1800@60
#renderResolution 2560x1440@60
#renderResolution 3840x2160@60
#renderResolution 4480x2520@60

## Anti Aliasing
# MSAA sample count, default 4, other options: 2, 8
# higher = higher performance impact
MSAASampleCount 4
# Enable coverage sampling (CSAA on NV, EQAA on AMD) if HW supports it
# (improvement for small performance hit)
enableCoverageSampling false

## Shadow Resolution
# 1 = default
# sensible values: 2, 4, 8 (extreme)
# higher numbers = larger performance impact
shadowScale 1

## Required settings, don't change
injectPSHash 1329c9bf
maxScreenshotParallelism -1
forceRenderRes true
there's my ffXiii ini, for you to start, remove the # on 2560, and add one to the 3200 line

on the main ini, leave the rend resolution and preset dimensions alone, but change bilinear to bicubic. give that a run

Grief.exe

The list of games.

That sounds like a great channel. I'll check it out now.

why are some games listed twice?

like fallout 3 or max payne 3?

Just guessing, but it is possible that they are listing titles in the order they are shown.
For example, they may show footage of Fallout 3 multiple times.

Lomax

BeMine bundles are usually great but the quality has been slipping and none of those guesses are stuff I care about. But then I could just skip lunch and pay for it so it's still tempting. I really should swear off borderline bundles though x.x

Arthea

Considering QfI, if it's one of them, is 20€...
Of course, the full bundle price will still be less.

I'm totally prepared for it not to be QfI, seeing as I preordered bundle for it!
I sometimes think that pictures reminding certain games not in a bundle are being thrown in on purpose, it's such a nice way to get more sales and not really harmful, we are to blame for falling for this time and again (><)

derExperte

Turfster

GMG's deals of the day are Castle of Illusion 75% off and The Cave 75% off

Bundlestars has a Trainz Mega Bundle for 3.59€

IndieRoyale Debut 21 bundle
Price: 1.63€ currently
  • Urja
  • Quantum Conscience
  • Fake Colours
  • F1 Chequered Flag
  • Just Get Through
  • Ilamentia
  • Miner Warfare
  • The Ingenious Machine

Ozium

GOAT MMO IS UP

GOAT

GOAT ALERT

GOAT MMO IS UP

edit: oh shit I didn't see derExperte's post I was so focused on posting it to be Turfster... gut gemacht!

Okies, dudes, here we go. Hope this is right and show me your love! :p

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AlphaProspector, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cherry Tree High I! My! Girls! -- MB-29B2E0D611696BE0 - Taken by pupo. 24 entrants total.
Cherry Tree High I! My! Girls! #2 -- MB-B8ADE358295FDDB1 - Taken by fernandes. 17 entrants total.
Cherry Tree High I! My! Girls! #3 -- MB-DB75E8B62DDDD5C0 - Taken by fspm. 15 entrants total.

t1416514553z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom